Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KRUNKuno

Would you not be willing to trade a 2nd this year and a second next year for Brady Quinn???

48 posts in this topic

screw all of the, "browns arent trading quinn" banter. I just wanna know si or no. I, for one, think Quinn is tha best thing since sliced bread. He's an quarterback that happens to be an athlete, and better than any qb in this draft.

people say that he hasnt even played a down, but he has though it was late in tha season. he's also shined in preseason, and sat out a year to get a "feel" for tha game.

simply put, if you're opposed to Quinn, you're opposed to winning.

sporkdevil and dyoshot like this

i like quinn also but no way would the browns give him away for that cheap. it would at the very least take both 2nd rounders this year and atleast a 2nd next year if not a first.

thakrunk1 (2/17/2008)
he's also shined in preseason, and sat out a year to get a "feel" for tha game.

I'm not opposed to acquiring Quinn, but the cost would probably be too high. Why spend two second round picks to get him when we could get a quarterback of equivalent value in this draft for only one second round pick? Plus, we would save money on the contract that way.

thakrunk1 (2/17/2008)
screw all of the, "browns arent trading quinn" banter. I just wanna know si or no. I, for one, think Quinn is tha best thing since sliced bread. He's an quarterback that happens to be an athlete, and better than any qb in this draft.

people say that he hasnt even played a down, but he has though it was late in tha season. he's also shined in preseason, and sat out a year to get a "feel" for tha game.

This would be an A+ move if they could pull it off at that price.

pre season?? didn't shockley look good in pre season against people who aren't in the league anymore! come on man. We just cut alot of fat off of the team to BUILD it with players not just one player who has proven nothing.

I wouldn't do it. I believe Brohm, Flacco, and Henne are all gonna be better QB's than Quinn. We can get one of them for only 1 2nd round pick. So no i wouldn't do it.

It will never happen, but that would be a steal. I'd trade a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year to bring in a QB with as much promise as him. He has franchise QB written all over him.... even if he may or may not have called some gay dude a #####.

dan minnich (2/17/2008)
i like quinn also but no way would the browns give him away for that cheap. it would at the very least take both 2nd rounders this year and atleast a 2nd next year if not a first.

No way they get that for an unproven commodity that fell in the draft. Unless they're willing to franchise tag him, which would only serve to prove my point even further.

Give it time, he'll get tired of sitting around twittling his thumbs or Anderson will become available after his contract talks bog down.

Quinn would be the better fit in Atlanta between the two of them.

Nope.

Unproven in the NFL: don't care what he did in college. Let him prove he can get it done with consistency in the NFL before we start annointing him as the next great QB.

Keep our picks to improve the OL and DL and pick up a QB in later rounds to apprentice under Redman (assuming we can sign him to a reasonable contract.)

tha unproven sh!t is getting old. He's a better fit than any qb in this draft for atlanta. He knows tha game and is no slouch at tha position.

Ryan

Brohm

Flacco

Woodson

Henne

Booty

Brennan

Ainge

Quinn

thakrunk1 (2/17/2008)

are you kidding??? What has Quinn even won?

Flax Fidelis (2/17/2008)
BradyandFriends.jpg

Our QB of the future? :blink:

That pic combined with Quinns recent altercation outside of a gay bar makes you wonder.

Brady Quinn is the next Joey Harrington. He was good in college, has good preseason against back ups but he will suck as a starter in the NFL. I know this because i watched him play in college, he beat teams with losing records and when they played a winning team he folded and threw interceptions not to mention all the talent he had around him at Notre Dame. Brady Quinn is also not an athlete (unless you count body building) He just has abuncha big slow muscles, if his 40 is any less than a 4.7 than that's added points he got. All Brady Quinn brings to the table is size, if you don't have a **** good team around him he's nothin. Unless of course if you have an O line like the Pats or Colts but than i'd just come be your QB.

birdweiserrr (2/17/2008)
Flax Fidelis (2/17/2008)
BradyandFriends.jpg

Our QB of the future? :blink:

That pic combined with Quinns recent altercation outside of a gay bar makes you wonder.

LMFAO that's funny right there!

So the browns gave up a 1st and a 2nd round pick, along with a lot of money to get him, yet they are gonna give him up a year later for two 2nds? Come back to reality....

Miller2Rison (2/17/2008)
Brady Quinn is the next Joey Harrington. He was good in college, has good preseason against back ups but he will suck as a starter in the NFL. I know this because i watched him play in college, he beat teams with losing records and when they played a winning team he folded and threw interceptions not to mention all the talent he had around him at Notre Dame. Brady Quinn is also not an athlete (unless you count body building) He just has abuncha big slow muscles, if his 40 is any less than a 4.7 than that's added points he got. All Brady Quinn brings to the table is size, if you don't have a **** good team around him he's nothin. Unless of course if you have an O line like the Pats or Colts but than i'd just come be your QB.

talent at Notre Dame????

you're funny.

a 2nd this year is a pick that many are trying to use on a qb already, and tha 2nd from next year would just add incentive for clevland to pull tha trade. they have a qb that seems reliable enough, so i wouldnt doubt them giving this proposal some consideration.

Quinn's a football player with a football mind. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?