new offseason.

Boley59

Cuts:

i am leaving off the ones we have already made.

RB Warrick Dunn

OG Kynan Forney

SS Lawyer Milloy

FS Chris Crocker

WR Brian Finneran

Restructure:

OLB Keith Brooking

C Todd McClure

Resign:

OT Tyson Clabo

OLB Micheal Boley

QB Chris Redman

DE Chauncey Davis

Free Agents:

RB Micheal Turner

OG Floyd Womack

DE Paul Spicer

Draft:

1-DT Sedric Ellis-We need help on the interior bad.

2-OT Anthony Collins-Solid prospect to help a bad oline

2-QB Chad Henne-The future is Henne.

3-MLB Phillip Wheeler-Brooking has one year left and it will probably be at outside linebacker

3-FS Quintin Demps-Crocker is gone and williams may not be the answer.

4-OT/OG Heath Benedict-Good depth help for a depleted oline,

5-TE Kellen Davis-Catches the ball very well. Blocking is suspect.

6-K Brandon Coutu-The answer to our kicking needs.

7-SS Chris Horton-Depth with milloy gone.

7-CB Kennard Cox-Depth for lewis sanders release.

Depth Chart:

QB-Redman/Henne/Harrington/Shockley

RB-Turner/Norwood/Snelling

FB-Mugelli/McIntyre

TE-Milner/Davis/Cooper

WR-White/Jenkins/Jennins

WR-Robinson/Horn/Jennings

RT-Clabo/Foster

RG-Womack/Benedict

C-McClure/Datish

LG-Blalock/Batiste

LT-Wiener/Collins

DE-Anderson/Spicer

DT-Lewis/Stanley

DT-Ellis/Babineaux

DE-Abraham/Davis

OLB-Boley/T.Williams

MLB-Wheeler/Taylor

OLB-Brooking/Nicholas

CB-Hall/Irons/Cox

CB-Houston/Grimes

FS-Demps/Williams

SS-Stone/Horton

K-Coutu

P-Koenen

KR-Norwood

PR-Jennings

LS-Shneck

Personally, I don't like it at all. I hate the idea of cutting both of our safeties, ESPECIALLY Lawyer Milloy. If we cut LawDog, I'll be concerned about our franchise's front office. Lawyer has been an EXTREMELY good player for us, and a leader both on and off the field. We need leaders if we're going to become a younger team, and becoming younger doesn't just mean cutting every player over 30 years old, it means cutting every overpaid player who has lost a step. See: Dunn, Brooking, Coleman, Crumpler. Milloy is a definite spark on this defense who steps up when nobody else will.

Crocker is another very good, steadily improving safety who is coming into his own as a FS. Jimmy has all the potential in the world at FS, but Chris is actually showing that he deserves to be out there. Safety is not really on our needs list at this point, and no way should any Safety on this team get cut.

You also lose points for lack of originality. Ellis, OT, Henne, Wheeler, Benedict. It's all been seen before. I'm sick of Henne. He's no franchise QB.

While I agree with the argument that we shouldn't cut both Safeties (I want to keep Milloy), why is Chris Crocker all of the sudden valuable? This past off-season, everyone wanted Betty Crocker to hit the road.

I think he really thrived in Zimmer's scheme, but I wonder if he will revert back to the old, weak FS he was if put into a different scheme.

As for the rest of the mock, I hate the phrase "Henne is the future", because I am not a fan, but I can live with this mock. I like the Wheeler pick, and I definitely think he will fall to the 3rd over concerns of his size and being a scheme player.

L.Rover (2/17/2008)

As for the rest of the mock, I hate the phrase "Henne is the future", because I am not a fan, but I can live with this mock. I like the Wheeler pick, and I definitely think he will fall to the 3rd over concerns of his size and being a scheme player.

Wheeler's stock is rising because he has gained weight.

thakrunk1 (2/17/2008)
true.

but his fit in tha scheme is considering brooking moving from mlb or not.

Brooking might not even be with the team next season.

Phillip Wheeler's performance in NCAA was great, but there are just too many questions marks for him to go in the 1st day. He isn't huge, he played for arguably one of the best DC in college football.

Boley59 (2/17/2008)
I think wheeler will go third because of his potential to be a good player and not higher because of the reasons Rover said. If he falls to day two i would take him there instead.

Just for the record, they changed the draft so that Day One = rounds 1 & 2. Everything else is now Day 2.