if brian brohm falls

falconfan82

That's not something I think the organization would do, at least if Dimitroff means what he's saying, which is they won't put too much into a QB. So I don't think we would do that. Plus if he falls that far past the Bears, I think he has a pretty good chance of making it into the 2nd. The only team that needs a QB behind them is maybe Tampa. So I don't see us making that trade.

i have been thinking that also but i think brohm would have to fall into 20's before we would move back into the first round. you guys can say what you want about drafting oline and dline but you will not win in the nfl starting 3 different qbs. brohm was a top pick last year if he had came out and nothing really has changed. right now he is flying under the radar cause of matt ryan, henne, flacco and that could be the best thing that could happen to us.

if the dolphins dont pick matt ryan #1 then brohm will not make it past them with the first pick in the 2nd. he would be too good a value to pass up, just like he would be when we selected.

if hes there no way we pass on him though. he excelled in an offense similar to our new one in college and i personally think he is the best QB in the draft.

i dont think it would be a good idea to move up into the 1st to get him though. i could envision picking him up with a selection acquired from a deangelo hall trade however.

jidady (2/17/2008)
grendel (2/17/2008)
This is why we really need to trade DHall. Which is more important, a great CB or a franchise QB?

Loathe as I am to trade Hall, I am starting to accept this may be our best play if Brohm doesn't shoot up after the combine.

Trufant and Samuel could still hit FA, too. And personally I don't think that DHall makes quite the defensive impact that people think. Besides, we will most likely play a lot of cover-2 defense, and that scheme does not play to Hall's strengths, which are coverage and speed.