Tracking the Elusive Coin Flip

jmike811

I've received plenty of messages with questions regarding the coin flip at the Combine. As you all know, this flip between the Falcons, Raiders and the Chiefs (possibly) will decide if the Falcons pick third, fourth or fifth in the Draft.

Early indications from the Falcons front office suggest the coin flip will be on Friday. The time is yet to be determined. Check this thread (and the blog) for up-to-date information as it becomes available.

bossFALCON (2/19/2008)
thanks. this sucks why do they have to wait so long? they are driving everyone insane!:crazy:

The bosses of the NFL are still working out on how to do the coin toss. Apparently they have run into a lot of unexpected problems.

I have offered to do it for them but havent had a reply, yet!!!:w00t:

Negrodamus (2/19/2008)
Here's what's been puzzling me. How do you do a coin toss between three parties?

Good question. Basically, the tie between the Raiders and Chiefs has already been broken do to the current tie breaking scenario. In short, the Raiders must pick just ahead of the Chiefs.

So, the Falcons will start by flipping a coin with the Raiders. If the Birds win, they pick third, the Raiders, fourth, the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win, then there's a toss between the Falcons and Chiefs to see who picks fourth.

It's broken down in this story...

http://origin.atlantafalcons.com/News/Arti..._opponents.aspx

J. Michael Moore (2/19/2008)
Negrodamus (2/19/2008)
Here's what's been puzzling me. How do you do a coin toss between three parties?

Good question. Basically, the tie between the Raiders and Chiefs has already been broken do to the current tie breaking scenario. In short, the Raiders must pick just ahead of the Chiefs.

So, the Falcons will start by flipping a coin with the Raiders. If the Birds win, they pick third, the Raiders, fourth, the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win, then there's a toss between the Falcons and Chiefs to see who picks fourth.

Sweet, thanks!

J. Michael Moore (2/19/2008)
Negrodamus (2/19/2008)

you are a very helpful soul