12 Undeniable Truths - 2008 offseason version

Rev_Hal

1. No matter what certain people post on this board, Keith Brooking is one of the best linebackers to ever play for this franchise. Period.

2. Vick will never play another snap for this team.

3. This team had holes with Vick here, and had holes without Vick here. Vick was not the only reason the team has regressed in the past 3 seasons.

4. Vick WAS part of the problem. His play regressed since the last playoff season. Anyone who argues otherwise is either in denial, delusional, has another agenda, or ego driven.

5. Crumpler, while a great player, was often injured, and was not going to fit in Mularkey's system. The TE is a blocker and not a weapon in his system, and Crump was not a fit.

6. DJ Shockley will never in 100 years be a starting QB in the NFL. Georgia fans need to get a grip on reality.

7. The Falcons do not have a single starting quality QB on the roster. The Falcons will have a new QB in the first 2 picks of the draft.

8. The Falcons do not have a single starting quality running back on the roster. Dunn is past his prime and Norwood is injury prone. We have to draft or sign another back. Period.

9. The Falcons need 4 new OL. Justin Blalock is the only starter that should return.

10. Blank has finally turned his team over to football people. If Blank was running this team still, he would not have allowed the popular Crump to be cut. We finally have football people running this football organization. And still, people here want to complain.

11. The year is 2008. If you are still arguing over what happened in past years, then find another board to do it on. This franchise has had enough negativity, and if you are one of the complainers, then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Do your favorite team a favor and either shut up or leave.

12. With today's technology, we should have a spell checker on this message board.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rev_hal (2/18/2008)
1. No matter what certain people post on this board, Keith Brooking is one of the best linebackers to ever play for this franchise. Period.

2. Vick will never play another snap for this team.

3. This team had holes with Vick here, and had holes without Vick here. Vick was not the only reason the team has regressed in the past 3 seasons.

4. His play regressed since the last playoff season. Anyone who argues otherwise is either in denial, delusional, has another agenda, or ego driven.

5. Crumpler, while a great player, was often injured, and was not going to fit in Mularkey's system. The TE is a blocker and not a weapon in his system, and Crump was not a fit.

6. DJ Shockley will never in 100 years be a starting QB in the NFL. Georgia fans need to get a grip on reality.

7. The Falcons do not have a single starting quality QB on the roster. The Falcons will have a new QB in the first 2 picks of the draft.

8. The Falcons do not have a single starting quality running back on the roster. Dunn is past his primeand Norwood is injury prone. We have to draft or sign another back. Period.

9. The Falcons need 4 new OL. Justin Blalock is the only starter that should return.

10. Blank has finally turned his team over to football people. If Blank was running this team still, he would not have allowed the popular Crump to be cut. We finally have football people running this football organization. And still, people here want to complain.

11. The year is 2008. If you are still arguing over what happened in past years, then find another board to do it on. This franchise has had enough negativity, and if you are one of the complainers, then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! Do your favorite team a favor and either shut up or leave.

12. With today's technology, we should have a spell checker on this message board.

Well, these are not truths...just opinions.

But I am not sure I agree with #6....and no, I am not a UGA homer (I have no favorite college team). I don't think we really know what Shockley can do, until given the chance.

Also, not sure I agree with #9. I believe McClure is solid enough and Forney can do a good job if he puts his mind to it. Maybe the new coaching staff will get the best out of their players....that is their job to do so.

2smooth4ya (2/18/2008)
Number 4 is not the truth as Vick numbers in 2004 were worst statistically than '05 and '06.

You can look at stats all day long but if you look at his PLAY (his decision making, timing and so forth) you can see what others have said. And that is he regressed and my guess is a lot of it had to do with maturity issues and a poor work ethic (not staying late to study, etc).

Vick definitely did not regress in his past two season. He had his best year running and throwing TD wise in '06. HE also did that with receivers who were dropping a lot more than Price and Finneran.

And Norwood could be a starter runningback. A lot of runningbacks would be limping if their ankle got rolled up like his.

You can look at stats all day long but if you look at his PLAY (his decision making, timing and so forth) you can see what others have said. And that is he regressed and my guess is a lot of it had to do with maturity issues and a poor work ethic (not staying late to study, etc).

His play on the field didn't regress and you only have the stats to display such. Leave the off-the-field antics out of this discussion here.

Anytime Vick haters talk about him not being a very good QB, they always brought up his completion percentage and QB rating.

Please stop playing selective when it doesn't fit your arguement.

My $.02:

- 7. The Falcons do not have a single starting quality QB on the roster. The Falcons will have a new QB in the first 2 picks of the draft.

I'm not too sure about that. I agree that Redman is not the answer, but he may be our guy in 2008. He's good enough and smart enough to manage the team and run the offense. I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB taken later in the draft. The team needs more immediate help elsewhere.

Come on, Rev.; in 100 years, he'll be way too old to play. Even I know that!! :P

His play on the field didn't regress and you only have the stats to display such. Leave the off-the-field antics out of this discussion here. Anytime Vick haters talk about him not being a very good QB, they always brought up his completion percentage and QB rating. Please stop playing selective when it doesn't fit your arguement.

When the Falcons got their A$$es kicked by the then horrible Packers, only to have MV then state that he didn't really try his best, it was over.

2smooth4ya (2/18/2008)

His play on the field didn't regress and you only have the stats to display such. Leave the off-the-field antics out of this discussion here.

Anytime Vick haters talk about him not being a very good QB, they always brought up his completion percentage and QB rating.

Please stop playing selective when it doesn't fit your arguement.

Here we go again....the whole "hater" word getting thrown around. Do you have anything else or is this just your default when you have nothing else?

You might want to read my post again. Where did I say anything about his completion % or his QB rating? Those are certainly part of the equation but not all.

Also, where did I mention his off the field antics? Fact is, I didn't. What I DID mention was his poor work ethic and his maturity issues....both of which have to do with his play on the field.

bozoatl (2/18/2008)
His play on the field didn't regress and you only have the stats to display such. Leave the off-the-field antics out of this discussion here. Anytime Vick haters talk about him not being a very good QB, they always brought up his completion percentage and QB rating. Please stop playing selective when it doesn't fit your arguement.

When the Falcons got their A$$es kicked by the then horrible Packers, only to have MV then state that he didn't really try his best, it was over.

You forgot to mention the Panthers game as well. There have been many things that have happened with Vick, not just one or two. How someone can defend him is just amazing to me. We all know why some will defend Vick no matter what and we also know why some hate Vick, no matter what. The hard thing is seeing between all the agenda's.

When the Falcons got their A$$es kicked by the then horrible Packers, only to have MV then state that he didn't really try his best, it was over

It wasn't the Packer game Vick didn't try his best.

In that game, our defense couldn't stop an inside slant and a 3rd string RB named Gado, who had a "career day". Just like Panthers didn't have a 100yrd rushing game until they played us in the late part of the season in '05.

Vick stated he didn't give his all in regards to the last game of the year against Carolina when it was official that we were not going to make the playoffs. It's funny how much people hump of Vick for telling the truth, even though, he started the game perfect, completing passes and such until the game got out of hand as Carolina kept scoring on us.

rev_hal (2/18/2008)
birdweiserrr (2/18/2008)
I respect your post Rev, but most of your points are far from "undeniable truths". "Undeniably your opinions", no doubt. ;)

Nope. I stand by what I posted. #9 is iffy, but the rest are truths.

Number 9 is VERY iffy.

Edit: I meant number 8. Norwood has done fantastic given the limited carries he gets. Let's see how he does starting instead of spending a high draft pick on a RB.

2smooth4ya (2/18/2008)

Vick stated he didn't give his all in regards to the last game of the year against Carolina when it was official that we were not going to make the playoffs. It's funny how much people hump of Vick for telling the truth, even though, he started the game perfect, completing passes and such until the game got out of hand as Carolina kept scoring on us.

The funny thing is watching you defend a player say that he didn't give it his all. Somehow, you respect him for telling the truth instead of blasting his ##### for getting paid millions to "not give his all". THAT is what is amazing.

Here we go again....the whole "hater" word getting thrown around. Do you have anything else or is this just your default when you have nothing else?

You might want to read my post again. Where did I say anything about his completion % or his QB rating? Those are certainly part of the equation but not all.

Also, where did I mention his off the field antics? Fact is, I didn't. What I DID mention was his poor work ethic and his maturity issues....both of which have to do with his play on the field.

You mean like "his play" , in the game against the Saints, when our WRs kept dropping passes and Vick took upon his self(with his "regressing" skills) to use his skills where he didn't have to depend on anyone catching passes? Unless you sat your behind at all the practices, weight training, and conditioning, you have no absolute proof of his work ethic. In fact, in regards to his "maturity" his career games passing wise came in '06. If you are referring to his "maturity" from a mental aspect of the game, then how can Vick "stats"(there goes that word again) indicate that he was making strides as a passer?

His "stats" are the only thing you can judge his "maturity" as a QB on. Either he regressed "statistically" or not.

As for his work ethic, you take "rumors" or hearsay from a couple of players, who might have an agenda against Vick, as a pure FACT with no actual evidence.

And for the record, I didn't call you a hater. I stated that "Vick haters" uses his stats to judge him as a QB. You just claim that title on your own so apparently you may feel that you are one.

It wasn't the Packer game Vick didn't try his best.

Yes, it was that Packers game. But the fact that you want to correct that is laughable. You're basically saying that because the CAR game didn't mean anything in the standings, it was okay for MV to mail it in.............and still cash that fat check.

rev_hal (2/18/2008)

4. His play regressed since the last playoff season. Anyone who argues otherwise is either in denial, delusional, has another agenda, or ego driven.

1. Keith WAS an excellent LB but he isn't Jessie Tuggle. Not even in the same league.

4. No he wasn't. He didn't have a team around him. Period. I'm not saying I want him back but to say he was the problem ... your the one in denial.

5. You build and change your philsophy's. Crump was a WR that presented problems and mismatches. Cutting him was stupid.

6. Dude! Where's your crystal ball?

7. Give DJ Shockley a chance .. duh!

9. The Jury's out on Blaylock.

The funny thing is watching you defend a player say that he didn't give it his all. Somehow, you respect him for telling the truth instead of blasting his ##### for getting paid millions to "not give his all". THAT is what is amazing.

Well, he didn't have to tell the truth neither, don't you think? I believe that it takes a lot of guts for someone of his calibur to say such, especially when a lot of you claimed that he was so "full of himself". People who are full of themselves wouldn't blast themselves out of national TV like that, too bad it was fuel for some of you to "hate" more eh? If you watch the beginning of that game, Vick was putting up so real good numbers so I didn't see the slack nor did anyone else. In fact, most of the other players "LOOKED" like they mailed it end with their play but you don't blast their a55es though. Picture that.

And why bring up that he get paid millions? You think because you are a fan that you have "juridictions" of players on your favorite team? I guess I don't understand how you all can become so "personal" with someone you only see for entertainment. Like you really have "ties" or something. :hehe:

Now that's amazing.