Favorite Defense

papikaika

Ethanga62890 (2/18/2008)
I like the 46 (it's what i run in Madden) because it constantly involves going after the QB and just killing him. Unfortunately it doesn't work in today's NFL.

Brian Billick's Defensive play book is awesome. It has pretty much everything in it. On Madden...

I like the 3-4, but thats because I love having fast, athletic LB's.

we are running the cover-2 arent we? thats pretty similar to the tampa-2, at least in principle i think.

anyways, i really like the 3-4 or the cover-2 defense. the 3-4 because you can dial up very unique pressure and get some freaks of nature at linebacker and such. then i love the cover 2 because you can get very good-great corners at better values because they dont have elite 40 times. like chevis jackson from LSU. he has a pretty bad 40 time but would be a perfect fit for the cover-2. and it would require lots of depth along the defensive line to apply pressure from the front 4, which is something i really like.

I like the 3-3-5, however it as an NFL defense probably not the best cause the run will blow it up. However if you could get the right nose tackle in there I think it could be very effective.

Here is an example of a team I would field (i won't use all star players)

Ty Warren - Shaun Rogers - Igor Olshanky

Adalius Thomas - Patrick Willis - Angelo Crowell

That would be my front 6

With yoru Dline you need big strong guys who can hold there lanes but also have some pass rush ablilty.

At linebacker again you need big guys, who can all run fast cause they got to do it all take on Lineman, cover TE's and RB's and rush the passer.

Secondary you want to ball hawking corners, and Two safties who are can play teh pass and run equally (they don't need to be outstanding at either just good).

I want a lot of down linemen. My favorite is the 5-2, but for realism's sake, the 4-3. I love the idea of having speed rushers on either end, then a bigger, under tackle-type player inside one, and then a gigantic nose guard in the middle of that 5-2 line. Then in our sake, we get Michael Boley and (probably)Keith Brooking to play LB, and we can improve our depth there significantly. Oh, and then I woke up. :

I like the 4-3 b/c I think it's the best base D to shut down the run. Especially w/ two stud DT's (ie Jacksonville). However, I would agree that the 3-4 is more versatile and there is a lot more you can do with it. I just think is suseptible to runs between the tackles. The cover 2 can create a lot of turnovers, even with weaker corners, but you better have darn good safeties and a MLB that can cover a lot of field.