NEW TIGHT END????

jonahfalcon

jonahfalcon (2/18/2008)
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=17440

6'8" 271 4.68 forty ....

COTTAMBRAD200-1-082607.JPG

Brad Cottam

It's gonna be interesting to see who the Falcons draft. Looking at the link you posted if stats are true then he sounds like a very good player. Someone who has flew under the radar so to speak.

But I will tell you right now "Him being a former Vol is a minus sign from me" to begin with! If he ends up on the Falcons I will pull for him though.

GO UGA DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!! AND GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grendel (2/18/2008)
freeze1st (2/18/2008)
jonahfalcon (2/18/2008)

6'8" 271 4.68 forty ....

Brad Cottam

It's gonna be interesting to see who the Falcons draft. Looking at the link you posted if stats are true then he sounds like a very good player. Someone who has flew under the radar so to speak.

But I will tell you right now "Him being a former Vol is a minus sign from me" to begin with! If he ends up on the Falcons I will pull for him though.

He's not under the radar... not sure if someone 6'7" can fit under the radar ;)

He had a good week at the Senior Bowl and he'll probably be a late 3rd round pick, hopefully to us.

I don't put too much stock in the Senior Bowl, it's like the pro bowl, I mean these players aren't gonna risk injury knowing they have multi-million dollar contracts awaiting them. He wasn't on a team that won a national championship and I never heard his name MUCH before you posted the link to his stats. Let me put it this way, "He sounds like a player that is underrated" : That's what I mean by saying he flew under the radar. To put it a better way.

I get that Mularkey's system isnt heavy on the TE but if he doesnt give it the proper due he could have issues getting this offense to click. It is integral to give your young QBs (which is what we eventually will rely on) a safety valve at TE. By not using the TE properly we could be setting up a QB to fail.

dchi194 (2/18/2008)
I get that Mularkey's system isnt heavy on the TE but if he doesnt give it the proper due he could have issues getting this offense to click. It is integral to give your young QBs (which is what we eventually will rely on) a safety valve at TE. By not using the TE properly we could be setting up a QB to fail.

You know I saw San Diego and the Giants lose their Pro-Bowl TE's in the later part of the season and post season and THE PASSING GAME got better. Even with not stellar wide outs. Teams are getting better D on the pass catching TE's and the offenses is employing more wideouts instead.

Was not on a team that played in a national championship? Since when is that draft criteria?

By your reckoning, you would pass on Jerry Rice, Mean Joe Green, Unitas, Starr, Favre, Brady, every QB in this draft, Sedrick Ellis, and 99% of the rest of this years draft. And the list goes on forever. Poor thought process to be sure

freeze1st (2/18/2008)
grendel (2/18/2008)
freeze1st (2/18/2008)
jonahfalcon (2/18/2008)

6'8" 271 4.68 forty ....

Brad Cottam

He's not under the radar... not sure if someone 6'7" can fit under the radar ;)

He had a good week at the Senior Bowl and he'll probably be a late 3rd round pick, hopefully to us.

I don't put too much stock in the Senior Bowl, it's like the pro bowl, I mean these players aren't gonna risk injury knowing they have multi-million dollar contracts awaiting them. He wasn't on a team that won a national championship and I never heard his name MUCH before you posted the link to his stats. Let me put it this way, "He sounds like a player that is underrated" : That's what I mean by saying he flew under the radar. To put it a better way.

Now it is said that not much is looked at from the SR B, but when Woodson was the topic it meant everything.

When did being on a national championship tells how good you are.

You never heard of him because you don't watch games , you just read media reports and see it a certain way .