Driving the fairweather fans away.

FalconWong88

If we seriously take a look at this offseason's progression at this point in time, we can objectively say that there is no reason for the past fairweather Falcons fans to stick around. The big names are almost all gone. (Dunn and Brooking could be going soon.)

We are no longer rebuilding this franchise, I think it's considered reconstruction now. Scrapping everything that made this franchise back in the Post-Dan Reeves era, and keeping only the players worthy of their cost.

We might have some down time, but I believe this is a turning point for this franchise. Sorry to all those long time Falcons' fans that have waited for the longest time to have a winning franchise, but you'll have to wait just a tad bit longer.

Rod Coleman and Alge Crumpler should be the main concerns for some of you falcons fans. The deal is Rod Coleman has been injured from off field reasons 2 times in the past few years. He might not have as strong of a commitment to the team as his own personal pleasure and this has lead the GM and Coach to believe that he doesn't have the football character for this team they are trying to build. Alge Crumpler dug himself a one way ticket with his behavior during this past season. Despite being injured and skipping practices he was very vocal about the franchise. I say if you aren't making the plays on the field, keep your mouth shut off the field. He accounted for a majority of our dropped third down passes in the first half of the season.

Our coach and GM want the Veterans to provide the leadership from their character and "walking the walk." Unfortunately, younger players were influenced by these two in the opposite way. I feel that Keith Brooking is only safe at this point, because he has always been supportive of the team, and that this character has always put football 1st. If he can carry his weight on the field he'll be safe to stay on the team. (note* he will probably be moved back to weakside this year.)

For all you fans condemning the front office, I got to let you know: "No one CARES about you" The Front office wants what's best for the team. If the team does good, it makes money. They will never want to make the team bad on purpose. IT'S ILLOGICAL. :) Let's watch the franchise's makeover, it'll be fun! Bye bye fairweather fans!

For all you fans condemning the front office, I got to let you know: "No one CARES about you" The Front office wants what's best for the team. If the team does good, it makes money. They will never want to make the team bad on purpose. IT'S ILLOGICAL. Let's watch the franchise's makeover, it'll be fun! Bye bye fairweather fans!

speak for yourself

FalconWong88 (2/16/2008)
If we seriously take a look at this offseason's progression at this point in time, we can objectively say that there is no reason for the past fairweather Falcons fans to stick around. The big names are almost all gone. (Dunn and Brooking could be going soon.)

We are no longer rebuilding this franchise, I think it's considered reconstruction now. Scrapping everything that made this franchise back in the Post-Dan Reeves era, and keeping only the players worthy of their cost.

We might have some down time, but I believe this is a turning point for this franchise. Sorry to all those long time Falcons' fans that have waited for the longest time to have a winning franchise, but you'll have to wait just a tad bit longer.

Rod Coleman and Alge Crumpler should be the main concerns for some of you falcons fans. The deal is Rod Coleman has been injured from off field reasons 2 times in the past few years. He might not have as strong of a commitment to the team as his own personal pleasure and this has lead the GM and Coach to believe that he doesn't have the football character for this team they are trying to build. Alge Crumpler dug himself a one way ticket with his behavior during this past season. Despite being injured and skipping practices he was very vocal about the franchise. I say if you aren't making the plays on the field, keep your mouth shut off the field. He accounted for a majority of our dropped third down passes in the first half of the season.

Our coach and GM want the Veterans to provide the leadership from their character and "walking the walk." Unfortunately, younger players were influenced by these two in the opposite way. I feel that Keith Brooking is only safe at this point, because he has always been supportive of the team, and that this character has always put football 1st. If he can carry his weight on the field he'll be safe to stay on the team. (note* he will probably be moved back to weakside this year.)

For all you fans condemning the front office, I got to let you know: "No one CARES about you" The Front office wants what's best for the team. If the team does good, it makes money. They will never want to make the team bad on purpose. IT'S ILLOGICAL. :) Let's watch the franchise's makeover, it'll be fun! Bye bye fairweather fans!

Good post. There's a new sheriff in town, and he's not interested in glitz. Refreshing.

As a Fan, I've always stated that this is entertainment. Nobody's going there for the sake of football itself and people who say "fair-weather" fans are only saying fans that go when the team is winning, which isn't true.

The fans of this city supported the Falcons even when they were losing but at least it was entertaining and we had a chance every year. Now I'm trying to figure out what's left of the team that I like. Is it Hoey? Brooking? Dunn?

Every time I go to a game, I spend TONS of money. I'm NOT going to pay to see Hoey and crew.

I don't care if 60k of fans show up or just 2k. I don't care about the Win/loss record so I guess that doesn't make me a fair weather fans either. I'll go when I can believe in the team and we have players worth going out to see play. That means if its entertaining, I'll be happy to go. Otherwise, I'll catch some other games on the TV.

The fans have shown that we will show up when they get quality players and a quality team. Otherwise, we won't and that's the way it should be.

This city doesn't owe Arthur Blank anything. Arthur Blank owes this city thanks for the support he's received for Home Depot and the Falcons. Oh yes, Other than the Arthur Blank Foundation. He's the head of a fantastic foundation.

FalconWong88 (2/16/2008)

I too, am pretty much ready for the exit of "Player Fans" and a return of "Team Fans".

FalconWong88 (2/16/2008)

Yea but you don't buy tickets.

And if you think Brooking is around because his support,then we are in trouble.

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU'RE PICKING WHO CAN BE A FANS NOW. EVEN THE FAIRWEATHER ONES STILL WEAR THE LABEL OF FANS. WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO LEARN IS HOW TO RESPECT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS ........ EVEN WHEN THOSE OPINIONS ARE NOT THE SAME AS YOURS. I'VE BEEN A FALCON FAN SINCE 1966 ...... NOW TOP THAT..........:)

REV.2000 (2/16/2008)
IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU'RE PICKING WHO CAN BE A FANS NOW. EVEN THE FAIRWEATHER ONES STILL WEAR THE LABEL OF FANS. WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO LEARN IS HOW TO RESPECT THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS ........ EVEN WHEN THOSE OPINIONS ARE NOT THE SAME AS YOURS. I'VE BEEN A FALCON FAN SINCE 1966 ...... NOW TOP THAT..........:)
Im not worthy!! Im not worthy!!!:w00t:

vickandbailey (2/16/2008)
REV.2000 (2/16/2008)
Im not worthy!! Im not worthy!!!:w00t:

YES YOU ARE!

It doesn't matter if they are real fan or fair weather fans as long as they buy tickets and merchandise. Some of these people are so funny. If there were so many real fans then the dome would be sold out. For those saying when the team is competitive it will be full once again it will be fairweather fans bc if they were real it would be full before a competitive team. The bottom line is this the goals is to get the stadium full. If im the owner I don't care if you came to cheer the team, cheer the player, look at the cheer leaders, or get away from your spouse as long as you buy a ticket. The goal is to make the product attractive and get people to want fill the stadium. Teams are going to have good years and bad years but it is the job of management to keep the people interested in the product. THe Cleveland Browns have been terrible on the field but they have the highest attendance percentage. Its about putting a product on the field and making the experiece something people want to take part in.

In addition teams like when there fans of a particular player b.c it helps them sell jerseys. Other wise they would only sell memorabilia with the team name and logo. Its about having a balance.

REV.2000 (2/16/2008)

I wuz ondly tree yeers ole ded Mr. Reverun. :) Fans is Fans. Can never have too many fans, until your team goes to the SB and you don't get to go because they jacked all the tix prices up astronimically, and the corparations all get first dibs. Other than that... I'm a fan, you're a fan, he.ll Statz is even a fan. (or he might be a troll. I haven't figured it out for sure.)

I didn't mean to slam any fan in particular. If I did I apologize. I'm just voicing some of the non fairweather fans have endured enough **** and its a good thing that we are back into a TEAM FAN mode.

I have always been a fan of the team. I liked vick when he was here. I liked crumps when he was here. I liked Dirty Bird Jamal Anderson, and even the traveler Chris Chandler.

All I'm saying is a lot of these fans don't cherish having a NFL team in their hometown. We are very lucky to have them here, to have a stadium/and then dome to go to cheer for them.

It's hard to believe that some of these trolls want blank to sell the team. Their voices are so loud that it drowns out the few that have stuck with the team through and through.

"Trade away our best young players and hire old has been coaches." - I just don't get that.

People need to understand that this is OUR team, we need to support them and we can voice our opinions to improve the situation. NOT make the situation even worse.