'Bama freshman arrested for robbery.

SacFalcFan

'Bama freshman arrested for robbery

Posted: Monday February 18, 2008 12:43PM; Updated: Monday February 18, 2008 12:43PM

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) -- Alabama freshman defensive lineman Jeremy Elder has been arrested and charged with two counts of first-degree robbery.

Elder was arrested Sunday and remained jailed Monday morning on $120,000 bond.

No further information was immediately available on his arrest by university police, which was first reported by The Tuscaloosa News and The Birmingham News. Elder's arrest was included on the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Department's Web site.

A Crimson Tide football spokesman had no immediate comment.

Elder, a 6-foot-3, 271-pounder, was redshirted last season.

Under state law, first-degree robbery involves either a "deadly weapon or dangerous instrument" or someone causing "serious physical injury to another." Both charges are Class A felonies.

I cant believe the choices they are making either..To be in that position in life(playing college football for a major university) is a privilege and too many seem to be taking that position for granted..If he was that hard up for money why not get a job, i know its old fashioned, but dang, work a job. Saban has suspended him from all football activities which i thought was funny because it doesnt matter what saban does or says the judicial system has elder now and he is in for a long jail sentence...

Alabama enters the picture for the Fulmer Cup, awarded annually to the college football team with the most off-season arrests. We have a ways to go if we want to take home the trophy though.

In all seriousness, just a poor, poor decision by this kid -- I half way feel sorry for him because of the opportunity he has likely wasted, but it is hard to feel very sorry for a kid robbing people at gunpoint.

In other news, hearing another player is suspended indefinitely and another player has left the team to pursue other options. The player who I am hearing left of his own accord is RB Roy Upchurch, but that is not confirmed. Upchurch carried the ball behind Terry Grant and Glen Coffee a year ago. Alabama signed three running backs on signing day, most notable Mark Ingram, Jr..

I will not list the name of the player who may be suspended because the reports right now are very sketchy.

CrimsonKat (2/18/2008)
Alabama enters the picture for the Fulmer Cup, awarded annually to the college football team with the most off-season arrests. We have a ways to go if we want to take home the trophy though.

In all seriousness, just a poor, poor decision by this kid -- I half way feel sorry for him because of the opportunity he has likely wasted, but it is hard to feel very sorry for a kid robbing people at gunpoint.

Nah fulmer has that cup this year..  you have 7 arrests and 9 incidents this offseason and it's pretty bad up there in knoxville.  UT fans on national boards were up in arms over how bad it has been.  The fans aren't making any excuses for fulmer this time and I think it's because there is a big portion of their fanbase who want him out.  Regarding bama they got a bunch of guys that need to be gone and saban will weed them out.

SacFalcFan (2/19/2008)
CrimsonKat (2/18/2008)

Nah fulmer has that cup this year.. you have 7 arrests and 9 incidents this offseason and it's pretty bad up there in knoxville. UT fans on national boards were up in arms over how bad it has been. The fans aren't making any excuses for fulmer this time and I think it's because there is a big portion of their fanbase who want him out. Regarding bama they got a bunch of guys that need to be gone and saban will weed them out.

Yep, as expected, getting to the 85 will not be a problem for Alabama this off-season.

CrimsonKat (2/18/2008)

Crimson, what's your e-mail address, I have some info I want to share with you.