Brooking Sucks As A MLB

Crazy Trav (2/16/2008)
yea brooking is a great leader but lets hope he gets a cap cut and stays and trains more with the new staff to step up with boley and another good LB

I dont have a problem with him staying on the team. As long as his playing time is limited and his cap hit is not the 2nd highest in the league for LB, like it is now.

When Brooking is playing OLB he knows how to take on a pulling Guard. He will not get kicked out and give up a big run to the outside. D Williams couldn't do this last year. All you have to do is look back at the NY Giants game. All night long they would pull a Guard and kick out Williams.

This is another reason I believe that whoever we get in here to play LB for us in the future will be a lot bigger.

nobkowski (2/16/2008)
Brooking must not suck as bad as Crump cause he is still here.

What does Crumpler have to do with Brooking. Are they Siamese twins or something. Crumpler performance dictates Brooking performance. Oh, I didn't think so. So why bring up Crumpler?

The Falcon Ace (2/16/2008)
There isn't really a better OLB on this team than Brooking. Until we find a better one via draft or free agency we should keep him there. His leadership and experience is also vital on the field.

There may not be a better one but Nicholas isn't much worse and is way more cheaper than 8.5 million. And how has his leadership helped? We have been in the bottom half of total D for the last couple of years. The only thing he is leading is this D into the ground.

statz (2/16/2008)
There may not be a better one but Nicholas isn't much worse and is way more cheaper than 8.5 million. And how has his leadership helped? We have been in the bottom half of total D for the last couple of years. The only thing he is leading is this D into the ground.

Any D will do that if they don't have a solid D line, not to mention the fact that they were on the field upwards of 35 minutes a game.

The Falcon Ace (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)

Any D will do that if they don't have a solid D line, not to mention the fact that they were on the field upwards of 35 minutes a game.

Well if Brooking didn't demand such a high price tag for his below average play, maybe there would be money left over to shore up the D-line. He's getting paid ray Lewis money and producing like Chris Draft.

statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)
No matter how many fans hate Brooking, He is a good mentor for the young guys.

If u want our young guys to know how to tackle their own teammates, get burnt in the flats by RBs,and make tackles 10 yards after the first down.

Are you really that stupid?

Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)

If u want our young guys to know how to tackle their own teammates, get burnt in the flats by RBs,and make tackles 10 yards after the first down.

Are you really that blind? This is what Brooking does. He has been doing for the last 4 years and is getting paid 8 million for it.

statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)

Are you really that blind? This is what Brooking does. He has been doing for the last 4 years and is getting paid 8 million for it.

I could say the same ##### with other LB's on this team but you don't hear me...This is all you have against Brooking.

Brooking is the heart of that defense, getting rid of him would damage this team even more, I really don't give a ##### if you think he falls on people, as long as he gets the job done.

Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)

I could say the same ##### with other LB's on this team but you don't hear me...This is all you have against Brooking.

Brooking is the heart of that defense, getting rid of him would damage this team even more, I really don't give a ##### if you think he falls on people, as long as he gets the job done.

What other LBs. Boley? Nope. He's a stud. Williams? Yea, he sucks but he's not getting paid 8.5 mil while doing it. And tackling into the endzone is not getting the job done.

statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)

What other LBs. Boley? Nope. He's a stud. Williams? Yea, he sucks but he's not getting paid 8.5 mil while doing it. And tackling into the endzone is not getting the job done.

I seen Boley fall on people plenty of times, every LB does it, its called a "Pile up!" Brooking does need a pay cut though.

Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)
statz (2/16/2008)
Twinblade (2/16/2008)

I seen Boley fall on people plenty of times, every LB does it, its called a "Pile up!" Brooking does need a pay cut though.

I don't think I mentioned Brooking's pile jumping tactics in this thread but he does that too. 10 yards after the first down after he missed the initial tackle that would have stopped the ball carrier from gaining those yards.