Jamaal Charles

Goat

I've been watching film on him and it seems that the more I watch the more I like him. He seems to be that tough, hard nosed runner that knows how to run in between the tackles but still has the speed to take it to the house on any given play. He also knows how to make people miss in the open field. I've only seen high lights of him so is this pretty accurate about the way he plays? And what do you think of him? Thanks in advance.

totalbirdbrain (2/19/2008)
Billy, I think the knock on him was his untimely fumbles. He was said to have worked hard to improve his ball handling. He also kept his weight down during his Texas days, from what I read, to maintain his speed for track so he could probably easily put on a few more pounds to concentrate on Football.

Ah ok thanks for the info. I didn't know he did track too, maybe that's a sign that he's got his head in the right place (I don't know of any incidents involving him). Ball security is something that can be fixed (See Tiki Barber). He'd seem to be a good compliment to Norwood, not exactly the big bruiser but he can run in between the tackles well and can shed tackles.

I said a while ago that our best bet might be to get a guy like Jamal Charles to be our #1 RB, every down type of guy, and let Norwood be a Reggie Bush type player, a little RB, a little WR. I think we are making a mistake by putting so many eggs in one basket (Norwood), and if we draft a RB who is purely for short yardage, we may find ourselves with two RBs that can't consistently carry the load. Jamal Charles might just fit the bill.