ARE YOU READY FOR THE COIN TOSS?

magnus23

scott hartley (2/18/2008)
what day are they actually flipping? it's this week right?

It is definitely this week. Combine begins Wednesday and i believe lasts through the weekend. I recall our Mod posting something a while back saying he was going to keep us informed when he found out when it was going to be. Hopefully they will go ahead and do it Wednesday.

woodstockfan (2/18/2008)
scott hartley (2/18/2008)
what day are they actually flipping? it's this week right?

It is definitely this week. Combine begins Wednesday and i believe lasts through the weekend. I recall our Mod posting something a while back saying he was going to keep us informed when he found out when it was going to be. Hopefully they will go ahead and do it Wednesday.

thanks

nevesmetro (2/18/2008)
Strange one this, because we could take J Long, Ellis, Dorsey, DMC, Ryan or trade down I have no idea where I want us to pick :unsure:

How sick would it be to get the 3rd, trade down for 2 firsts maybe from the cowboys, trade a 1st and a second to move up a little if we have to, to get Ellis, and got Mendenhall with out 2nd first round pick! (Dreams)

formul8or (2/18/2008)
Everyone thinks we will get 3rd or 5th so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 4th.

To reference the picture, I wonder how far that coin will travel to decide this.

Well, nobody really knows but you may be right . That would be better than 5th . And yes I do think they make the flip on Wed and get it over with , I think that is when that fliped last year.

Winners Win (2/18/2008)
nevesmetro (2/18/2008)
Strange one this, because we could take J Long, Ellis, Dorsey, DMC, Ryan or trade down I have no idea where I want us to pick :unsure:

How sick would it be to get the 3rd, trade down for 2 firsts maybe from the cowboys, trade a 1st and a second to move up a little if we have to, to get Ellis, and got Mendenhall with out 2nd first round pick! (Dreams)

Well if we're dreaming :) I'd like to get the 3rd pick, get the Jets to fall in love with DMC and get them to make a move because they are worried about the Raiders taking him at 4 or the Cowboys making a move, take their 6th and 36th pick. Draft Ellis at 6 and take the Jets 2nd and Houston's 2nd to move up to 18-20ish to get Brohm and then take the top OT at 37. Not all dreams are the same but this is mine.

nevesmetro (2/18/2008)
Winners Win (2/18/2008)
nevesmetro (2/18/2008)

Well if we're dreaming :) I'd like to get the 3rd pick, get the Jets to fall in love with DMC and get them to make a move because they are worried about the Raiders taking him at 4 or the Cowboys making a move, take their 6th and 36th pick. Draft Ellis at 6 and take the Jets 2nd and Houston's 2nd to move up to 18-20ish to get Brohm and then take the top OT at 37. Not all dreams are the same but this is mine.

Theres a problem with this. Brian Brohm with not fall down to the 18 pick. Bears will draft him. If not the Panters will.

I don't get "not caring" about winning the flip - I definitely want the 3rd pick. We either get what we want, or we have some flexibility to trade down if someone is in lover with a player. A lot of people are speculating about teams trading up to get McFadden, but there are certainly a few teams that might want to trade up for Ryan as well. I think the Bears certainly fall into that category. They need an OL, but they are struggling for a QB as well, and have been for years. The Ravens might be an even better option since they have an OL and are really only in the draft position they are due to injuries. I could see the Falcons swapping 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder from the Ravens.

UGA_DAWG46 (2/18/2008)
nevesmetro (2/18/2008)
Winners Win (2/18/2008)
nevesmetro (2/18/2008)

Theres a problem with this. Brian Brohm with not fall down to the 18 pick. Bears will draft him. If not the Panters will.

There's never any problems in dreams :D

The position doesn't matter THAT much. There are five prospects that look good. Dorsey, Ellis, Long or McFadden (not so high on Chris Long or McFadden but they would be good choices but not excellent choices of Dorsey and Ellis) or even Rasheed if none of the others are available.