Free agent safety

We could always draft a saftey, but i feel like that kid phillips from Miami is the top prospect. Our birds have much more important need picks one-three in the draft. So I feel like our number one target in the free agency is safety. Defensive tackle is deep in the top five, so im nearly positive thats our move. Running back and quarterback could be the deepest of the draft (flacco followed by a ray rice would be BOMB, although I admit this does not account for out needs on the o-line).

Why not look at free agent Gabril Wislon from the giants? He is a physical beast, I even considered picking him up in fantasy (becuase of injury) becuase he was a stat machine. I just want some input on the guy... he won the big game, and he is a statistical beast. Why wouldnt he be our main target in the free agency?

cwell1 (2/16/2008)
Wilson repeatedly let Moss behind him in the superbowl.I see him as a SS not a FS

we will need both fairly soon.

madieau williams definately sounds interesting. we need a guy like him and if we can get him id love too. that is, if he is really as good as he sounds right now. the bengals had a HORRIBLE secondary, however that had to look worse than it actually was because of their terrible pass rush.

i wouldnt be against that, no.

Keith Hernandez (2/16/2008)
We could always draft a saftey, but i feel like that kid phillips from Miami is the top prospect. Our birds have much more important need picks one-three in the draft. So I feel like our number one target in the free agency is safety. Defensive tackle is deep in the top five, so im nearly positive thats our move. Running back and quarterback could be the deepest of the draft (flacco followed by a ray rice would be BOMB, although I admit this does not account for out needs on the o-line).

Why not look at free agent Gabril Wislon from the giants? He is a physical beast, I even considered picking him up in fantasy (becuase of injury) becuase he was a stat machine. I just want some input on the guy... he won the big game, and he is a statistical beast. Why wouldnt he be our main target in the free agency?

I definitely agree! We can outbid the Giants and get the guy.

You're right, the free safety Wilson might be a target. But not just Gibril: Eugene as well. TD knows him from the Pats, and he has excellent range at FS. He's more of a cover safety than either Hamlin or Gibril, so he'd fit well in Smith's system. NE has Meriweather now, so there's a real possibility that Wilson will hit FA. I'd expect us to at least make a pitch to him, though there are 31 other teams so it's no more than a possibility that we get him.

That's if we don't think JW can finally get it done...