Gator fans what's the update with torrey davis and another arrest??

SacFalcFan

capologist (2/17/2008)
He had some issues last year and the underage drinking is the 2nd issue. It resulted in a 7 hour meeting with Meyer. Hopefully, Davis gets his head straight because I don't think there's anymore chances left in the bag to grab...

Is this the issue this year:

February court date for Gators' Davis

Florida DT Torrey Davis has a Feb. 7 court date after being cited Jan. 19 for possession of an alcoholic beverage by a minor, a misdemeanor.

Davis, 19, was spotted by Gainesville police holding a rum and coke drink outside Venue, a nightclub on West University Avenue. Davis admitted to its contents when approached by police, according to police reports.

There was a rumor that there was an additional issue very recent after this one. Just wondering if that 7 hour meeting was because of the above? Thanks.

SacFalcFan (2/17/2008)
capologist (2/17/2008)
He had some issues last year and the underage drinking is the 2nd issue. It resulted in a 7 hour meeting with Meyer. Hopefully, Davis gets his head straight because I don't think there's anymore chances left in the bag to grab...

Florida DT Torrey Davis has a Feb. 7 court date after being cited Jan. 19 for possession of an alcoholic beverage by a minor, a misdemeanor.

Davis, 19, was spotted by Gainesville police holding a rum and coke drink outside Venue, a nightclub on West University Avenue. Davis admitted to its contents when approached by police, according to police reports.

There was a rumor that there was an additional issue very recent after this one. Just wondering if that 7 hour meeting was because of the above? Thanks.

This is the most recent issue. Like Cap said there was another issue that wasnt as major last season but it was enough to get him on Urbans bad side and then this happened. One person got the sequence of events out of place and it kicked off this rumor. Typical internet rumor.

Jgator2113 (2/17/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/17/2008)
capologist (2/17/2008)

This is the most recent issue. Like Cap said there was another issue that wasnt as major last season but it was enough to get him on Urbans bad side and then this happened. One person got the sequence of events out of place and it kicked off this rumor. Typical internet rumor.

Thanks guys for the info.

mbrizzle (2/18/2008)
What is up with all the under age drinking arrests? The cops need to leave the kids alone already.

I agree. I understand to some extent but come on guys. Like none of these guys ever did any drinking in college. Give the kids a warning or citation and be on your way. I know we dont hear about the regular students that are also given the same punishment/treatment but its getting to be a little much.

Jgator2113 (2/19/2008)
mbrizzle (2/18/2008)
What is up with all the under age drinking arrests? The cops need to leave the kids alone already.

I agree. I understand to some extent but come on guys. Like none of these guys ever did any drinking in college. Give the kids a warning or citation and be on your way. I know we dont hear about the regular students that are also given the same punishment/treatment but its getting to be a little much.

If you heard the story of what happened to Fred M and the athen's police it was freaking ridiculous. Mark Richt gave him an extra game due to his response to the police officers. He shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place, but this stuff is getting ridiculous. You pull over a kid on a moped (see king)..