the eagles are shopping CB Lito Sheppard

atljbo

Lito Sheppard contract:Signed a five-year, $25 million contract extension through 2011. The deal included a $9 million signing bonus. 2007: $1.5 million, 2008: $2 million, 2009: $3 million, 2010: $3.7 million, 2011: $4.25 million, 2012: Free Agent

Lito is only 26 years old

would you trade for Lito then trade D-Hall

(Dont go crazy....I'm just asking)

Well i live in philly and have heard the exact opposite here.

Also D Hall and Lito are not in the same league. IF the eagles are really shopping them, there is a good reason. CB is a major issue for the eagles so its not like his backup beat him out. If they got rid of Lito, then they are only 1 deep at CB. I really really doubt they make that move. Eagles not big money spenders.

atljbo (2/18/2008)
Lito Sheppard contract:Signed a five-year, $25 million contract extension through 2011. The deal included a $9 million signing bonus. 2007: $1.5 million, 2008: $2 million, 2009: $3 million, 2010: $3.7 million, 2011: $4.25 million, 2012: Free Agent

Lito is only 26 years old

would you trade for Lito then trade D-Hall

No. Hall is already under contract and is not even 25. Plus we have two young DB's, Chris Houston and David Irons. Also Lewis Sanders is gone and that makes a plus for the secondary.

(Dont go crazy....I'm just asking)

**21*Brooklyn Skull*21** (2/18/2008)
It would never work.

Explain why.

He can't explain why. All he does is write a 4 word nay saying sentence and leaves it at that. There is no reasoning to it, other than to be negative towards the falcons and the posters on this board.

215FalconsFanatic (2/18/2008)
Well i live in philly and have heard the exact opposite here.

Also D Hall and Lito are not in the same league. IF the eagles are really shopping them, there is a good reason. CB is a major issue for the eagles so its not like his backup beat him out. If they got rid of Lito, then they are only 1 deep at CB. I really really doubt they make that move. Eagles not big money spenders.

There in lay the reason he's shopping his ware's.

NFL Network and ESPNews both report that the Eagles have given CB Lito Sheppard permission to seek a trade.

A shocker. Sheppard hasn't completed a 16-game season since 2003, but is only 26 and the Birds' best cover corner when healthy. Philadelphia would take a $2.9 million cap hit to move him. The Eagles are not deep at cornerback, so it's unclear how they'd atone for losing the two-time All Pro. They will probably only make a deal if they get a bounty in return.

remember ...lito shut down moss mostly one on one

atljbo (2/18/2008)
NFL Network and ESPNews both report that the Eagles have given CB Lito Sheppard permission to seek a trade.

A shocker. Sheppard hasn't completed a 16-game season since 2003, but is only 26 and the Birds' best cover corner when healthy. Philadelphia would take a $2.9 million cap hit to move him. The Eagles are not deep at cornerback, so it's unclear how they'd atone for losing the two-time All Pro. They will probably only make a deal if they get a bounty in return.

It would be kinda nice to have him and Hall working together.

But I don't see it getting done with all the other areas of need to contend with.

The lines are gonna eat up a chunk of change.

Smashmouth (2/18/2008)
atljbo (2/18/2008)

It would be kinda nice to have him and Hall working together.

But I don't see it getting done with all the other areas of need to contend with.

The lines are gonna eat up a chunk of change.

(give the eagles a second round pick)

the only way its possible is if d-hall will sign for 6 years 42 mil because we have lito and lito does not want a new contract

(give the eagles a second round pick)

the only way its possible is if d-hall will sign for 6 years 42 mil because we have lito and lito does not want a new contract

Who know's maybe Hall would take that for a chance to play with Lito and vice versa.

We'd have Houston and Irons and Stone and Williams to fill things out.

I'd like that ;)

REV.2000 (2/18/2008)
Dalton (2/18/2008)
i would like to have them both in the secondary, i think it could work because they would realise if they got along they would have the best cb tandum in the league.

BUT DALTON, LETS BE REALISTIC ......... CAN WE AFFORD TO PAY THEM BOTH?

i wish.....................possibly. =/////////