Blank Has Done More This Team

IonSen88 (2/18/2008)
formul8or (2/18/2008)
statz (2/18/2008)
He changed the jerseys.

The logo and jersey change is about it. And the Dome is much nicer...but otherwise?

Spend a ton of money. Alot more than the Smiths would ever dream of spending on our franchise/team.

and that worked out well for us.

falkonX7 (2/18/2008)
IonSen88 (2/18/2008)
formul8or (2/18/2008)
statz (2/18/2008)
He changed the jerseys.

The logo and jersey change is about it. And the Dome is much nicer...but otherwise?

Spend a ton of money. Alot more than the Smiths would ever dream of spending on our franchise/team.

Very well

falkonX7 (2/18/2008)

Because Blank is supposed to play too.

Arthur has held up his end of the bargain. He signs the checks, he spends the money, he listens to the fans, he even brought us a Falcons-only channel (that the NFL took down). Our suckage has nothing to do with Arthur Blank. It has to do with back-stabbing coaches, overrated players, and an adjustment period from a thin offensive line to a power offensive line [plus alot more]. :hehe:

This is a rant I put in another Blank-bashing thread. I think I'm just going to copy & paste it into all the new ones that come up every hour. Have a nice day! :)

I swear, I don't think some of ya'll cold survive w/out spewing daily venom about this team.

I have no problem w/people questioning Blank, as he HAS given us reason to question some of his moves. The manner in which some of you go about it is another story. "What has he done for this franchise besides pushing MV in a wheelchair..." puh-leez. Now feel free to correct me if I have any of this stuff wrong, but didn't McKay have more to do w/hiring Quitrino, and Blank had more to do w/hiring Mora? (at least according to many on this board) So who had the better tenure as a coach? And I honestly don't know if he had anything to do w/MV being here or not. Some conspiracy theorists seem to think so. Either way, how did that turn out for us, huh? If you are/were a fan of YKW, then why complain about trying to keep the guy happy here for a looooooong time if you really believed he was going to lead us to a SB? If anything, ya'll should be b*tchin more about McKay and anyone else who had say in personnel matters, not Blank. I got no problem w/Blank marketing anybody on this team whether it's MV, MBoley, KBrooking, or DHall. Blank is in this business to make money! I'm sick to death of hearing MV referred to as Blank's "cash cow." You want to lay some blame on our recent losses, then how about laying some of it where it belongs, instead of trying to put ALL of it on Blank! Ya'll try to act like he's supposed to be some Ms. Cleo or something when your Nostradumas.ses didn't have any way of knowing how that was going to turn out either. Tell ya what... why don't you all pool your money and see if you can scrape up enough to buy a spot at the waterboy table. Then you can start exercising your oh-so-wise influence gradually from the sidelines. And by the time you've convinced all the coaches that your dadgum geniuses, it won't take long for you to make your meteoric rise to the FO where you can then take this shambles of a team and turn it around in one season, go 19-0, and create a true dynasty. By then, you should be able to afford to buy the team from Blank, and voila - problem solved! Until then, I really wish you'd all just STFU!

As much "harm" as some of you seem to think he's caused this franchise, it's just hard for me to understand why you refuse to see any of the good. Blinders, maybe? Hate will do that to a person. What's so hard about recognizing the good he's tried to do as of late, especially at the end of this past season? And your Falcons fans, for God's sake! You would think it would be easier for you to sit through a couple of losing seasons and give this new regime a freakin' chance to turn it around before you all start grading them an "F"! Oh wait. Oxymoron. You're Falcons fans... my bad.

I know this. I'm 100x happier w/Blank as an owner than I would be w/Al Davis or Snyder. Davis has a history of being a bumbling owner. Blank has a recent history of getting screwed by snakes and idiots. I for one tend to think that he's finally coming around, and can't wait for his new staff to show that they can build a winner here in Atlanta.

IonSen88 (2/18/2008)
. Our suckage has nothing to do with Arthur Blank.

Judging by your avatar, I can tell you have been drinking the Blank kool-aid. Our suckage has nothing to do with Blank? That's laughable. Who do you think fired Reeves? Employed Mckay? Employed Mora? Who's the reason for 4 head coaches in 7 years? Who's the reason for not getting top rated players like Randy Moss? Who's the one always on the sideline meddling? Yea, Blank had nothing to do with our suckage. :hehe:

statz (2/18/2008)
Judging by your avatar, I can tell you have been drinking the Blank kool-aid. Our suckage has nothing to do with Blank? That's laughable. Who do you think fired Reeves? Employed Mckay? Employed Mora? Who's the reason for 4 head coaches in 7 years? Who's the reason for not getting top rated players like Randy Moss? Who's the one always on the sideline meddling? Yea, Blank had nothing to do with our suckage. :hehe:

Reeves, Mora, Petrino are the reasons for 4 head coaches in 7 years. One cannot shut up on radio, the other couldn't win, and the other couldn't commit.

Blank wasn't alone in the organization with notion of not going after Moss.

Jerry Jones wasn't on the sideline when Dallas won Super Bowls?

Bottomline, Mora (or Alex Gibbs) implemented a weak offensive line, we can't run, we can't stop the run, we had too many distractions, no coach after week 14, and we're in a transition process. We were good in 2004 with Mora employed, McKay as our GM, without Randy Moss, and with Blank on the sidelines. These things only became an 'issue' after 2006 because we need someone to blame besides the players. :hehe: Yeah, why not blame the guy with the suit and tie, the million bucks, and an innocent stroll up the sideline that he pays for.

Blank is the best owner we've ever had and is not the reason we cannot get into the playoffs.

IonSen88 (2/18/2008)
statz (2/18/2008)

Reeves, Mora, Petrino are the reasons for 4 head coaches in 7 years. One cannot shut up on radio, the other couldn't win, and the other couldn't commit.

Blank wasn't alone in the organization with notion of not going after Moss.

Jerry Jones wasn't on the sideline when Dallas won Super Bowls?

Bottomline, Mora (or Alex Gibbs) implemented a weak offensive line, we had too many distractions, no coach after week 14, and we're in a transition process. We were good in 2004 with Mora employed, McKay as our GM, without Randy Moss, and with Blank on the sidelines. These things only became an 'issue' after 2006 because we need someone to blame besides the players. :hehe: Yeah, why not blame the guy with the suit and tie, the million bucks, and an innocent stroll up the sideline that he pays for.

Blank is the best owner we've ever had and is not the reason we cannot get into the playoffs.

So it's Reeves fault that his star player got hurt and Arthur used it as an excuse to fire him? I guess it's Reeves fault for Blank not listening to him when he said it would set the progression of Vick back. Is it Mora fault for Blank passing Lovie Smith because Mora had more enthusiasm? Petrino has been jetting for 20 + years. Everyone seen it coming, except Blank and McKay. In 2004, we won in a relative weak NFC. And Kansas City proved we weren't that good. Arthur has made mistake after mistake and still hasn't learned. He tries the something and expects different results.

statz (2/18/2008)
So it's Reeves fault that his star player got hurt and Arthur used it as an excuse to fire him? I guess it's Reeves fault for Blank not listening to him when he said it would set the progression of Vick back. Is it Mora fault for Blank passing Lovie Smith because Mora had more enthusiasm? Petrino has been jetting for 20 + years. Everyone seen it coming, except Blank and McKay. In 2004, we won in a relative weak NFC. And Kansas City proved we weren't that good. Arthur has made mistake after mistake and still hasn't learned. He tries the something and expects different results.

That's not why Reeves was fired and Blank never used it as the excuse for firing Dan. Our defense was dead last, alot of fans turned up the heat, and Reeves didn't compile many winning seasons while he was here. Hindsight is 20/20; fact is, Mora had been in the NFL alot longer than Lovie and Jim is a good enough coach to take over a team that's won 4 straight division championships in Seattle. Petrino is just an #####.

How can you honestly say a team that was 11-3, wasted their last 2 games, and destroyed their playoff opponent 47-17 wasn't good? Kansas City didn't prove a thing besides they were the better team that day. The 2006 Super Bowl Champions got bounced by Jacksonville 44-17; the 2007 SuperBowl Champions got trounced 41-17, and so on. Even great teams get their heads smashed in. We were a good team then but things just unraveled.

There are alot of fans that wished Arthur Blank was their owner, we're just ungrateful. Blank has done nothing but bring this team to a higher state of class and respectability. We were a JOKE under the Smiths year-in-and-year-out!!

IonSen88 (2/18/2008)There are alot of fans that wished Arthur Blank was their owner, we're just ungrateful. Blank has done nothing but bring this team to a higher state of class and respectability. We were a JOKE under the Smiths year-in-and-year-out!!
I'm not disagreeing with the Reeking Smiths but Blank as brought "respectability"? You mean with the Vick contract and Petrino hire?

red2play (2/18/2008)
IonSen88 (2/18/2008)There are alot of fans that wished Arthur Blank was their owner, we're just ungrateful. Blank has done nothing but bring this team to a higher state of class and respectability. We were a JOKE under the Smiths year-in-and-year-out!!
I'm not disagreeing with the Reeking Smiths but Blank as brought "respectability"? You mean with the Vick contract and Petrino hire?
SURE