Steve Bartkowski is the franchise's winningest QB.

birdweiserrr

I've seen a lot of "untruths" (as some like to call them) going around about who the winningest QB in franchise history is. I just want to point out that only one person holds that honor and that's Steve Bartkowski.

Steve Bartkowski is a class act and was loved by everyone. He's possibly my favorite all-time Falcon. He ranks right up there with Tuggle, Case, Andrews, Deion, and Mathis.

I'm not gonna sit back and let others give away what he accomplished. That's right. Bartkowski, and no one else, is this franchise's winningest QB.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

birdweiserrr (2/19/2008)
I've seen a lot of "untruths" (as some like to call them) going around about who the winningest QB in franchise history is. I just want to point out that only one person holds that honor and that's Steve Bartkowski.

Steve Bartkowski is a class act and was loved by everyone. He's possibly my favorite all-time Falcon. He ranks right up there with Tuggle, Case, Andrews, Deion, and Mathis.

I'm not gonna sit back and let others give away what he accomplished. That's right. Bartkowski, and no one else, is this franchise's winningest QB.

Vick is the ONLY Falcons QB with a winning record as a starter. Bart can't say the same.

You know, I'll get flamed for this, but I'd take a healthy Chris Chandler over both of them. If Chandler had not been so injury prone, he would have been a truly great QB. He had the skills and talent, but was the most fragile human in history since Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable.

Bart was great, but he never led us to a Super Bowl.

rev_hal (2/19/2008)
You know, I'll get flamed for this, but I'd take a Chris Chandler over both of them. If Chandler had not been so injury prone, he would have been a truly great QB. He had the skills and talent, but was the most fragile human in history since Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable.

you would take a standing statue over a mobile vick who could do both pass and run???wow, how low can you go..id be surprised if u said u would take bobby herbert or kurt kittner also.

falconsstomp (2/19/2008)
rev_hal (2/19/2008)
You know, I'll get flamed for this, but I'd take a Chris Chandler over both of them. If Chandler had not been so injury prone, he would have been a truly great QB. He had the skills and talent, but was the most fragile human in history since Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable.

you would take a standing statue over a mobile vick who could do both pass and run???wow, how low can you go..id be surprised if u said u would take bobby herbert or kurt kittner also.

I'm not goig "low" at all. Why the personal insult? Can you not have a discussion without taking shots at people?

rev_hal (2/19/2008)
falconsstomp (2/19/2008)
rev_hal (2/19/2008)

I'm not goig "low" at all. Why the personal insult? Can you not have a discussion without taking shots at people?

im not taking a shot at you, i was just simply saying that you pick a chris chandler who only 1 real successful season (in 98) over vick who put this franchise on his back and carried us 6 years? chandler had more weapons then vick ever had, chandler had go to recievers in mathis, martin, dwight, jefferson, and a great back in jamal anderson. vick only had alge. you do the math.

rev_hal (2/19/2008)

I'm with you on this one Rev - as a huge Houston Oilers fan I saw Chandler lay it on the line with a terrible team year after year and I saw him do the same in Atlanta - I saw him exceed his potential and I saw others never live up to theirs

nobkowski (2/19/2008)
Whoever won the most games is the winningist. Don't take a math genuis to figure that one out.

well that is true, but also you cant say "winningest" without that player or coach having spent their entire time as a falcon or the majority of their career as a falcon. if vick would have not got into trouble and spent his entire career with the falcons, he would have shattered any QB's record that was ever in the record books.

rev_hal (2/19/2008)

I'd have to agree.

I liked Bart, but Chandler is the greatest Falcons QB of all time because he got us to a SB. Running and passing stats be damned. He made the plays that counted.

The true indicator of who gives you the best chance to win is how many wins vs how many losses they've had. That the honest way to look at who gives you the best chance to win.

If you look at success of any of our QB's over their first 6 years in the NFL, and even factor in the redshirt 1st year of Vick, he took this franchise further, quicker than any QB by time he was 26 years old. Bartkowski hadn;'t even won a playoff game by that age, Vick had advanced the Falcons in the playoffs in 2 difeent years, had a division title and was one game short of the Super Bowl...all by age 26. NO FALCON QB DID MORE WITH LESS IN SUCH A SHORT TIME THAN VICK.

Bartkowski had a much better supporting cast over the years, with offensive playmakers across the board.

Bartkowskis supporting cast in 1980:

OFFENSE

WR 89 Wallace Francis

WR 84 Alfred Jenkins

LT 78 Mike Kenn

C 57 Jeff Van Note

RG 68 R.C. Thielemann

RT 66 Warren Bryant

TE 80 Junior Miller

LG 70 Dave Scott

QB 10 Steve Bartkowski

FB 31 William Andrews

HB 21 Lynn Cain

DEFENSE

LE 79 Jeff Yeates

NT 65 Don Smith

RE 75 Jeff Merrow

56 Al Richardson

SS 36 Bob Glazebrook

FS 27 Tom Pridemore

LCB 22 Rolland Lawrence

RCB 37 Kenny Johnson

ROLB 51 Jim Laughlin

RILB 50 Buddy Curry

LILB 54 Fulton Kuykendall

LOLB KR 16 Reggie Smith

VICK NEVER HAD REMOTELY CLOSE TO THIS SAME LEVEL OF SUPPORT THAT BARTKOWSKI HAD, JUST LOOK AT ALL THOSE PLAYMAKERS AND TALENT BARTKOWSKI HAD!!!!!!!

Statick (2/19/2008)
rev_hal (2/19/2008)

I'd have to agree.

I liked Bart, but Chandler is the greatest Falcons QB of all time because he got us to a SB. Running and passing stats be damned. He made the plays that counted.

CHANDLER DID TAKE US TO OUR ONLY SB. BUT WE NEVER LOVED HIM LIKE WE LOVED BART. BART WAS ONE OF US.:)

REV.2000 (2/19/2008)

CHANDLER DID TAKE US TO OUR ONLY SB. BUT WE NEVER LOVED HIM LIKE WE LOVED BART. BART WAS ONE OF US.:)

Same thing in Houston - he was the QB that got murdered in between Moon and McNair and started the rebuild that McNair inheritted but he will never get the love like Moon and McNair and most tend to forget he even played for them

gazoo (2/19/2008)
The true indicator of who gives you the best chance to win is how many wins vs how many losses they've had. That the honest way to look at who gives you the best chance to win.

If you look at success of any of our QB's over their first 6 years in the NFL, and even factor in the redshirt 1st year of Vick, he took this franchise further, quicker than any QB by time he was 26 years old. Bartkowski hadn;'t even won a playoff game by that age, Vick had advanced the Falcons in the playoffs in 2 difeent years, had a division title and was one game short of the Super Bowl...all by age 26. NO FALCON QB DID MORE WITH LESS IN SUCH A SHORT TIME THAN VICK.

Bartkowski had a much better supporting cast over the years, with offensive playmakers across the board.

Bartkowskis supporting cast in 1980:

OFFENSE

WR 89 Wallace Francis Good receiver

WR 84 Alfred Jenkins Great receiver

LT 78 Mike Kenn ROCK!

C 57 Jeff Van Note ROCK!!

RG 68 R.C. Thielemann

RT 66 Warren Bryant The only weal link on this line!!

TE 80 Junior Miller Good TE when he wanted to be.

LG 70 Dave Scott

QB 10 Steve Bartkowski

FB 31 William Andrews Rushed for over 1000 yards

HB 21 Lynn Cain Rushed for over 1000 yards

DEFENSE

LE 79 Jeff Yeates

NT 65 Don Smith

RE 75 Jeff Merrow

56 Al Richardson

SS 36 Bob Glazebrook

FS 27 Tom Pridemore

LCB 22 Rolland Lawrence

RCB 37 Kenny Johnson

ROLB 51 Jim Laughlin

RILB 50 Buddy Curry

LILB 54 Fulton Kuykendall

LOLB KR 16 Reggie Smith

VICK NEVER HAD REMOTELY CLOSE TO THIS SAME LEVEL OF SUPPORT THAT BARTKOWSKI HAD, JUST LOOK AT ALL THOSE PLAYMAKERS AND TALENT BARTKOWSKI HAD!!!!!!!

falconsstomp (2/19/2008)
nobkowski (2/19/2008)
Whoever won the most games is the winningist. Don't take a math genuis to figure that one out.

well that is true, but also you cant say "winningest" without that player or coach having spent their entire time as a falcon or the majority of their career as a falcon. if vick would have not got into trouble and spent his entire career with the falcons, he would have shattered any QB's record that was ever in the record books.

LOL

I love the woulda, shoulda, coulda.....that's about all that Vick is. Funny thing is, you can't even see how silly your comment looks.

birdweiserrr (2/19/2008)

Can't get enough of Vick, can you? Your wrong as well, Vick is FACTUALLY the winningest QB in Falcons history.

The Falcon Ace (2/19/2008)
birdweiserrr (2/19/2008)

Can't get enough of Vick, can you? Your wrong as well, Vick is FACTUALLY the winningest QB in Falcons history.

How many wins does Bartkowski have?

How many wins does Vick have?

Now who has won the most games?

TA DA!!!!

The Falcon Ace (2/19/2008)
birdweiserrr (2/19/2008)

Hold on, hold on! You're trying logic here and if you've been around long enough you'd know that logic don't go round here!