Who Should We Pick Up???

bossFALCON™

I can't really get into naming names here- like you said- its early still.

I think the common theme that should be held in high regard for any FA signing that this team makes is a desire to work hard and build. If a guy is in the twilight of his career- ie Faneca- and looking to get one last good payday before retiring, I dont think we should pursue guys like that. Young and hungry. Try to find guys with talent that are buried on depth charts throughout the league. Guys that really want to play and help create the base for a franchise that will hopefully finally become successful.

One more thing- no more little guys. Tired of being undersized. I know there are exceptions to this rule - like Emmitt and Faulk- but little guys get worn down during a game and during a season faster than big guys do. This team needs to be BIG and just physically control their opponents. Thats the only way to guarantee yourself a chance to win every game.

wauchope (2/17/2008)
I can't really get into naming names here- like you said- its early still.

I think the common theme that should be held in high regard for any FA signing that this team makes is a desire to work hard and build. If a guy is in the twilight of his career- ie Faneca- and looking to get one last good payday before retiring, I dont think we should pursue guys like that. Young and hungry. Try to find guys with talent that are buried on depth charts throughout the league. Guys that really want to play and help create the base for a franchise that will hopefully finally become successful.

One more thing- no more little guys. Tired of being undersized. I know there are exceptions to this rule - like Emmitt and Faulk- but little guys get worn down during a game and during a season faster than big guys do. This team needs to be BIG and just physically control their opponents. Thats the only way to guarantee yourself a chance to win every game.

i agree. we need some vets but we dont need vets that will take ALL of our money. i think through the draft though we will get a couple of good young leaders so that this time next year we will have a lot more people wanting to come play for this team. im sure we will do good in FA this year though.

i think we are going to start going towards a.. well ill use a basketball term... Role players... you get that franchise player whether its on defense or offense... and build AROUND them... we have boley... hopefully... we have abraham... now we will simply build around them with players that know their roles... people like Trey Lewis... he is going to be a force... and i hope we can get someone like Red Bryant in the draft instead of a dorsey or ellis so we can get Long or Clady in the first so we will have a cornerstone on the O line to build around.. then grab someone like Henne to build around as well... i expect FA to be players that are well Character... know how to play the game.. and fit Mike Smith's scheme as a powerful team on both sides of the ball

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/17/2008)
o and for gods sake we need to draft a kicker....... thats been ignored long enough lol

yes i swear i will probably be the only person to cheer out load when we draft a kicker. im hoping coutu but i will be cool with any kicker just as long as he doesnt screw up repeatedly like prater did. man i could have strangled that kid.:angry:

bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
o and for gods sake we need to draft a kicker....... thats been ignored long enough lol

yes i swear i will probably be the only person to cheer out load when we draft a kicker. im hoping coutu but i will be cool with any kicker just as long as he doesnt screw up repeatedly like prater did. man i could have strangled that kid.:angry:

lol ya... i dont exactly understand why we kept him in the first place.. it was pretty obvious he was eratic... and he had ridicalous tatoos... he reminded me of koenen kicking fieldgoals two years ago... another great move by Petrino

bossFALCON (2/17/2008)

lol ya... i dont exactly understand why we kept him in the first place.. it was pretty obvious he was eratic... and he had ridicalous tatoos... he reminded me of koenen kicking fieldgoals two years ago... another great move by Petrino

lol yea i think he kicked a game winner vs the ravens in the preseason. i dont know why you would cut a vet for an unproven young guy that had only been on practice squads. i believe had he made the kicks vs the vikings and the jags we would have won those games. his kicks were momentum killers.

bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
Who should we pick up? Here is a list of this year's FA's(the list is kind of premature because some people wont be on here and some that should be on here shouldnt be) http://http://profootballexperts.scout.com...lnid=83&yr=2008

Two o linemen that can be starters.

We need some experienced O linemen, a lineup of rookies will take years to develop. We could hide a solid rookie or two in an experienced o lone.

Will Datish be ready this year? We lost a year on Datish and he is supposed to be a stud.

michaelgee (2/17/2008)
bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
Who should we pick up? Here is a list of this year's FA's(the list is kind of premature because some people wont be on here and some that should be on here shouldnt be) http://http://profootballexperts.scout.com...lnid=83&yr=2008

We need some experienced O linemen, a lineup of rookies will take years to develop. We could hide a solid rookie or two in an experienced o lone.

Will Datish be ready this year? We lost a year on Datish and he is supposed to be a stud.

yea i was thinking maybe tape up the oline in FA. you never want too many rookie lineman starting and blocking for your qb.

bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
michaelgee (2/17/2008)
bossFALCON (2/17/2008)

yea i was thinking maybe tape up the oline in FA. you never want too many rookie lineman starting and blocking for your qb.

ya i see that.. but there are rookie olinemen.. then there are really special olineman that come out in the draft that you build your line around... a la a Jake Long or Clady.. i dont know.. i just dream that we can start with out of them and fill in around them now that blaylock has a year under his belt..

Overall

Rank Rating Name Type Yr Ht/Wt College 2007 Team Signed Team

OLB 1 Lance Briggs UFA 5 6-0/242 Arizona Chicago

DE 2 Jared Allen UFA 4 6-6/265 Idaho State Kansas City

CB 3 Marcus Trufant UFA 5 5-11/199 Washington State Seattle

CB 4 Asante Samuel UFA 5 5-10/185 Central Florida New England

OG 5 Alan Faneca UFA 10 6-5/307 LSU Pittsburgh

OLB 6 Terrell Suggs UFA 5 6-3/260 Arizona State Baltimore

WR 7 Randy Moss UFA 10 6-4/205 Marshall New England

OT 8 Flozell Adams UFA 10 6-7/330 Michigan State Dallas

DT 9 Albert Haynesworth UFA 6 6-5/320 Tennessee Tennessee

TE 10 Dallas Clark UFA 5 6-3/252 Iowa Indianapolis

S 11 Ken Hamlin UFA 5 6-2/209 Arkansas Dallas

OT 12 Jordan Gross UFA 5 6-5/300 Utah Carolina

OLB 13 Karlos Dansby UFA 4 6-4/240 Auburn Arizona

RB 14 Marion Barber III RFA 3 6-0/220 Minnesota Dallas

TE 15 Alge Crumpler UFA 7 6-2/262 North Carolina Atlanta

OLB 16 Michael Boley RFA 3 6-3/236 Southern Miss Atlanta

K 17 Rob Bironas RFA 4 6-0/200 Georgia Southern Tennessee

DE 18 Justin Smith UFA 7 6-4/275 Missouri Cincinnati

RB 19 Michael Turner UFA 4 5-10/237 Northern Illinois San Diego

OG 20 Larry Allen UFA 14 6-3/325 Sonoma State San Francisco

S 21 Gibril Wilson UFA 4 6-0/197 Tennessee NY Giants

QB 22 Derek Anderson UFA 2 6-6/230 Oregon State Cleveland

WR 23 Bernard Berrian UFA 4 6-1/185 Fresno State Chicago

TE 24 L.J. Smith Fran. 5 6-3/258 Rutgers Philadelphia

OG 25 Ryan Lilja UFA 4 6-2/290 Kansas State Indianapolis

RB 26 Jamal Lewis UFA 8 5-11/245 Tennessee Cleveland

OLB 27 Calvin Pace UFA 5 6-4/272 Wake Forest Arizona

S 28 Sammy Knight UFA 8 6-1/215 USC Jacksonville

MLB 29 Zach Thomas UFA 12 5-11/235 Texas Tech Miami

OLB 30 Landon Johnson UFA 4 6-2/232 Purdue Cincinnati

OT 31 Sean Locklear UFA 4 6-4/305 North Carolina State Seattle

WR 32 Jerry Porter UFA 8 6-2/220 West Virginia Oakland

CB 33 Drayton Florence UFA 5 6-0/198 Tuskegee San Diego

RB 34 Chris Brown UFA 5 6-3/230 Colorado Tennessee

OG 35 Mike Wahle UFA 10 6-6/304 Navy Carolina

K 36 Josh Brown UFA 5 6-1/202 Nebraska Seattle

RB 37 Julius Jones UFA 4 5-10/211 Notre Dame Dallas

WR 38 Ernest Wilford UFA 4 6-4/221 Virginia Tech Jacksonville

TE 39 Bo Scaife RFA 3 6-3/249 Texas Tennessee

P 40 Dustin Colquitt RFA 3 6-2/211 Tennessee Kansas City

DE 41 Ebenezer Ekuban UFA 8 6-3/275 North Carolina Denver

DE 42 Marques Douglas UFA 7 6-2/292 Howard San Francisco

S 43 Madieu Williams UFA 4 6-1/203 Maryland Cincinnati

OG 44 Rex Hadnot UFA 4 6-2/323 Houston Miami

OG 45 Jake Scott UFA 4 6-5/295 Idaho Indianapolis

MLB 46 Tedy Bruschi UFA 12 6-1/245 Arizona New England

OT 47 Travelle Wharton UFA 3 6-4/312 South Carolina Carolina

S 48 Oshiomogho Atogwe RFA 3 5-11/210 Stanford St. Louis

WR 49 Bryant Johnson UFA 5 6-3/216 Penn State Arizona

OT 50 Maurice Williams UFA 7 6-5/304 Michigan Jacksonville

Just to make it easier.

phattywankenobi (2/19/2008)
Marion Barber-Pay him whatever he wants. I don't know if the Cowboys will franchise him temporarily but he would be worth it.

That is since you asked but otherwise build through the draft. We have been burned too many times with these supposed great players who fizzle out.

from what jerry jones has been saying i highly doubt barber is getting out of BIG D. i dont have links or anything for proof but im pretty sure that they are letting jones go and keeping barber. i think i heard it on the NFLN when they played the panthers.

Legion (2/19/2008)
spiker (2/19/2008)
Madieu Williams S

Maurice Williams OL

Porkchop Womack OL

I don't recognize the safety. I like the rest.

Williams is listed in your rankings near the bottom.

He is young with starting experience and hopefully reasonably priced.He is an upgrade at the position over Crocker who looks like will not be resigned!