Author Blank

mcride

Ok, I am getting tired of so called fans saying that Blank is ruining the Falcons. First of all, give me one owner that has had to go through what he has had to go through in the last year. You put the blame on Blank, but the one that really needs to be blamed is the one sitting in prison. Vick put us in this position. You people will stand behind a convicted Felon, before you will support our owner, who has done nothing but trying to bring us a championship. You people act like you know what is going on in Flowery Branch , and truth be told you only know what the media tells us. As a true Falcon Fan, I am behind Blank 100%.:cool:

While I don't get my jollies off on bashing A. Blank, I am not going to spoon with the man either.

I am a Falcons fan. I support ownership, but not blindly. I will be a falcons fan regardless of if Mr. Blank is the owner or not. Having said that, I am glad that at least Blank does care about this team. That is at least step one down the path of putting together a good team that our city can be proud of.

bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
tom Baldwin (2/17/2008)
Name me one smart move Blank has made concerning this team.

he cut ticket prices in half so that the dome would sell out. i believe he did that when he first took over. i may be wrong though. i think i read it on wikipedia or somewhere.

The dome was going to sellout regardless because of Vick.

tom Baldwin (2/17/2008)

Named Emmitt Thomas interim head coach, 2007, and Asst. HC 2008. Smart man, that Blank. I like all the hirings, and to his credit, he did go after your big names guys, they just didn't want to dance w/this duckling. Built a state of the art facility for his employees to use and enjoy ever day. I'm sure I'll think of more tomorrow, but I gotta crash.

Blank is slowly but surely running this team into the ground. I'm just not to much of a mindless sheep to realize it. If you're a fan of this team, you have the god-given right to question every move that this team makes. Don't just except it and complain a few years when it doesn't work out. 7 years in and Blank hasn't got it right yet. He deserves every bit of the heat he's catching.

Tetsujin-28 (2/18/2008)
Blank is slowly but surely running this team into the ground. I'm just not to much of a mindless sheep to realize it. If you're a fan of this team, you have the god-given right to question every move that this team makes. Don't just except it and complain a few years when it doesn't work out. 7 years in and Blank hasn't got it right yet. He deserves every bit of the heat he's catching.

This team was above the ground?! :w00t:

256-378-6 in 41 year lifetime record of the franchise.

6-8 in the playoffs.

Yeah... BLANK is "slowly but surely" running this team into the ground. :laugh:

Carter (2/18/2008)
Tetsujin-28 (2/18/2008)

This team was above the ground?! :w00t:

256-378-6 in 41 year lifetime record of the franchise.

6-8 in the playoffs.

Yeah... BLANK is "slowly but surely" running this team into the ground. :laugh:

Ok. He continuing the losing tradition. How's that?

Tetsujin-28 (2/18/2008)

It doesn't make me feel better, but at least it's accurate. :P

At least he's trying... and I can be happy with that at this point. I don't support every single move he makes, I just recognize that he's trying so I don't vent all my frustration with our failures on him.

bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
tom Baldwin (2/17/2008)

he cut ticket prices in half so that the dome would sell out. i believe he did that when he first took over. i may be wrong though. i think i read it on wikipedia or somewhere.

yea, you are wrong...Blank raised the ticket prices of the long time loyal season ticket holders. he used the extra revenue so he could reduced tickets in different sections to get 2nd and 3rd rate fans to buy into his 3rd rate team.

Carter (2/18/2008)
Tetsujin-28 (2/18/2008)

It doesn't make me feel better, but at least it's accurate. :P

At least he's trying... and I can be happy with that at this point. I don't support every single move he makes, I just recognize that he's trying so I don't vent all my frustration with our failures on him.

He gets and "A" for effort and a "F" for execution.:P

uup115 (2/18/2008)
bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
tom Baldwin (2/17/2008)

yea, you are wrong...Blank raised the ticket prices of the long time loyal season ticket holders. he used the extra revenue so he could reduced tickets in different sections to get 2nd and 3rd rate fans to buy into his 3rd rate team.

You people kill me..........if he handed out $100 bills as you left the game each week, you would complain because it wasnt a brand new bill.

Show me one Owner or GM that has made every move perfectly and without failure at some point in time.

Tetsujin-28 (2/18/2008)

While I disagree with you, I would just like to say thank you for reducing your signature down to a more manageable size, Tetsujin. I like the Falcon logo. :)

I am a Falcon fan. Been so since '66 and it does not make a, d*** who is the owner. To me it is just about the team.

That being said while I have not liked many of his decisions, ( the handling of Dan Reeves, not forcing Mora to fire Knapp, Gibbs, and Donatello), I would still take him over Rankin and Taylor Smith anyday.

Arthur Blank wants to win and at time he gets overly excited. I would take that over a owner that fired his most successful coach and later the GM, for hitting a plateau. Yes Arthur Blank fired Dan Reeves and while I liked Reeves as coach he was no GM. Far Mora Jr, two seasons of imploding at the end the year, and Huskie-gate led to his firing.

It is all about the team, either you like them or not, no matter who is the owner, GM, HC, or coordinators/assistants.