DJ Shockley Falcons Starting QB

falconjack777

We all know we are rebuilding and this will take time. DJ Shockley is our best bet at QB for

now. He can get his game experience and we can let him show us what he's got while

we spend our resources to improve all other positions. Cut all other QB's on the team and save some $$ for the rest of the team. No QB will have success the next couple years anyway unil we rebuild the team. There are plenty of UGA fans that would like to see him play and at least get a chance. It's not like we have any better options.

DJ has done nothing yet to show he can lead this team. I will say he has not been giving the chance I would like to see that happen in pre-season. Right now if Redman is re-signed I think he will be the starter. I base this on he has proven he can move a offense at the NFL level his 90% passer rating in four games backs that up. With that said I am a huge DJ fan I am not dishing him in any way.

falconjack777 (2/17/2008)
We all know we are rebuilding and this will take time. DJ Shockley is our best bet at QB for

now. He can get his game experience and we can let him show us what he's got while

we spend our resources to improve all other positions. Cut all other QB's on the team and save some $$ for the rest of the team. No QB will have success the next couple years anyway unil we rebuild the team. There are plenty of UGA fans that would like to see him play and at least get a chance. It's not like we have any better options.

Chris Redman. Unlike Shockley, Redman has experience and success in regular season games. Shockley has only shown us a single drive that looked good. The other pre-season game was terrible.

The Falcon Ace (2/17/2008)
falconjack777 (2/17/2008)

Chris Redman. Unlike Shockley, Redman has experience and success in regular season games. Shockley has only shown us a single drive that looked good. The other pre-season game was terrible.

Y O U L I E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i played again D.J when we were in high school and he is a great athlete but, he is not a starter for the nfl. he could be a solid number 2 and come in when needed and win a game but he is injury prone and lacks game experience not only on the nfl but also in college he only started 1 season and even then he missed a couple games....but i am a huge D>J fan and i will be at his autograph signing lol

bret coburn (2/17/2008)
i played again D.J when we were in high school and he is a great athlete but, he is not a starter for the nfl. he could be a solid number 2 and come in when needed and win a game but he is injury prone and lacks game experience not only on the nfl but also in college he only started 1 season and even then he missed a couple games....but i am a huge D>J fan and i will be at his autograph signing lol

he missed 1 game, which we lost because of stupid terrish**y.

Dalton (2/17/2008)
Master P (2/17/2008)
D.J will be cut June 1

i disagree, there would be alot of disgruntled atlanta fans, moreso than with the cut of crumpler

all tha disgruntled fans were most likely vick fans, and shockley is not even on vicks level of nfl experience so hardley anyone will get mad if dj is cut. HE SUCKS!!!!

mike boraski (2/17/2008)
i disagree, there would be alot of disgruntled atlanta fans, moreso than with the cut of crumpler

you actually think more people will care about a guy that has never started a game over a 4 time pro bowler???? please

more people think DJ shockley is going to be our starting qb in a few years

and as far as the crumpler cut, im pretty sure he WANTED out of atlanta, even if he didn't come out and say it straight

Just what we need....another pointless "DJ should be the starter" thread populated by what appears to be a bunch of pre-pubescent newbies and a few loyal (yet misguided) UGA fans.

Let's review:

DJ Shockley has NO experience in leading an NFL team. His 2007 training camp and pre-season performances were inconsistent and he never demonstrated that he was anything but the least talented QB in camp. He led one good drive in pre-season...one...before he went down with an injury.

He may return from injury with new purpose, and demonstrate that he has the necessary skills to play in the NFL, but until then, let's stop pimping for him until he shows us that he has the skills.

GEORGIAfan (2/17/2008)
bret coburn (2/17/2008)

which was still his only season as a starter and the two years before that he was injured constantly when he rotated with green

bret coburn (2/17/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/17/2008)
bret coburn (2/17/2008)

which was still his only season as a starter and the two years before that he was injured constantly when he rotated with green

so what in his 1 year as a starter he did better than Matt Ryan. look at his stats and compare. the only thing thats low is his completion percentage, and He is perfect for the new offense.

Master P (2/17/2008)
SoCalFalconFan (2/17/2008)
Master P (2/17/2008)
D.J will be cut June 1

Wouldn't be surprised. He really isn't that good.

HE AINT NOTHING

Master B, he hasn't really had his shot at proving anything, how can you be so quick to make that statement. He's had two HC's and two new offensive schemes to learn and if he get's his shot this will be the third. He deserves a shot to at least try before he gets labeled with those kinda comments. DJ SHOCKLEY IS DA FUTURE!