my general assesment of our team

fairbairn

Offense:

OL:

McClure: solid starter but i think he is starting to fade but isnt a worry yet at the line

Blalock: had a promisng rookie season and will hopefully develop into a top player in our OL

Gandy: played horribly towards the end of the 2007 season had a seasn ending injury this year and is in the twilight of his carer so TD had no choice but to cut him

Forney: has struggled a little with injurys and hasnt performed well this year poor technique due to in my opinion lazyness this results in penaltys for holding or DL ripping him to shreds

Weiner: injury woes have made this past season a bad one i thnk he was played despite injury becuase our backups are so bad resulting in a poor season for him

TE:

Crumpler: not enough productivity for such a high wage its unfprtunate becuase he is a good player but knee injurys and his high salary meant we couldnt afford to keep him

WR:

White: breakout year i always had faith in him fair enough it was running out but he proved me right with his breakout season and as long as he continues to improve he could become a top WR in the league

Robinson: showed signs a good player at times needs to stay focused we should deffinatly look out for him

Jenkins: made some decent catches but every year he just seems to leave everyone wanting more from him i say we keep him one more year and if he has annother disapointing season cut him

Horn: did one half of what he was here for mentoring the young WRs and they had a good year did really do the other half though making little or no plays he is worth keeping though just as a veteran who can still make some plays

RB/FB:

Dunn: overpaid for what he has been getting done on the field he cant run it n on short yearage or finish of drives at the goal line and keeps getting stuffed i like him and he seems like a good guy but were a football team and we want wins so uless he takes a pay cut we have to let him go

Norwood: once agin showed flashes of a great player but hasnt had a real chance to prove what he can do it will be interesting to see what this eciting young talent does this year hopefully he can turn into our franchise back

Mughelli: didnt really do alot this year mainly because of play calling i think he is a good player and can hopefully get more involved this year but at the moment as well overpaid for what he does

QB:

Redman: did well coming in at the end of the year hopefuly he can keep it up as i think he will be the starter in 2008

Harrington: he has always been criticsied wherever he has been and sacked alot all of whoch has led to him a lack of confidence and for this reason along with the fact he has a weak arm he wont make it in todays nfl

Defense:

DL:

Anderson: was his rookie year and u might not know this as i dont thik it has been mentioned that much but he didnt get a sack this by no means makes him a but yet ill admit i wasnt a big fan of us picking him but im not gonna loose faith in him yet it was his rookie year.

Abraham: brilliant agian this year and he stayed healthy which is also a bonus so as long as he keeps it this way hes gonna be coming up close and personal with some unfortunate QBs

Lewis: good rookie year untill his injury hopefully he can show more of what he can do this year

Coleman: too many injurys not enough productivity and very high wage equals a good cut by the FO

Boley: we can build a defense around this guy no doubt we need to resign him

Brooking: i am a huge fan of his but he is out of his depth at MLB he needs to move back to the outside postion to stand a chance otherwise he just cant be a part of this team

Williams: had a quiet year i expected more he is such an athletic guy so hopefully he will stand out a bit more and make some game changing plays because i think he is capable

Safety:

Milloy: a solid season agian cant ask for anything more i just hope he keeps it going till he retires

Crocker: coming of a terrible 07 seaosn played well better in coverage sbut still needs to improve

Willaims has just faded away really i hope he can find a way back into the team and show us he isnt a bust

in the draft/free angency we need to work on our OL and DL games are won and lost there and we are weak in quite a few of these positons i think however we should address the OL first and draft Jake Long first round

i mean obviously its not gonna be simple for us this upcoming year because not many free agents are gonna be interested in a loosing team with a first time head coach but i think the young players we have along with a few of the veterns are very talented guys like Boley, White, Hall, Abraham and Norwood and these are the guys we can build around and maby with a good draft this year and next year as well we can be really chalenging for the divison year in year out

fairbairn (2/17/2008)
i mean obviously its not gonna be simple for us this upcoming year because not many free agents are gonna be interested in a loosing team with a first time head coach but i think the young players we have along with a few of the veterns are very talented guys like Boley, White, Hall, Abraham and Norwood and these are the guys we can build around and maby with a good draft this year and next year as well we can be really chalenging for the divison year in year out

Nice observations on Weiner. Right about Horn. Need to make him an assistant coach, but he won't like the pay or hours. It has proved what I have been yelling about for 5 years that we need to spend some money on wide receiver COACHING. Harrington is coming around and I won't close the book on him until we get some blocking. There are only a small handful or franchise QB's decade to decade- you can win games and championships in other ways.

idk if u meant to leave out hall and houston...ill do it for u

Hall: needs to be a bit less cocky unless he can back it up(EX: preseason vs. ocho) lol, but is a great talent and has the ability to be one of the best corners in the league(if u dont already consider him one), i think he has to much telent to let get away and if we won a few games i know he would play great cause thats all he wants..

Houston: MAJOR potential..has all the weapons to become a great corner in this league..suffered a few growing pains like every rookie corner..and was thrown at alot..showed some bright spots during the season, cant wait for him to emerge