A quick Falcons mock

falcon_91

Okay i will go on the bases that we select 3rd

Miami - Chris Long

Rams - Glenn Dorsey

So we are on the clock with the main name available being Sederick Ellis.

Normally i would just say bang his name up to the posium, this time however we phone up Cinci and trade our 1st(2200) for their 1st(1350) 2nd (490) and next years 3rd round pick.

Cincinatti - Sederick Ellis

Oakland - Darren McFadden - im sure if he was there DAL might try a trade but im not sure, anyway my rational would be that RB is still some form of need, and after a good Combine Al Davis falls in love

Chiefs - Jake Long

New York - Vernon Ghoulston

New England - Keith Rivers

Ravens - Matt Ryan

Falcons - Ryan Clady OT - the best LT in the draft imo.

Saints - Mike Jenkins

Bills - Dan Conner - theres a lot of different ways the bills can go but imo its way to early for any WR's

Broncos - Derrick Harvey

Panthers - Sam baker

Bears- TRADE - The falcons send their 2nd round pick(550) the Texans 2nd(420) and thier 4th(104) to the Bears for thier 1st rounder(1100)

The falcons select - QB Brian Brohm

So the Falcons so far look like this

1(9) - Ryan Clady

1(14) - Brian Brohm

then

2(41) Pat Simms/Trevor Laws - If Simms lasts we take him if not laws looks like he could be a beast in the 4-3

3(65) - Jerod Mayo - Looking like brooking could get cut, regardless if he isn't here is his heir.

3(comp) - Matt Forte - looks like a good fit for Murlarkys Offense.

I am not certain how "great" Brian Brohm is.......I'm not altogether sure Brohm will be better than Chad Henne or Joe Flacco.....I like the trade down and take Ryan Clady, but I am then going to "load up" in 2nd round given your scenario:

1-009) Ryan Clady, LT-Boise State

2-037) Pat Sims, DT-Auburn

2-039) Joe Flacco, QB-Delaware (Cincy trade)

2-050) Tracy Porter, CB-Indiana (f/ Houston)

3-066) Phillip Wheeler, ILB-Georgia Tech

3-099) Matt Forte', RB-Tulane

4-107) Roy Schuening, OG-Oregon State

While not "as far along" as Brian Brohm, I just think Flacco will catch Brohm and surpass him in a 3 year period. Better athlete, better arm, more upside. To get a better long-term prospect and to not trade a 2nd rounder is a "no-brainer" to me.

g-dawg (2/17/2008)
I am not certain how "great" Brian Brohm is.......I'm not altogether sure Brohm will be better than Chad Henne or Joe Flacco.....

While not "as far along" as Brian Brohm, I just think Flacco will catch Brohm and surpass him in a 3 year period. Better athlete, better arm, more upside. To get a better long-term prospect and to not trade a 2nd rounder is a "no-brainer" to me.

Brohm is a better pick than Flacco for a few reasons: he's got a much higher basement than Flacco, has a higher football IQ (reading defenses, audibles, student of the game- etc) than Flacco, and actually had better stats than Flacco despite playing against harder defenses. That is why I think Brohm will be better, but unfortunately I don't think we will be able to get him.

And the mock is actually pretty good, I would be pretty happy with that. Although you could probably get Brohm if he falls past Chicago by trading with San Diego and giving up much less.

OK, I usually let things slide, but come on, if you want people to take your opinion seriously, you have to put some effort into your writings.

The correct phrase should say: Okay, I will go on the assumption that we select third.

If you want to use the word basis, then at least spell it correctly. Although the word "bases" sounds like "basis," the words are very different.

I realize that I am picking on you. I am sorry but I am getting tired of very poor writing on these boards. I can only imagine what visitors from other cities think of us, as a community, when they read our posts. It is no wonder that Northerners characterize all of us as morons. We are not collectively less intelligent than any other group, but we give that impression too often when we speak and write poorly.

I am a product of Atlanta public education. My parents spoke no English when they arrived to this great country. I may not be an English expert, but at least I can articulate and write my thoughts down..... and both of my parents can do so as well.

Come on guys, work on our collective writing skills. Your choice of words speaks volumes about your level of thinking. The occaisional spelling error is understandable, but there have been some really outrageous examples of linguistic ignorance on these boards.

Falcon91, your error is not a big deal, you just happen to be the guy that snapped this camel's back.

g-dawg (2/17/2008)
I am not certain how "great" Brian Brohm is.......I'm not altogether sure Brohm will be better than Chad Henne or Joe Flacco.....I like the trade down and take Ryan Clady, but I am then going to "load up" in 2nd round given your scenario:

1-009) Ryan Clady, LT-Boise State

2-037) Pat Sims, DT-Auburn

2-039) Joe Flacco, QB-Delaware (Cincy trade)

2-050) Tracy Porter, CB-Indiana (f/ Houston)

3-066) Phillip Wheeler, ILB-Georgia Tech

3-099) Matt Forte', RB-Tulane

4-107) Roy Schuening, OG-Oregon State

I don't understand the hype in Flacco AT ALL. I see him as being a huge bust if taken before the 5th round. We can not rely on a DII guy to turn around our franchise. Great arm? Sure, but I don't see much else.

I would rather draft Brian Brohm with our top 5 pick than draft Flacco.

bgarcia28 (2/17/2008)
OK, I usually let things slide, but come on, if you want people to take your opinion seriously, you have to put some effort into your writings.

The correct phrase should say: Okay, I will go on the assumption that we select third.

If you want to use the word basis, then at least spell it correctly. Although the word "bases" sounds like "basis," the words are very different.

I realize that I am picking on you. I am sorry but I am getting tired of very poor writing on these boards. I can only imagine what visitors from other cities think of us, as a community, when they read our posts. It is no wonder that Northerners characterize all of us as morons. We are not collectively less intelligent than any other group, but we give that impression too often when we speak and write poorly.

I am a product of Atlanta public education. My parents spoke no English when they arrived to this great country. I may not be an English expert, but at least I can articulate and write my thoughts down..... and both of my parents can do so as well.

Come on guys, work on our collective writing skills. Your choice of words speaks volumes about your level of thinking. The occaisional spelling error is understandable, but there have been some really outrageous examples of linguistic ignorance on these boards.

Falcon91, your error is not a big deal, you just happen to be the guy that snapped this camel's back.

This isn't the Talk About Grammatical Errors forum. I too get a little annoyed when someone uses terrible grammar, or spells words wrong, but there's no need to make a big deal out of nothing. This post was actually a LOT better than some I've seen. You could atleast have the decency to give him some feedback to whether or not you agreed with his thinking.

Anyways, Falcon91, I like this mock a good bit. I like the trade down. I honestly barely got to see Clady play this past season, but I'll take everyone's word, when they say he's an excellent player. ;)