Jehuu Caulcrick Michigan State RB

Check this guy out, 6'0 and wieghs 255lbs

he could be a great power back to have on our team. now i dont see him starting or being the feature back but he could make a great combo with norwood and maybe another back like matt forte or tashard choice.

He's a 6-7th rnder i think, if anyone knows for sure let me know.

comments?

papikaika (2/18/2008)
We have that in Mughelli.

No, we have a pass blocker in Mughelli... This kid Caulcrick isn't just a pass blocker, he reminds me a lot of... well no one really, maybe greg jones... A HUGE RB that just plows over people and is pretty quick, will never outrun anybody to the edge but can juke and cut and well just truck forward. I'd easily take him in the 7th and have him, norwood and snelling beast it out.

It doesn't really matter how big and strong a guy is, if he doesn't have burst, he's not going to do much past the line of scrimmage other than attempt to plow up the middle. While we need a competent short-yardage option, I think it would be best to just take a starting-calibur tailback earlier in the draft that can handle those duties.

Richard Nixon (2/18/2008)
It doesn't really matter how big and strong a guy is, if he doesn't have burst, he's not going to do much past the line of scrimmage other than attempt to plow up the middle. While we need a competent short-yardage option, I think it would be best to just take a starting-calibur tailback earlier in the draft that can handle those duties.

yea if u read my post, that exactly what i said, He definitly couldnt be a feature back or the starter,

But i think he could be a good situational back on goalline and short yardage situations.

a 255 lb RB running behind a 260 lb FB mughelli, with Blaylock who is 330 lbs and someone like gosder chelrious or carl nicks, who are both well over 300 lbs blocking for them would be hard to stop on 3rd and short and goalline situations when we need 1-2 yards.

Charles Wright (2/19/2008)
Highlight films are showcases mostly and thats what I saw here. Guy had holes you coulda driven a truck through. Decent finish tho and might warrant 7rd pick.

u kiddin dude, he broke several tackles in this video, and got some tough yards.

I wish people would read my post, cause im not saying he's gonna be a starter in this league, or that he will even be any good,

I just like his size and potential as a SITUATIONAL goal line/short yardage back

not as a starter, we are talking about 6-7th rnder as well...

He's listed as a Tailback and compared to Bettis.

Meet the Team | Schedule/Results | News | Archives

Jehuu Caulcrick

Class:

Senior

Hometown:

Findley Lake, N.Y.

High School:

Clymer

Height / Weight:

6-0 / 255

Position:

RB

Birthdate:

08/06/1983

Experience:

3L

Career Stats

Jerome Bettis-type running back figures to earn his share of carries in 2007 . . . ranked as the nation's third-best fullback by Phil Steele's College Football Preview . . . preseason honorable mention All-America selection by Street & Smith's . . . has deceptive speed for a back his size . . . three-year letterman has rushed for 1,523 career yards (4.9 avg.) and 18 TDs . . . needs five rushing TDs in 2007 to crack MSU's all-time Top 10 in that category . . . AS A JUNIOR: Appeared in 11 of 12 games, including six starts at running back (vs. Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern, Purdue and Minnesota) . . . sat out the Eastern Michigan game with a sprained foot . . . finished third on the team in rushing with 426 yards on 108 carries (3.9 avg.) . . . led the Spartans in rushing touchdowns (6 in 2006) for the second-straight year . . . scored at least one rushing TD in each of his first five games . . . rushed eight times for 111 yards vs. No. 12 Notre Dame, including a 30-yard TD run in the third quarter . . . had a season-high 17 carries for 64 yards at Pittsburgh and scored twice . . . gained 50 yards on 12 attempts in the season opener vs. Idaho, including a 2-yard TD run early in the fourth quarter . . . had a career-best 15 catches for 123 yards (8.2 avg.) . . . his first career TD reception, an 18-yarder from Drew Stanton midway through the third quarter at Northwestern, sparked MSU's second-half comeback . . . caught three passes for 28 yards vs. Illinois . . .

AS A SOPHOMORE: Saw action in all 11 games in 2005 . . . rushed 89 times for 478 yards (5.4 avg.) and a team-leading seven touchdowns . . . scored a rushing TD in four-consecutive games (against Michigan, Ohio State, Northwestern and Indiana) during a midseason stretch . . . gained 59 yards on 10 carries vs. Indiana, including a 1-yard TD plunge late in the third quarter . . . picked up 50 yards on seven attempts vs. Michigan, including a 1-yard TD run late in the second quarter . . . ran 10 times for 57 yards in the Big Ten opener vs. Illinois . . . earned the first start of his collegiate career vs. Notre Dame . . . led the team in rushing in the first two games of the 2005 season . . . rushed for 89 yards on a career-high 20 attempts vs. Hawaii . . . recorded his second career 100-yard game, rushing for 140 yards on 14 carries in the season opener vs. Kent State while scoring a career-best three TDs . . . his 40-yard run around right end set up his second TD against the Golden Flashes, a 5-yard gallop in the second quarter . . . caught five passes for 53 yards (10.6 avg.) . . . AS A FRESHMAN: Named to the Big Ten All-Freshman Team by The Sporting News . . . appeared in 11 of 12 games in 2004 (DNP vs. Rutgers in the season opener) . . . ranked fourth on the team in rushing with 619 yards on 113 carries (5.5 avg.) . . . his five rushing touchdowns tied Drew Stanton for second on the team . . . gained a career-best 146 yards on 13 carries vs. Wisconsin, including a 1-yard TD run in the third quarter . . . his 59-yard gallop in the fourth quarter against the Badgers set up another score . . . carried the ball 13 times for 94 yards vs. Minnesota, including TD runs of 18 and 10 yards . . . picked up 85 rushing yards on 16 attempts vs. Illinois . . . had 14 rushes for 54 yards vs. Indiana . . . rushed for a team-high 85 yards on 15 carries vs. Notre Dame . . . ran 15 times for 67 yards in his collegiate debut vs. Central Michigan, including a 7-yard TD run in the third quarter . . . had one catch each vs. Penn State (21 yards) and Ohio State (6) . . . 2003 SEASON: Redshirted . . . selected Scout Team Defensive Player of the Week on three occasions (vs. Louisiana Tech, Minnesota and Penn State) . . . named Scout Team Special Teams Player of the Week vs. Notre Dame . . . HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA: SuperPrep All-American . . . ranked among the nation's top fullbacks by SuperPrep (No. 2) and Rivals.com (No. 5) . . . rated among New York's top 15 players by SuperPrep (No. 4) . . . named to PrepStar's All-Eastern Team . . . three-time all-state and All-Western New York selection . . . named Player of the Year by The Buffalo News and The Post-Journal . . . selected Class D Player of the Year by the New York State Sportswriters Association . . . also presented the Connolly Cup by the Riverside Athletic Club . . . Western New York Player of the Year rushed for 2,161 yards and 28 touchdowns as a senior . . . his 2,161 rushing yards mark the fifth-best singleseason total in Western New York history . . . gained 1,670 yards on 205 carries and scored 33 TDs as a junior . . . produced 256 yards and four rushing TDs vs. Clyde-Savannah in the 2001 Far West Regionals . . . became Western New York's all-time rushing leader with 6,559 career yards . . . his 100 career rushing TDs broke Western New York's scoring record . . . led Clymer (N.Y.) High School to four-straight Section VI Class D championships and four-consecutive appearances in the state final four . . . played for Coach Howard McMullen at Clymer . . . runs 4.41 in the 40 . . . won Class C/D title in the shot put with his throw of 54-8 3/4 . . . son of Bonita Karr and Kevin McChesney . . . born Aug. 6, 1983, in Liberia . . . participated in the "Teams for Toys" program in December 2005, collecting and distributing gifts to needy children in the Lansing area . . . majoring in sociology.

Good find , he is exactly the type of Powerback I would like see in the 4th Quarter for the Falcons,

like we always had before Dunn.

Hopes he turn out like Jacobs for the Gaints

Jehuu Caulcrick, Michigan State

Height: 6-0. Weight: 255.

40 Time: 4.65.

Projected Round: 4.

Should be a great short-yardage back in the NFL. As of Nov. 16, Jehuu Caulcrick has 20 rushing touchdowns on the season. He can catch the ball as well (15 receptions in 2006).

*Four-year varsity starter. Three-time all-state performer. Rushed for 2,138 yards and 26 touchdowns in 2002. Power running back with 4.4 speed.

--------

Caulcrick says he ll be a guest on ESPN2 s First Take on Wednesday in the 10 to 10:30 a.m. time slot.

I actually have us taking Caulcrick in my mock from a few days ago. Him, Brandon McAnderson, Peyton Hillis, and Jerome Felton could all project to HB in the NFL, and I'm not convinced that they all wouldn't have good careers at that position. I'm not sure if any of them are punishing enough blockers to be a FB in the NFL, but HB is another story.

The H.N.I.C. 2! (2/19/2008)
Richard Nixon (2/18/2008)

yea if u read my post, that exactly what i said, He definitly couldnt be a feature back or the starter,

But i think he could be a good situational back on goalline and short yardage situations.

a 255 lb RB running behind a 260 lb FB mughelli, with Blaylock who is 330 lbs and someone like gosder chelrious or carl nicks, who are both well over 300 lbs blocking for them would be hard to stop on 3rd and short and goalline situations when we need 1-2 yards.

No, I'm saying that it's just not worth taking him in any capacity, we don't need meat, we need a real running back, we wouldn't need to use another pick on a tailback.

samuel l jackson (2/18/2008)
papikaika (2/18/2008)
We have that in Mughelli.

No, we have a pass blocker in Mughelli... This kid Caulcrick isn't just a pass blocker, he reminds me a lot of... well no one really, maybe greg jones... A HUGE RB that just plows over people and is pretty quick, will never outrun anybody to the edge but can juke and cut and well just truck forward. I'd easily take him in the 7th and have him, norwood and snelling beast it out.

Ovie is not known as a passblocker. he is known as a run blocker.