just read the complete scouting report on...

twyntefour

i have been seeing this kids name pop up all over this board in recent weeks, and just dismissed it since hes from a small school and i havent really heard much about him any where else. after reading his scouting report and watching some film this kid is a must have with one of our 2 second round picks. he sounds very derek anderson/ben roethlisberish. i would love to have a reason to watch games again and Flacco would definitly be awesome to watch!

one other thing that looks good for our second and third rd is that right now alot of drafts have like 8 OT's going in the first, no way does that happen at most i say 4 or 5 would go, in recent history 3 or 4 is the number, i cant see it tripiling this year, we should be able to land first round Oline talent in the second and third. TD needs to go have lunch with parcells and convince him that the fins neeeeeds matt ryan so TD doesnt get Flammed for not taking him with our pick haha.

I say that a QB isn't the top priority at this point. I feel we should take d-line first round, andre woodson with our first second-rounder and o-line with the next. A steal in the late 2nd or 3rd round will be qualib from kansas. I know we drafted houston last year but i don't see d-hall stickin around after this year. I see alot of fans saying we should pick up derek anderson, i disagree because he only showed promise this season, not to mention 88% of his passes went to braylon edwards. Too risky in my opinion!

I would like to get him in the fourth, but from reading a lot of stuff here Flacco will be taken in the second. I think it's too big of a risk to take Flacco that early because he has virtually no experience in taking snaps from under center, so he will need a lot of work with the QB coach on footwork and timing. He probably would not be ready to start until at least his 2nd year and maybe even later than that. He definitely does not help our QB situation in 2008.

Forgive me for saying this but looking at a Qb's highlights and scouting reports is meaningless.

You have to look at at LEAST a few games ... the entire game(s) to make a sound decision. I do believe Joe Flacco has tons of promise but I also worry about a guy who's afraid to compete becaus he leaves one school to go to another so he can get more playing time. However, noone knows if that is because of the coach or the fact that he was unwilling to win the job.

grendel (2/19/2008)
He didn't want to wait and only start one year.

I suppose Tom Brady is horrible because he didn't become the starter until Henson left?

It has nothing to do with Tom Brady. However, if you read what I said, we don't know for sure what his true motives are. That's fine by me, I hope our scouting can make the right determination.

I just wanted to bring up that point.