Basically, we're now like an expansion team

Bring It

Yup, we're clearing the decks and starting over. Take heart, for now we have a very good GM and HC...........no flash, no glitz, just good solid football guys. By July 1 most of the new team will be in place...........18 weeks. It's alot of work but I have a good feeling about this. I do.

Matt Kelly (2/17/2008)
So if we are starting over why do we have Brooking and his 7.6 million dollar figure, "Done" and his 5.5 million dollar figure and "feature back" like 3 ypc and Joe Horn and his 12 million gaurenteed over the next 2 seasons when these could all be valuable roster positions??

Be patient, we've only seen the first wave. There will be a few trades, no doubt.

Bring It (2/17/2008)
Yup, we're clearing the decks and starting over. Take heart, for now we have a very good GM and HC...........no flash, no glitz, just good solid football guys. By July 1 most of the new team will be in place...........18 weeks. It's alot of work but I have a good feeling about this. I do.

We are far from being an EXPANSION team in the NFL. To say that is like saying our NEW HC's are stupid and need to learn. They weren't hired because they were photogenic or good spokespersons, they were hired because for the majority of coaches they had "YEARS of EXPERIENCE in the NFL at various coaching levels".

I dissagree with you on this one.

freeze1st (2/17/2008)
Bring It (2/17/2008)

We are far from being an EXPANSION team in the NFL. To say that is like saying our NEW HC's are stupid and need to learn. They weren't hired because they were photogenic or good spokespersons, they were hired because for the majority of coaches they had "YEARS of EXPERIENCE in the NFL at various coaching levels".

Say what ??? You've lost me here.

Bring It (2/17/2008)
freeze1st (2/17/2008)
Bring It (2/17/2008)

Read the title of your thread it says : " Basically, we're now like an expansion team". I'm not flame throwing, I hope you don't get that impression, I appologize if I come across that way, I'm just saying I don't see it that way.

freeze1st (2/17/2008)
Bring It (2/17/2008)

we are the never ending next year team, just wait til next year:w00t::w00t:

the falclowns are the same team they have been for 41 going on to 42 years. dont ever forget that. if they can ever stop there losing ways then and only then do we have a right to say differently

bossFALCON (2/17/2008)
actually we are an expansion team, but i do know what you are talking about though.

Expansion teams are frachises that are "Added" to the NFL, not teams that have been here for some time now like the Falcons. You can label it however you want but I'll quote it for you : "We are NOT and EXPANSION team". To say that is to completally to disregard our great players of the past. Players like Barkowski, Jeff Van Note, William Andrews, Lynn Cain, Jamaal Anderson, and many other players from the Falcons past that made their mark here in Atlanta.

We have 17 million in cap space to use according

to Dimitroff. Now we need to use it and see where

that leaves us with regard to our aging veteran

players that remain. We may be able to keep somebody

but at this point we may not know who. We still

have to go to battle this year. Horn didn't answer

the bell last year due to injury so he resembles

some of the early departees.

freeze1st (2/17/2008)
Bring It (2/17/2008)
freeze1st (2/17/2008)
Bring It (2/17/2008)

Read the title of your thread it says : " Basically, we're now like an expansion team". I'm not flame throwing, I hope you don't get that impression, I appologize if I come across that way, I'm just saying I don't see it that way.

I didn't say nothing about all that, I said "They are not an Expansion Team" which is what the title of this thread says the Falcons basically are.

trubirdfan4life (2/17/2008)
I would have a better feelling about this if we got rid of dunn...that would show me that they are sreious about trying to run the ball and control the game.

Dunn is still a good runner and somebody has to share time

with Norwood. Snelling suits me better but he is unproven

even to me, so I can't recommend to the Falcons that they

cut Dunn because Snelling looked good in preseason last year.

We can go to battle with Dunn and represent ourselves well.

If a nice back falls in our lap in the draft we may feel like Dunn

is expendable and loose his salary at that point. Until his likely

replacement is in hand it is not a bad thing to keep him. Norwood

is our feature back if we have any sense but somebody will need

to be ready to come in and share time.

LADBABY (2/17/2008)
We have 17 million in cap space to use according

to Dimitroff. Now we need to use it and see where

that leaves us with regard to our aging veteran

players that remain. We may be able to keep somebody

but at this point we may not know who. We still

have to go to battle this year. Horn didn't answer

the bell last year due to injury so he resembles

some of the early departees.

Yup...........

Bring It (2/17/2008)

THIS AIN'T NO EXPANSION TEAM KID. WE'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 1966. SAY WHAT YOU WILL ABOUT US ....... BUT EXPANSION TEAM IS FIGHTING WORDS ......:angry:

LADBABY (2/17/2008)
trubirdfan4life (2/17/2008)
I would have a better feelling about this if we got rid of dunn...that would show me that they are sreious about trying to run the ball and control the game.

Dunn is still a good runner and somebody has to share time

with Norwood. Snelling suits me better but he is unproven

even to me, so I can't recommend to the Falcons that they

cut Dunn because Snelling looked good in preseason last year.

We can go to battle with Dunn and represent ourselves well.

If a nice back falls in our lap in the draft we may feel like Dunn

is expendable and loose his salary at that point. Until his likely

replacement is in hand it is not a bad thing to keep him. Norwood

is our feature back if we have any sense but somebody will need

to be ready to come in and share time.

Dunn's salary is why he needs to either take a pay cut or needs to released.