What principles this country was not founded on.

51FALCON

It was not founded on lazy, lathargic, apathetic, losers who sit around wondering what the government should do for them just because they were born here. It was not founded on giving money to those who do not work. It was not founded on penalizing those who do work. It was founded on the reasoning that those who work hard will make a profit. Period. Many will benefit because they will get jobs. G

me51 (2/16/2008)
It was not founded on lazy, lathargic, apathetic, losers who sit around wondering what the government should do for them just because they were born here. It was not founded on giving money to those who do not work. It was not founded on penalizing those who do work. It was founded on the reasoning that those who work hard will make a profit. Period. Many will benefit because they will get jobs. G

Please, let's be real for a minute.

The welfare budget is nothing compared to the war budget.

me51 (2/16/2008)

No, it was founded on principles that give taxation benefits to the wealthy and big corporations. It was founded so that we could multiple countries for higher oil company profits.

me51 (2/16/2008)

It also had some foundation in the belief that the stronger it's citizens, the stronger the country. Thus our almost unprecedented caring of our poor, sick, and debilitated in this country. I think some may call that "justice"

BigSlick (2/17/2008)
me51 (2/16/2008)

No, it was founded on principles that give taxation benefits to the wealthy and big corporations. It was founded so that we could multiple countries for higher oil company profits.

It wasn't founded on giving taxes without representation. Blame the corporations when your taxes were cut as well?. You do know oil companies make almost 6 cents for every dollars worth sold? Most of it goes to the government. Yeah, higher oil company profits

charlestonchad (2/17/2008)

It also had some foundation in the belief that the stronger it's citizens, the stronger the country. Thus our almost unprecedented caring of our poor, sick, and debilitated in this country. I think some may call that "justice"

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson

Its amazing how prophetic our founding fathers were.