I've seen M. Turners name brought up alot here.

klepto

brendyne (2/19/2008)
Dominic Rhodes is almost as lightweight as Dunn. Isnt the sole reason Dunn would be gone is because he isnt a power back? Dominic Rhodes is nowhere near a powerback.

A reason, but probalby not the sole reason. I think his contract is pretty hefty right now, and they may be looking pretty hard at the lack of production last year.

falconfoozball (2/19/2008)
brendyne (2/19/2008)
Dominic Rhodes is almost as lightweight as Dunn. Isnt the sole reason Dunn would be gone is because he isnt a power back? Dominic Rhodes is nowhere near a powerback.

A reason, but probalby not the sole reason. I think his contract is pretty hefty right now, and they may be looking pretty hard at the lack of production last year.

Whats funny is, i dont remember typing sole, but oh well. If we werent converting to a power running game there would be no talk of Dunns contract, hes arguably still getting most of what he needs to get done, but i do think he needs to restructure it. I dont know of many power backs available in FA, and since i dont live in the US its too hard to get the low down on college players.

formul8or (2/19/2008)
I think RB's flousish in Indy's system even if they're not great. Edgeran James hasn't done much in Arizona, Rhodes didn't do much in Oakland, Thomas didn't do much for the Jets.

Meanwhile Addai and his backup Keith are lookin pretty good.

Edgeron James as a rather poor o-line in Arizona. But its better then our, what were his stats this year? Im pretty sure he got over 1000 in his first season with them. Didn't Thomas come from the Bears?

Edgeron James as a rather poor o-line in Arizona. But its better then our, what were his stats this year? Im pretty sure he got over 1000 in his first season with them. Didn't Thomas come from the Bears?

Yeah I had a big brain fart, isn't there another runningback they had a year or two ago that went somewhere else? Maybe not...

formul8or (2/19/2008)

Yeah I had a big brain fart, isn't there another runningback they had a year or two ago that went somewhere else? Maybe not...

I cant think of one... Runningbacks flourish in that system though because of all the threat of passing, plus with Peyton Manning calling 500 audibles before the snap, the defense never knows whats going to happen.

formul8or (2/19/2008)

Ironically enough, it's Dominic Rhodes.