Welcoming another Baby Bird to the family!

My wife and I are getting ready to bring our second child into this world on Monday. :)

We're expecting another girl, but really we think it could go either way. We only had one sonogram with this one, at about 6 months, and the nurse pointed to some blur on the screen and said it was a girl. I'm hoping for a boy... no idea what I'll do with so much estrogen in the house! But another little girl is awesome, too. Our first, Zoe, is pretty much as awesome as it gets. :)

May not be specifically Falcons related, but she'll be a Falcons fan from birth just like her sister. :D

Just letting my Falcons brethren know... another pureblood Falcons fan will be with us at the start of the week! :w00t:

Carter (2/17/2008)
My wife and I are getting ready to bring our second child into this world on Monday. :)

We're expecting another girl, but really we think it could go either way. We only had one sonogram with this one, at about 6 months, and the nurse pointed to some blur on the screen and said it was a girl. I'm hoping for a boy... no idea what I'll do with so much estrogen in the house! But another little girl is awesome, too. Our first, Zoe, is pretty much as awesome as it gets. :)

May not be specifically Falcons related, but she'll be a Falcons fan from birth just like her sister. :D

Just letting my Falcons brethren know... another pureblood Falcons fan will be with us at the start of the week! :w00t:

Congrats & hope everything goes smoothly & easily on Monday.

Thanks for the well wishes and congrats everyone! :)

And yeah, Twinblade... I'm already preparing myself for those teenage years when they get boy crazy. I figure I'll invite the boys in to meet em, talk to em a little bit... holding a bat the whole time of course, tellin em I'm not scared of going back to jail. :laugh:

bulldogfalcon... haha, yeah a Baby Dawg, too! My daughter Zoe will grab my black UGA logo hat off my head when I wear it and she'll put it on her head and just look around. It's pretty awesome... haha, the hat's all huge on her head but she loves to put it on.

Carter (2/17/2008)

alright!!! i'm happy for ya........hope everything goes ok for ya.

NewFalcon (2/17/2008)
Congratulations to you and your wife.

Glad to see that we're getting another loyal Falcons fan: we can use all of the support we can get!

You remember that you can forget about sleep for awhile, right?

:D

Yeah, sleep will be nonexistent for me for a few weeks actually. My wife had to have a c-section with our first after going through a full labor and being told that she wasn't progressing enough at the end (which really really sucked!)... and her doctor said that since it hasn't been like 4 years between the two, her body has not healed enough to go through normal delivery with this one. That's why Monday is the day... we just had to schedule the day, which is weird to me but oh well.

So she won't be able to do hardly anything for the first 2-3 weeks after the birth because her abdomenal muscles will be repairing themselves, like with our first. It caused some pain and she just didn't have the strength for it when she tried to get up or move around. I'll have to do pretty much everything... but I don't mind, I'm a proud dad. :)