NFL Live Said this....

frankthetank966 (2/16/2008)
That the Crumpler cut shakes heads. They said that people in the locker room will be like "huh your going to cut our four time pro bowler?" But cutting Byron and the others make sense. If they are going to cut him they had better have a good plan as to whats going to happen. Our only other offensive weapon is Roddy White.

Norwood is another weapon...and yea they better not go cutting ppl wit out a back up plan. Ya now of any good rookie TE's in da draft?

am i missing something....we have roddy....laurent robinson....norwood.....and you guys know we will get more players in so come on......blakley is a good catching TE...we can resign him.. .... or go after a guy like Ben Utecht or Bryan Fletcher or Ben Troupe or even Jerramy Stevens ........ but to be real with u guys....when Martrez Milner got in.....he played outstanding......his blocking and catching was on point

frankthetank966 (2/16/2008)
That the Crumpler cut shakes heads. They said that people in the locker room will be like "huh your going to cut our four time pro bowler?" But cutting Byron and the others make sense. If they are going to cut him they had better have a good plan as to whats going to happen. Our only other offensive weapon is Roddy White.

I too was shocked about the cutting of Crump. As far as having a plan in place, TD has been interviewed a couple of times since the announcement that i have seen. One was on 680 The Fan and the other was an interview by our board Mod that you can hear on AF.com. In both interviews he was very clear that these decisions were very hard ones, but were made after careful study and input by Coach Smith and the staff with TD. He was also clear that there is a plan in place that included the current roster, FA, the Draft and what these elements have to offer that will be best overall for the team to go forward. There is so much involved here that I don't pretend to understand it all i.e., the salary cap, structure of contracts, bonuses, etc. and how all of these elements among other affect the finances and structure of the team. TD comes across as being a confident person, and one who does not make decisions on a whim. I am willing to trust him and see how this plays out. TD has convinced me that there is a plan in place and that they are taking steps towards implementing this plan. We will definitely be getting younger next season, and I hope leaders will emerge from this group. Right now, I am looking very closely at the Boley situation, and hope we can get a deal done with him. If he becomes a FA on 2/29, I will be quite concerned.

papikaika (2/16/2008)
I`m confident with whats happened so far, i know they`ll make the right moves.

My heart says to the new coaches "What the Heck are you thinking by cutting Crumpler!", but my head says " Yeah, it's time to make some tuff moves and serious decisions to build a great team and stop all this superstar crap, a superbowl winning team is loaded with superstars that are only SUPERSTARS because of other players doing there jobs, not individual players who make great plays by themselves". That's just my opinion and I'm sure someone will get ticked at me for saying that but that's ok, Flame on!

Dunn, Brooking, and Crumpler are (were) by far my favorite players. That said, I'm a realist.

How come nobody looks at factors like increasing drops and nagging injuries when evaluating Crumpler? We all speak of his obvious talent, determination, and pro-bowl status. How come we don't see the reality that his number of snaps per season is on the down hill slide?

I would have loved for him to stay here. However, I really can't say I don't understand the reason. As much as it hurts, I do understand the reason. The other reason is his agent was out there basically begging them to announce his release early in my opinion.

He wants to move on a go for a ring. More power to him. I hope we get there first though.

SadButTrue (2/16/2008)
i cant believe they cut alge, we now have no redzone threats at all

Well i think we will sign a TE.. but i also think that with finneran coming back and Jenkins... we will have plenty of tall receivers as red zone threats... Jenkins sucks normally... but he is pretty good in the red zone if you watch him....