Worst case scenario - Falcons lose 2 coin flips - pick #5 overall

g-dawg

McFadden, or Clady would be fine; but, the idea of selecting Ryan scares the heck out of me.

Do you really think if we pick at the #5 pick, DT Glenn Dorsey, DE Chris Long, OT Jake Long, DT Sedrick Ellis, and OT Sam Baker all will be gone? Not to mention one of the teams ahead of might pick a QB like Brian Brohm. If we do pick at five we should still be able to pick up one of the linemen I listed.

The H.N.I.C. 2! (2/18/2008)
Easily, it would be matt ryan.

Mcfadden has some issues as far as charachter, and i personally dont think he'll be as good in the pros.

Clady is not worh a top 5 pick, and with the depth at OT why reach for him

Matt Ryan would be the best left. QB is the most important positon in Football

That's right , and like this post said what would you do if you couldn't trade down , and we just might get in this spot , I would have to take Ryan if this really happened , BC I do think Ryan is the best QB in the draft and we do need one . I think Matt will be a good QB. I really don't want to take a QB with our first that is for sure but If we couldn't trade then I'd have to take him over McFadden .

How can someone take Clady or Ryan here? Clady is a great prospect, but let's be serious, he played in the WAC, I can't honestly mock Jake Long's level of competition, as I have done a great deal and will continue to do, and not look at Clady, who faced an even weaker schedule. Matt Ryan is a bad prospect, he's Charlie Whitehurst with a weaker arm, I would never consider someone with such poor decision-making in college as an immediate starting quarterback. McFadden was amazing in far and away the toughest conference, and he's at a position of as dire need as left tackle or quarterback for us.