Pure Football

bossFALCON™

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of the volume we had 5 or maybe 6 years ago when the boards were new. The number of posters on the boards is way down due to shock, negativity, re-energizing elsewhere or whatever. The familiar faces are just not there. I always post and read the most from January to April because the off-season provides the most potential talk. When we had a lot of posters (around 100+) there was a natural spill-over of people who wanted to be somewhat serious.

Now to get any kind of dialog going, you have to go in the free-for-all bin (board)

Yeah, I'm one of those who hasn't been around as much. But honestly, there hasn't been any kind of news or buzz regarding the Falcons that stirs any excitement in me.

I mean, we hired a no-name head coach and we've been piecing together a staff from a bunch of cast-offs and guys I've never heard of. We're cutting ties with guys like Crumpler and Coleman who've been big pieces of our team in the past, after we lost a guy like Kerney last year. It's the second straight year of being in "transition"-I mean, let's face, Petrino set us back at least 3 (counting last year) and I can't be excited enough about anything right now to feel like talking about it.

I have tried to get myself excited about the draft, but it seems all too likely we're going to draft Matt Ryan, pay him too much money, and try to turn him into a franchise guy. This immediately following the draft where we failed to get LaRon Landry or draft Patrick Willis. Instead we drafted someone we had barely looked at.

And at any rate, Matt Ryan might set us back even further. This guy just scream "Alex Smith!" to me. I'd prefer pretty much any of the next four guys who'll be taken after him.

And we're constantly getting bad news like that we're still on the books for Vick's bonus money. So we're going to pay another huge contract to a QB and we have all this cap space tied up in our last franchise guy. I mean it's good news for Mike, but we needed some cap relief.

If I felt we might end up with McFadden or Jake Long, somebody exciting like that, I'd feel much better. But there's not a mock draft out there that has us taking one of those two guys, even though we have needs at both positions.

So basically, I have little good to say about where this team is going right now. There's too many people here who agree with my negative outlook, and it's just getting me bummed out about the team. So I'm staying away, somewhat. I'ms ure though, as we get closer to the combine, I'll be able to generate some excitment, and some others will also, so this forum will be active again before too long.

GEORGIAfan (2/17/2008)
bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
does anyone know how are we going to get more people to post in the PF forum? we all have worked pretty hard to get in here and when you get in its dead.

usually the more trolls in TATF the more people want to join PF, and the more PF members will come.

yup. whenever we have something controversial happen (petrino leaving, vick going to jail, crumpler getting cut) the trolls come out. it happened this weekend with crumpler. eventually we will have more people in here. the hardest thing is getting them to post here. i still post in TATF just because it is so empty in here.

bronn (2/17/2008)
Yeah, I'm one of those who hasn't been around as much. But honestly, there hasn't been any kind of news or buzz regarding the Falcons that stirs any excitement in me.

I mean, we hired a no-name head coach and we've been piecing together a staff from a bunch of cast-offs and guys I've never heard of. We're cutting ties with guys like Crumpler and Coleman who've been big pieces of our team in the past, after we lost a guy like Kerney last year. It's the second straight year of being in "transition"-I mean, let's face, Petrino set us back at least 3 (counting last year) and I can't be excited enough about anything right now to feel like talking about it.

I have tried to get myself excited about the draft, but it seems all too likely we're going to draft Matt Ryan, pay him too much money, and try to turn him into a franchise guy. This immediately following the draft where we failed to get LaRon Landry or draft Patrick Willis. Instead we drafted someone we had barely looked at.

And at any rate, Matt Ryan might set us back even further. This guy just scream "Alex Smith!" to me. I'd prefer pretty much any of the next four guys who'll be taken after him.

And we're constantly getting bad news like that we're still on the books for Vick's bonus money. So we're going to pay another huge contract to a QB and we have all this cap space tied up in our last franchise guy. I mean it's good news for Mike, but we needed some cap relief.

If I felt we might end up with McFadden or Jake Long, somebody exciting like that, I'd feel much better. But there's not a mock draft out there that has us taking one of those two guys, even though we have needs at both positions.

So basically, I have little good to say about where this team is going right now. There's too many people here who agree with my negative outlook, and it's just getting me bummed out about the team. So I'm staying away, somewhat. I'ms ure though, as we get closer to the combine, I'll be able to generate some excitment, and some others will also, so this forum will be active again before too long.

I agree with how you feel about Matt Ryan,don't think he is worth a top ten pick especially on for a team with so many needs.

boss,

I have been trying to get this group stimulated as well.

Hopefully starting Wednesday the Combines will generate some good discussion.

TATF is sad these days, I posted a while back that here should maybe be a "Simulated Football/Madden" Forum and hopefully the kids will migrate there and do their thing away from the Falcon Forums.

Legion (2/17/2008)
Well, I never remeber a time when many people posted here on a regular but I'd love the sma etype of traffic here as there is over there and without the garbage.

yea thats the main reason on why i wanted to join. i have only been on the MB since mid-late december(when petrino quit) and i already have almost 2,000 posts. i worked as hard as i could to get here because i was sick of all the attacks and trolls.

bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
Legion (2/17/2008)
Well, I never remeber a time when many people posted here on a regular but I'd love the sma etype of traffic here as there is over there and without the garbage.

yea thats the main reason on why i wanted to join. i have only been on the MB since mid-late december(when petrino quit) and i already have almost 2,000 posts. i worked as hard as i could to get here because i was sick of all the attacks and trolls.

Well Boss, I hope that even in the TATF I have been amicable with you. I go there with my guard up a lot. Even some of our own guys (one posted here today) has a record of being a little rude.

Legion (2/17/2008)
bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
Legion (2/17/2008)

Well Boss, I hope that even in the TATF I have been amicable with you. I go there with my guard up a lot. Even some of our own guys (one posted here today) has a record of being a little rude.

nope. i usually bump heads with trolling noobs, jigga donkey and consistentfalcon.

Well, this is a tough topic. Personally I was alittle offput by the season and also the change to the new "look" of things around here. I also thought that with the "upgrade" of the meesage boards that PF was gone. Not until I signed in because of a TATF post I just HAD to respond to did I see it was still here. I'd suspect there may be come previous PF posters who never even browse TATF that might be in the same boat.

I think the only way that this particular message board revitalizes is when something exciting happens for the birds. Sad but true. There's just not alot to talk about, and what there is to talk about really isn't that big a deal.

I'd also site the distinct and noticable absence of some of the old timers like revhal, Direwolf, jstam, shiney, etc. from this board as a reason for it's decline. When these people talk, people listen, and respond. Though I'm not a huge post count guy, i'd guess 95% of my posts i've made have been in PF and I was always interested in what the above mentioned people had to say on things. For me anyway, and not to belittle the contributions of others, these personalities were part of the enjoyment of PF to me.

I lurk on these boards everyday. I live in CO and am a bit 'disconnected' from the Falcons. This is essentially my best source of information. I will interject here and there if something grabs my attention enough to make me want to post. I typically don't even bother reading anything in TATF. I'm between here and the draft/free agency board.