If Brooking Isn't Cut, Then I Will Be Convinced That The Falcons Will Never Be Winner Until...

Robert Miller

A. Blank sell the team...

Dimitrioff= Schuerholz/Wren

Brooking= Chipper Jones...granted Chipper is more solid and has been somewhat of a winner. Brooking is a good-guy, however he is way over paid and rated.

Release of Rod Coleman = Release of Andrew Jones

This is the city of loosers..opps make that looserville with its "good ole boy" network

delaigle (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
Two comparisons

Boley (FAL. SSLB) total 109 solo 93 asst 16

A. Pierce (NYG MLB) total 103 solo 77 asst 26

Brooking total 110 solo 84 asst 26

Re NLF.com stats

How many tackles for loss does Brooking have?

Go to NFL.COM and find out!

That particular stat is not listed on NFL.com, and I didn't want to assume what it was. The reason I ask is because at least to me it seems Brooking's tackles come 8-10 yards down the field. Now if out of those 110 tackles 80% of them come that far down the field, those tackles aren't so impressive now is it?

YoungHeezy (2/17/2008)
Mojo Risin (2/17/2008)
The most overpaid and overrated Falcon title has already been taken.

Warrick Dunn? Keith Brooking? Either one and you are correct.

When everyone here pretty much hates Dunn, how does that make him "overrated"?

Brooking has been questioned for years now so the same dilemma.

Right now, with the current list of active players, Hall is quite overrated. Ever since T.O. punked him out, he has been all hype.

If all a player does is make "Tackles down field", then why wasn't another teammate making that tackle? Was the rest of the team laying down I wonder? Was that player making that tackle down field the cause of a teammate whom just couldn't get the job done?

When someone points out a certain player, this is what I hear and how I hear it. Sure Brooking is "long in the tooth", but IMO he isn't the worst on the team.

So my question again is: Why is he the one bringing them down 5/10 yards down field? Somebody else must be missing that tackle or can' shed the block as well right?

dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
Two comparisons

Re NLF.com stats

That particular stat is not listed on NFL.com, and I didn't want to assume what it was. The reason I ask is because at least to me it seems Brooking's tackles come 8-10 yards down the field. Now if out of those 110 tackles 80% of them come that far down the field, those tackles aren't so impressive now is it?

Brooking is a good cover guy and you see tackles down field.If you cant telll the difference between a coerage tackle and being out of position you have a agenda or dont know football.80%?Make something else up.Is that impressive?

bigduke633 (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
Two comparisons

Re NLF.com stats

Brooking is a good cover guy and you see tackles down field.If you cant telll the difference between a coerage tackle and being out of position you have a agenda or dont know football.80%?Make something else up.Is that impressive?

No, what's impressive is how defensive you get about your boy Keith Brooking and how immature you are to quickly resort to name calling. If you think Keith is a good cover guy, maybe you should ask DeShaun Foster about that, I'm sure he'll disagree. The past few years he's made a career off of Keith Brooking. Also, I was giving the 80% number as an example because I don't know how many tackles for loss he had this year, I was not saying this was fact, but just explaining how I've seen Keith Brooking play.

I know it seems like I have an agenda against Keith Brooking, but I have none at all. I like him personally, he seems like a great guy and I'd love to have a beer with him someday. However, be that as may, that does not necessarily translate onto the field. I just want to see my team win and improve in the weaknesses they have, even if that means replacing a very good man.

The reason for my original post (copied from another thread) was to stop the "piling ON" comments in that thread. Since Pierce has as many Assist (26) as Brooking either Brooking does not pile on OR Pierce also does pile on. Take your pick.

I know NFL.com did not have the yards for loss stat. I Just wanted someone to look and see that the NFL does not think it's important enough to even keep track of.

I watched that a lot this year because people have posted about it all year. And it's true BUT many times it's because of his coverage assignment. I saw many cases where he had to break off his assignment and come back to make the tackle so of course it was down field. You can't run your assignment then break off and get back to the play in zero time and the runner is not going to wait for you to come back. There were some cases where he was just overpowered. I once was a physics professor and I know that a running back is going to knock over a stationary peorson very time (it's a thing called momentum).

Now Pierce and Brooking both had 1 fumble recovery and Pierce had 9 passes defended with 1 interception and Brooking had none.. (unless I missed it in the stats)

delaigle (2/17/2008)

The reason for my original post (copied from another thread) was to stop the "piling ON" comments in that thread. Since Pierce has as many Assist (26) as Brooking either Brooking does not pile on OR Pierce also does pile on. Take your pick.

I know NFL.com did not have the yards for loss stat. I Just wanted someone to look and see that the NFL does not think it's important enough to even keep track of.

Delaigle,

You make good points. However, tell me if I am wrong about a point I am going to make to you and if you're right I will gladly apologize. The NFL.com stat page also doesn't track drops for WR's, do you think this is not an important stat as well? The same site also does not track sacks allowed for offensive linemen, is that not an important stat?

I'm not going to say tackles for loss are the most important stat when you look at a linebacker, however, it is very much important. Anything that backs the opposing offense up and makes it harder for them to get first downs and score is important.

dyoshot (2/17/2008)
bigduke633 (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
Two comparisons

Re NLF.com stats[/quot

No, what's impressive is how defensive you get about your boy Keith Brooking and how immature you are to quickly resort to name calling. If you think Keith is a good cover guy, maybe you should ask DeShaun Foster about that, I'm sure he'll disagree. The past few years he's made a career off of Keith Brooking. Also, I was giving the 80% number as an example because I don't know how many tackles for loss he had this year, I was not saying this was fact, but just explaining how I've seen Keith Brooking play.

I know it seems like I have an agenda against Keith Brooking, but I have none at all. I like him personally, he seems like a great guy and I'd love to have a beer with him someday. However, be that as may, that does not necessarily translate onto the field. I just want to see my team win and improve in the weaknesses they have, even if that means replacing a very good man.

What name did I call you?Defensive?I seen footage of teams getting ready to play the falcons and they game plan mostly on brooking.They key their offense on stopping him.Is he what he was in 2003?No,still very good though.Foster?Throw a name out there and give no example.Ask foster about lance briggs!You go from telling us he isnt impressive to wanting to drink beer with him?

dyoshot (2/17/2008)

Deshaun Foster? I'll go one better. Michael Pittman. Keith Brooking's NFC South daddy.

bigduke633 (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
bigduke633 (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
dyoshot (2/17/2008)
delaigle (2/17/2008)
Two comparisons

Re NLF.com stats[/quot

What name did I call you?Defensive?I seen footage of teams getting ready to play the falcons and they game plan mostly on brooking.They key their offense on stopping him.Is he what he was in 2003?No,still very good though.Foster?Throw a name out there and give no example.Ask foster about lance briggs!You go from telling us he isnt impressive to wanting to drink beer with him?

Wow. I think I have to repeat my entire post. From the bat you accused me of not having any knowledge about football because I questions the effectiveness of Brooking. What footage have you seen from teams gameplaning to stop Brooking? It seems to me teams are running or throwing right at him. If you want an example of what I mean about DeShaun Foster, look at all games we have played against them from 2005-2007.

However, since I'm sure you would want a specific example of what I mean, I'll give you one. 2005, final game of the season CAR at ATL, I was at this game. Deshaun Foster had I believe a 75 yard run right off of him for a TD. The reason this sticks out so much was because there were two very drunk 400 lb. Carolina fans celebrating in front of us which made that run seem a lot worse than the score.

Now to explain about why I would have a beer with him, everyone that I know that has met him says he's a very nice guy. I was just making a point to say that I don't have any personal agenda against Keith Brooking. Just because I think we need an upgrade does not mean I hate the man's guts.

Delaigle,

You make good points. However, tell me if I am wrong about a point I am going to make to you and if you're right I will gladly apologize. The NFL.com stat page also doesn't track drops for WR's, do you think this is not an important stat as well? The same site also does not track sacks allowed for offensive linemen, is that not an important stat?

I'm not going to say tackles for loss are the most important stat when you look at a linebacker, however, it is very much important. Anything that backs the opposing offense up and makes it harder for them to get first downs and score is important.

All of those types of stats can be misleading without astriods by each and every one. IE if a TE has a hand heavly bandaged an drops a pass how should it count? There are just too many variables to make those really valid. But what I'm says goes just as well for most stats. that are being kept as well. My story about stats.

A duck hunter fires one barrel and it goes 1 inch over the duck. The second barrel goes 1 inch under the duck. THAT DUCK IS DEAD, but there is no meat on the table.

delaigle (2/17/2008)
Delaigle,

All of those types of stats can be misleading without astriods by each and every one. IE if a TE has a hand heavly bandaged an drops a pass how should it count? There are just too many variables to make those really valid. But what I'm says goes just as well for most stats. that are being kept as well. My story about stats.

A duck hunter fires one barrel and it goes 1 inch over the duck. The second barrel goes 1 inch under the duck. THAT DUCK IS DEAD, but there is no meat on the table.

Again, you make great points but there are some holes here. If the TE's hands are so heavily bandaged, maybe he shouldn't be out on the field until he is healed. I think the stats still SHOULD count. If he is still out on the field like that and can't catch he is hurting his offense and his team.

Also, I don't think tackles for losses really need asterik's. If that was the case sacks would need the same.

Again, you make great points but there are some holes here. If the TE's hands are so heavily bandaged, maybe he shouldn't be out on the field until he is healed. I think the stats still SHOULD count. If he is still out on the field like that and can't catch he is hurting his offense and his team.

Also, I don't think tackles for losses really need asterik's. If that was the case sacks would need the same.

Ok (example only)

Brooking behind Stanley 4 games 0 Tackles for loss

Taylor behind G. Jackson 12 games 3 tackles for loss

Now how do you fairly compare those stats? all you see is 3 and 0

I think all stats need to be understood in a bigger picture before they can be meaningful.

For example any good mathametician will tell you my duck story is totally bogus.

ie. 2 dropped passes can't average to one catch.

Robert Miller (2/17/2008)
A. Blank sell the team...

Dimitrioff= Schuerholz/Wren

Brooking= Chipper Jones...granted Chipper is more solid and has been somewhat of a winner. Brooking is a good-guy, however he is way over paid and rated.

Release of Rod Coleman = Release of Andrew Jones

This is the city of loosers..opps make that looserville with its "good ole boy" network

This post is just like all the other Brooking haters , This is prejudice at it's highes form , and you can talk till your blue in the face to these people and never change them . It's not their play on the field to these people , It is their prejudice view of that person , this being Brooking , the Stats provided here by replies proves this post is a lie .

Prejudice people are crippled to high for crutches.