Im sold...

Joey563

Flacco is the man, reminds me of a mix between Favre and Big Ben. Check out the highlights.

It looks like he has poise, accuracy, arm strength, mobility and you pretty much name it he has it. There are also more vids on him there. i hope we get him in the second round (if he is there).

i dont know y we need a qb give redman and shockley a chance to see what their made of. guys like flacco and brennan remind me of alex smith both played primarily out of the gun. yes flacco is a good qb but he needs to get footwork down. im not saying that flacco sucks im jst saying sign a f/a qb as a third string and wait for vick to come back thats right vick will b back look at the signs. mike smith loves running the football, he hasnt been cut yet, and a report indicates he can get a yr taken of his sentence. plus say they take a qb in the draft vicks contract carries over 100 mil harrington 2 mil redman 2 mil shockley another couple mil were spending over 100 mil in cap on 1 position.

That's a good video. I saw Flacco play a couple of times on TV. The thing that impresses me about him is his composure. No matter how many guys are in his face he doesn't seemed to get rattled easily and even when he's on the run he's got good technique as far as squaring up his shoulders and delivering with accuracy down field.

Nick (2/16/2008)
i dont know y we need a qb give redman and shockley a chance to see what their made of. guys like flacco and brennan remind me of alex smith both played primarily out of the gun. yes flacco is a good qb but he needs to get footwork down. im not saying that flacco sucks im jst saying sign a f/a qb as a third string and wait for vick to come back thats right vick will b back look at the signs. mike smith loves running the football, he hasnt been cut yet, and a report indicates he can get a yr taken of his sentence. plus say they take a qb in the draft vicks contract carries over 100 mil harrington 2 mil redman 2 mil shockley another couple mil were spending over 100 mil in cap on 1 position.
:blink: Huh?

betterfalcon (2/16/2008)
That's a good video. I saw Flacco play a couple of times on TV. The thing that impresses me about him is his composure. No matter how many guys are in his face he doesn't seemed to get rattled easily and even when he's on the run he's got good technique as far as squaring up his shoulders and delivering with accuracy down field.

i noticed that also.. and thats one of the reasons im so sold on him as a QB.. that and the placement of his throws were just amazing.

Joseph Swinson (2/16/2008)
betterfalcon (2/16/2008)

i noticed that also.. and thats one of the reasons im so sold on him as a QB.. that and the placement of his throws were just amazing.

Yeah, I like Flacco too. His biggest knock is that he runs out of the shotgun and he has problems reading coverages. Those are easily fixed by good coaching. From a physical standpoint the guy's a beast. ****, he's bigger than some teams TE's.

There's more to being a QB than just physical tools. Ryan Leaf had an amazing arm and could make all the throws too. You are not going to find out how he handles pressure, his ability to lead, his ability to study film, and other mental aspects from individual workouts.

Wow. I've never heard of the guy.

1) Good size

2) Accurate

3) Concentrates downfield with defenders paws on him

4) 521 passes and 5 ints...are you serious???

You can talk about the competiton. However, remember who he is playing with as well.

I would love the have the guy. However, can you even think about him before the 3rd round? Is there anyway he survives to 2nd round.

My only fear is that to get this guy you'll have to take him in the 2nd, and that's too early. However, what if you could land a franchise QB for a 3rd round cap hit.

A post I left in a different thread.

Someone asked...."dont the Flacco supporter realize he couldnt win the starting job at Pitt??"

The following was my reply and it is appropriate here too.

Nope, the Flacco bandwagoners dont understand that.

Instead they see a very tall guy who can throw the ball really far. And with that you have grown men looking at him like Marcia Brady gazing at Davey Jones.

No matter that he played at the second level againt competition like.....William and Mary (ohhh so strong of a team that they have a guy AND a chick in the title).....Towson (another college thick with sending players to the NFL)....and URI. (People from the smallest state still cant even find their campus)

No matter that he played in a spread type offense and was always in the shotgun.

No matter that he had to LEARN how to take a snap from center and dropback from coaches at the Senior Bowl.

No matter that he had a 2000 yard rusher in the backfield.

And of course the fact that he couldnt win the job at Pitt over a QB who is now an undrafted free agent for the Aints....is of no consequence.

I think ESPN and George Lucas must have some sort of contractual agreeement with each other. I mean how can a mere Sports channel hype a player and brainwash so many normally rational people? Im thinking Lucas has taught the ESPN reporters how to do the Jedi Mind trick because they have alot of folks bamboozled.

The Falcons will work out and speak with many QB's. The annoucement that they will look at Flacco is news because sports guys are pumping their own hype machine and saying "see, we told you he was a real prospect." THEY believe their own press. Dont let yourself do the same.

Joseph Swinson (2/16/2008)
Flacco is the man, reminds me of a mix between Favre and Big Ben. Check out the highlights.

It looks like he has poise, accuracy, arm strength, mobility and you pretty much name it he has it. There are also more vids on him there. i hope we get him in the second round (if he is there).

Yes he is the QB I've been zoomed in on for 3 months , I have him in all 3 of my Mocks so far this year and I can't see him not being there when the Draft gets here.

......12-19-07....................1-18-08.....................2-12-08.......................

1.DT Sedrick Ellis...........1.Ellis, Sedrick (DT)...... 1.Sedric Ellis DT 6-2, 295 USC

2.RB Jonathan Stewart...2.Collins, Anthony (OT)..2.Carl Nicks OT 6-5, 335 Neb

2.QB Joe Flacco..............2.Nicks, Carl (OT)...........2.Joe Flacco QB 6-5, 230 Del

3.ILB Ben Moffit..............3.Flacco, Joe (QB)..........3.*Kevin Smith RB 6-1, 212 CF

4.OT Heath Benedict.......4.Smith, Kevin (RB)........4.Darrell Robertson DE 6-5, 265 GT

4.OT Shannon Boatman..4.Goff, Jonathan (ILB)....4.Ben Moffitt LB 6-1, 240 CF

5.DT Dre Moore..............5.Terrell, Darnell (CB).....5.Drew Radovich OG 6-5, 325 USC

6.DE Adam Oliver...........6.Oliver, Adamm (DE).....6.Marcus Walker CB 5-11, 198, 4.45

6.K Art Carmody.............6.Brown, Thomas (RB).....6.Thomas Brown RB 5-10, 205, 4.48

7.S Jamal Lewis..............7.Serna, Alexis (K)..........7.Best Kicker left K 7-7, 395, 3.12

I really like Flacco's awareness he seems to be able to feel the rush pretty well. He also has a cannon for an arm, but if selected he is far from a finished product. He will need to sit, watch, learn the competition in the NFL, and work on his footwork needed to be a dropback passer. I do believe he and Josh Johnson have some of the most upside in this draft. So, I wouldn't be mad if we selected him in the 2nd/3rd round.

falcons4life (2/16/2008)
A post I left in a different thread.

Someone asked...."dont the Flacco supporter realize he couldnt win the starting job at Pitt??"

The following was my reply and it is appropriate here too.

Nope, the Flacco bandwagoners dont understand that.

Instead they see a very tall guy who can throw the ball really far. And with that you have grown men looking at him like Marcia Brady gazing at Davey Jones.

No matter that he played at the second level againt competition like.....William and Mary (ohhh so strong of a team that they have a guy AND a chick in the title).....Towson (another college thick with sending players to the NFL)....and URI. (People from the smallest state still cant even find their campus)

No matter that he played in a spread type offense and was always in the shotgun.

No matter that he had to LEARN how to take a snap from center and dropback from coaches at the Senior Bowl.

No matter that he had a 2000 yard rusher in the backfield.

And of course the fact that he couldnt win the job at Pitt over a QB who is now an undrafted free agent for the Aints....is of no consequence.

I think ESPN and George Lucas must have some sort of contractual agreeement with each other. I mean how can a mere Sports channel hype a player and brainwash so many normally rational people? Im thinking Lucas has taught the ESPN reporters how to do the Jedi Mind trick because they have alot of folks bamboozled.

The Falcons will work out and speak with many QB's. The annoucement that they will look at Flacco is news because sports guys are pumping their own hype machine and saying "see, we told you he was a real prospect." THEY believe their own press. Dont let yourself do the same.

i see what everyone is saying about level of competition, but didnt he play in the senior bowl against the best prospects from the biggest programs and played and practiced very well? Yea he is from a small school but when he is able to play against the top players and do very well, and still have room to grow and improve, that tells me that he is a guy hype machine or not that i wouldnt mind picking up with one of our two 2nd rounders. But i do see your argument, although alot of people like myself havent really watched or heard all the hype. Im just going off of what i have seen.

Joseph Swinson (2/17/2008)
falcons4life (2/16/2008)

i see what everyone is saying about level of competition, but didnt he play in the senior bowl against the best prospects from the biggest programs and played and practiced very well? Yea he is from a small school but when he is able to play against the top players and do very well, and still have room to grow and improve, that tells me that he is a guy hype machine or not that i wouldnt mind picking up with one of our two 2nd rounders. But i do see your argument, although alot of people like myself havent really watched or heard all the hype. Im just going off of what i have seen.

The video of Flacco, his highlight reel, shows him playing against....Townson, URI, Delaware State, and Navy.....so while impressive as he is, he is playing against very weak competition.

Hey, Im not saying that this kid couldnt have a great NFL career, he very well might but the RISK (and there is risk in every draft pick) by far outweighs his upside at this point.

You want high value for every draft pick along with minimal risk. A div 1-a player with a 2nd or 3rd round pick is very very risky.

Add to that, the fact that this team needs a FRANCHISE QB and you are going to again risk that a 1-A kid who is going to make the transition from the Colonial conference to the NFL?

I would rather make a safer less risky pick.