Brooking Back at WSL...

Matt Kelly

I see alot of posts stating that Brooking will be "almighty" again once he's back at his natural weakside linebacker position and I am curious as to why people feel this way?

I am looking for football reasons though not "because Keith bleeds Falcon red" because that is a lame a$$ argument and has no bearing on him trailing a running back 7 yards.

Some people must not be watching these games..he NEVER shed a block at the point of contact, he Never makes a hit behind the line of scrimage because he is nuetralized 98% of the time by a pull or lead block and he is NOT a good tackler and very ofter takes horrible angles to the ball carrier(yes this is why he is ALWAY grabbing ankles...again watch the films they do NOT lie).

As far as making sacrafices for the team and going back to WLB do you realize what you are even saying when you say something like that? In 2004 Brooking was at the point where he could NO longer keep up with Rb's in the flat or anywhere else for that matter and has SIGNIFIGANTLY gotten slower and slower the last 3 seasons so is he going to find the fountain of youth and suddenly be able to cover someone or anyone for that matter.

Matt Kelly (2/17/2008)
As far as making sacrafices for the team and going back to WLB do you realize what you are even saying when you say something like that? In 2004 Brooking was at the point where he could NO longer keep up with Rb's in the flat or anywhere else for that matter and has SIGNIFIGANTLY gotten slower and slower the last 3 seasons so is he going to find the fountain of youth and suddenly be able to cover someone or anyone for that matter.

7.6 million dollars says he don't care how crappy he's playing :Whistling:

What sacrifice? :pinch: doh?

I posted this in another thread, but it applies here as well.....

Restructuring Brooking is not going to make him a better player...

Neither is moving him around.

It's like wearing a pair of shoes that hurt your feet when you walk ouch!

Then convincing yourself they'd cease hurting if you put them on the opposite foot or walked in the opposite direction.

Smashmouth (2/17/2008)
Matt Kelly (2/17/2008)

Hmmmmm......Does the NFL test for HGH??

july425 (2/17/2008)
Smashmouth (2/17/2008)
Matt Kelly (2/17/2008)

No the Patroits would be in deep do do if they did

Smashmouth (2/17/2008)
july425 (2/17/2008)

Supposedly, but I don't know if they really do.

No amount of hgh is gonna help your awareness, and keep you from tackling your own team mates if your bent on doing it.

:laugh: Cole.....you stupid.....:laugh: :laugh:

Smashmouth (2/17/2008)

Then convincing yourself they'd cease hurting if you put them on the opposite foot or walked in the opposite direction.

But it's his "natural position" so we'll be in good shape. As soon as he gets there he will instantly become faster, more physical, and his coverage skills will become that of a nickle corner.

GEORGIAfan (2/17/2008)
Stephen Nicholas is better at WLB than Brooking. Nicholas was like a Jr Boley at that position. i think we should just cut brooking, unless he restructures.

Restructuring is only going to make his cap hit bigger in the future. that's why Dunn making like 8 million dollars this season. Just cut "Mr. Falcon", we can get an overpaid pile jumper in free agency.

statz (2/17/2008)
GEORGIAfan (2/17/2008)
Stephen Nicholas is better at WLB than Brooking. Nicholas was like a Jr Boley at that position. i think we should just cut brooking, unless he restructures.

Restructuring is only going to make his cap hit bigger in the future. that's why Dunn making like 8 million dollars this season. Just cut "Mr. Falcon", we can get an overpaid pile jumper in free agency.

tony taylor can stuff the run in the middle for us, and he can read an offense. remember preseason he had 2 great block catches.

delaigle (2/17/2008)
Two comparisons

Boley (FAL. SSLB) total 109 solo 93 asst 16

A. Pierce (NYG MLB) total 103 solo 77 asst 26

Brooking total 110 solo 84 asst 26

Re NLF.com stats

Pierce 6 tackles for loss

Brooking 2 tackles for loss

Pierce 8 passes defended

Brooking 4 passes defended

Pierce 1 sack

Brooking 2 sack

Pierce 1 Int

Brooking 0 Int

Pierce 1 FF

Brooking 0 FF

Pierce's Cap Hit: 4.5 mil

Brooking's cap hit: 8 mil

Yea, Brooking had more tackles than Pierce. That's about it. makes sense anyway since our O was so inept and defense couldn't get off the field.

Smashmouth (2/17/2008)

Thanks smash I needed that one :P.........I agree with you 110%

Matt Kelly (2/17/2008)
Smashmouth (2/17/2008)

But it's his "natural position" so we'll be in good shape. As soon as he gets there he will instantly become faster, more physical, and his coverage skills will become that of a nickle corner.

Yep and he will attack the scheme more and cover any thing out of the backfield glove tight :hehe:

delaigle (2/17/2008)
Two comparisons

Boley (FAL. SSLB) total 109 solo 93 asst 16

A. Pierce (NYG MLB) total 103 solo 77 asst 26

Brooking total 110 solo 84 asst 26

Re NLF.com stats

Sometimes numbers don't justify the in game happenings. If one Lb made 10 tackles all 5 yards down the field and another makes 5 tackles but with 2 sacks and blows up 3 other plays in the backfield some of our fans would still take the lb with the 10 tackles long as his name is brooking. The numbers that some may crunch to justify brooking will always work thats why they do it, but if you watch him and the games then smoke screen never works on you ;)I like brooking the man, but if we are cutting fat, why are we most of it on the team. JMO:cool:

cblack (2/17/2008)
Sometimes numbers don't justify the in game happenings. If one Lb made 10 tackles all 5 yards down the field and another makes 5 tackles but with 2 sacks and blows up 3 other plays in the backfield some of our fans would still take the lb with the 10 tackles long as his name is brooking.

It's the cool-aid :blush: :pinch: :blink:

The numbers that some may crunch to justify brooking will always work thats why they do it, but if you watch him and the games then smoke screen never works on you ;)I like brooking the man, but if we are cutting fat, why are we most of it on the team. JMO:cool:

Dim Wit roff

Sometimes numbers don't justify the in game happenings. If one Lb made 10 tackles all 5 yards down the field and another makes 5 tackles but with 2 sacks and blows up 3 other plays in the backfield some of our fans would still take the lb with the 10 tackles long as his name is brooking. The numbers that some may crunch to justify brooking will always work thats why they do it, but if you watch him and the games then smoke screen never works on you ;)I like brooking the man, but if we are cutting fat, why are we most of it on the team. JMO:cool:

I agree but you also must look at the beginning of the play not just the end of the play many times there are reasons for those differences.

a made up example since you used examples

Brooking behind Stanley 4 games 0 tackles for loss

Taylor Behind G. Jackson 12 games 3 tackles for loss

HOW do you fairly compare those two stats when all you see is 3 and 0.