Who is Joey Harrington ??

Bring It

Joey Harrington is not unlike hundreds..........yes hundreds of very good college QB's who end up with mediocre or worse NFL teams, with even worse coaching, who will never have the chance to excell in the NFL. Only a few do. The NFL QB's that come out of nowhere, with no college history of greatness are BLESSED with a great supporting cast..........players and coaches.

This story never changes.

formul8or (2/18/2008)
I think if Joey didn't play for such a crappy team early on he'd be a much better leader. He is a great speaker, but I think players don't rally behind him because of his history.

He makes decent decisions and few mistakes though, too bad he's already ruined.

I agree. I guess I want to see him succeed because he IS such a decent guy. You never know what may happen this year.

oregonsfan (2/18/2008)
IMO, there is little doubt that Harrington is the poster child for what happens when you throw a rookie in as starting QB on a team (in this case, the Lions) that gives a whole new meaning to the word dysfunctional, then place the entire failure of that team on him.

How about a whole new meaning to the phrase "throwing him to the Lions" ???

.IMO, there is little doubt that Harrington is the poster child for what happens when you throw a rookie in as starting QB on a team (in this case, the Lions) that gives a whole new meaning to the word dysfunctional, then place the entire failure of that team on him.

IMO, there is little doubt that Harrington is the poster child for what happens when you throw a rookie in as starting QB on a team (in this case, the Lions) that gives a whole new meaning to the word dysfunctional, then place the entire failure of that team on him.

Agreed.

Bring It (2/18/2008)
oregonsfan (2/18/2008)

That works. :D

Similar story to Tim Couch, except Couch at least got to stay with his pathetic team long enough to call it a career. Most folks in Cleveland still love -- or at least respect -- Couch, because he really tried his best while laboring behind a horrible O-line and getting hammered week after week. Unfortunately, for most NFL critics Couch has a bad rap because he never had the chance to win. Oh, well. That's part of the game too...

SomeOtherGuy (2/18/2008)
Similar story to Tim Couch, except Couch at least got to stay with his pathetic team long enough to call it a career. Most folks in Cleveland still love -- or at least respect -- Couch, because he really tried his best while laboring behind a horrible O-line and getting hammered week after week. Unfortunately, for most NFL critics Couch has a bad rap because he never had the chance to win. Oh, well. That's part of the game too...

...........and, you could add another 150 QB's names to the list from teams over the past 20-30 years !! It never ends. The NFL has proven to be a graveyard to very good college QB's.

Bring It (2/18/2008)
oregonsfan (2/18/2008)

ROFLMAO

outlaw87 (2/18/2008)
We bought him here as a back up but with what happened, he got thrown in and was called on to be a leader.

True enough. He wasn't brought in to lead the team - just to provide a serviceable backup to Vick, which was a smart move considering his style of play. I think he would have excelled at that position - not having any pressure or responsibilities. It's too bad things worked out the way that they did, but he isn't by any means the only person dealing with a bad situation here...

There's a reason the same teams stay towards the top and bottom of the nFL each season. The better teams draft lower, and therefore don't owe MILLIONS in guaranteed $ to rookies who turn out to be busts 50% of the time. The better teams get decent players at affordable prices and don't expect the guys to come in and work miracles as rookies, if they play at all!

harrington did what he was asked that was manage the game, its not his fault Petrino couldn t make up his mind who he wanted to start and was a coward for leaving half way through the season. goes to show you he had no clue how to coach an nfl team good luck recruiting people to Ark i m sure they will want to play for a quiter. you tell me if we hadn t had 12 players on IR and we had 3 or 4 more wins harrington would have been the answer to the whole vick thing. he is not an all pro but he decent qb if he had a supporting cast.

Joey came into the league with mega hype and turned into arguably the biggest QB bust since Ryan Leaf. Six years of mediocre to poor play has this guy in the position he's in now. He's a nice guy and is well-spoken, but a lousy QB. That is not enough for this guy to be holding a roster spot on my beloved Falcons. Hopefully this mistake gets corrected after the draft.