this is why i want the 5th overall pick

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i would also draft Ryan Clady with the 5th pick and think about Matt ryan....this is just a thought so dont go crazy on me.......but if we could bulk jamaal anderson up and get him stronger and better hand techniques..we could move him to DT(justin tuck type)....and draft Vernon Gholston at DE(just a thought so lets not go crazy)

atljbo (2/16/2008)
i would also draft Ryan Clady with the 5th pick and think about Matt ryan....this is just a thought so dont go crazy on me.......but if we could bulk jamaal anderson up and get him stronger and better hand techniques..we could move him to DT(justin tuck type)....and draft Vernon Gholston at DE(just a thought so lets not go crazy)

Actually, the crazy (or not so) thought would be that they might be thinking of moving Jamaal BACK TO TE!!!!

i see what u mean but bulking up anderson more wouldnt be wise...let him stay the size he is to keep speed...maybe just let him work with the trainers on strength and technique...i really would love to see us be a dline dominating team...abraham was actually healthy last year...and if we could rotate him some more...wow!!

rock (2/15/2008)
Petrino is NOT my hero (2/15/2008)
rock (2/15/2008)
falconchef (2/15/2008)
Just asking...Who will we get at 5th if Ellis, Dorsey, Long and McFadden are gone?

Dorsey, Ellis, Chris Long, Jake Long, McFadden.....I think any of these 5 will be a great addition.....If we pick 5th we still are guranteed one of them.

We absolutely would NOT draft Chris Long.. that would make ZERO sense... we have Jamaal and Abraham.... NEVER in a million years will we draft Chris Long with a top 5 pick... if we get stuck with the fifth pick im worried we are going to be left with Ryan unless someone surprises and takes him before us

How would taking a guy at 5 who some say could go number 1 not make sense....we are rebuilding from the ground up and DE is a position with 2 starters....it'll be a few years before we really start to see results and Abraham is already 29...he might not be the best option for us but it would not be a bad pick...Abraham isn't known for being the sturdiest of players and we don't even know if Anderson is gonna make it yet....I would take ellis, dorsey.jake long, and mcfadden before him but if they were gone i would take chris long over anyone else in a second including matt "no thanks" ryan

Drafting a DE when we have a 1st round pick... and Abraham is nuts.... the draft is not the only way to get depth.... we have to many needs on this dang team to get another freaking DE with our top 5 pick... its going to be a tackle (O or D) or unfortunately McFadden even though i really dont want him...

The Dolphins and the Rams need a defensive end like Long, and having the fifth pick makes it easier to trade back. The fifth just makes more sense. Of course, we'll know more after the combine, as Chris can probably lock up the first pick if he does well. Don't forget Mario Williams. Defensive guys who can create pressure are incredibly valuable in this league. Just ask the Giants.

Petrino is NOT my hero (2/16/2008)
rock (2/15/2008)
Petrino is NOT my hero (2/15/2008)
rock (2/15/2008)
falconchef (2/15/2008)
Just asking...Who will we get at 5th if Ellis, Dorsey, Long and McFadden are gone?

Dorsey, Ellis, Chris Long, Jake Long, McFadden.....I think any of these 5 will be a great addition.....If we pick 5th we still are guranteed one of them.

We absolutely would NOT draft Chris Long.. that would make ZERO sense... we have Jamaal and Abraham.... NEVER in a million years will we draft Chris Long with a top 5 pick... if we get stuck with the fifth pick im worried we are going to be left with Ryan unless someone surprises and takes him before us

How would taking a guy at 5 who some say could go number 1 not make sense....we are rebuilding from the ground up and DE is a position with 2 starters....it'll be a few years before we really start to see results and Abraham is already 29...he might not be the best option for us but it would not be a bad pick...Abraham isn't known for being the sturdiest of players and we don't even know if Anderson is gonna make it yet....I would take ellis, dorsey.jake long, and mcfadden before him but if they were gone i would take chris long over anyone else in a second including matt "no thanks" ryan

Drafting a DE when we have a 1st round pick... and Abraham is nuts.... the draft is not the only way to get depth.... we have to many needs on this dang team to get another freaking DE with our top 5 pick... its going to be a tackle (O or D) or unfortunately McFadden even though i really dont want him...

I think we should take DT or OL first too..My point is if we have the 5th pick and and the above mentioned are gone I would take Chris long over anyone else....if we have an earlier pick we won't even have to worry about it....Who would you take at 5 if Ellis, Dorsey, Jake Long and McFadden were all gone?....then, lets compare them to Chris Long

So you'd rather have a worse FIRST ROUND pick in favor of better later round picks!!?? If we pick 5th, we will miss out on Ellis, Dorsey, Long, and McFadden (probably in that order, too!)

Author, while we will have earlier choices in subsequent rounds, we lose a lot in the first round. Keep in mind that the two teams that will remain ahead of us in every round (Miami and St Louis) have the same needs. That means that every round, we will still see them take players that we want.

If we pick third in round one, our options open up greatly. Not only are we capable of drafting one of the stud DT's or OT, but we also have a better shot at trading with Dallas for their two first rounders.

I am hoping to win the coin flip against Oakland.

Look a the wider picture. You have more options witht he pick. Easier trade bait. Chicago would probably want to make a trade.They desperately need a QB. So we trade down to the mid teens. I think the 13th pick. Kenny Phillips is an option. Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart. We might also be able to Orton from Chicago along with later rounds pick.

If we stay at 5th, one of the four thats been mention will be there.

Miami- Chris Long

St. Louis- Jake Long

Oakland- Glenn Dorsey

Kansas City- Matt Ryan

Atlanta- Darren Mcfadden or Sedrick Ellis

UGA_DAWG46 (2/16/2008)
Look a the wider picture. You have more options witht he pick. Easier trade bait. Chicago would probably want to make a trade.They desperately need a QB. So we trade down to the mid teens. I think the 13th pick. Kenny Phillips is an option. Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart. We might also be able to Orton from Chicago along with later rounds pick.

Miami- Chris Long

St. Louis- Jake Long

Oakland- Glenn Dorsey

Kansas City- Matt Ryan

Impossible to predict.

I don't hope one way or another on the coin flip, to be perfectly honest. I just hope we make the most of every pick.

Wooo! You guys a little confused , Here is the way it will work in the draft ......... which ever team end up picking 3rd will pick 5th in the 2nd round and 3rd in the 3rd round and 5th in the 4th round and so on threw the whole draft .

And who ever gets the 4th pick will pick 4th threw the whole draft .

And who ever gets the 5th pick in round 1 will pick 3rd in the 2nd and 5th in the 3rd and so on threw the whole draft ..........Here is the example ......Lets say we get the 3rd and Oak gets the 4th and KC gets the 5th , then this is how they would draft ................

RD 1---RD 2---RD 3---RD 4---RD 5---RD 6---RD 7

3 Atl....3 KC....3 Atl....3 KC....3 Atl....3 KC ....3 Atl

4 Oak..4 Oak...4.Oak...4 Oak..4 Oak...4 Oak...4 Oak

5 KC....5 Atl....5 KC.....5 Atl...5 KC.....5 Atl....5 KC

atljbo (2/15/2008)
(if we have the 5th pick)..in the 2nd round we would pick 4th........................... in the 3rd round we would pick 3rd(and so on...it just keep switching)

(if we have the 4th pick)..in the 2nd round we would pick 3rd........................... in the 3rd round we would pick 6th(and so on...it just keep switching)

(if we have the 3th pick)..in the 2nd round we would pick 6th........................... in the 3rd round we would pick 5th(and so on...it just keep switching)

dude its just us and OAK tossing the coin..so well either get the 3rd or 4th...

Mugzy12 (2/16/2008)
atljbo (2/15/2008)
(if we have the 5th pick)..in the 2nd round we would pick 4th........................... in the 3rd round we would pick 3rd(and so on...it just keep switching)

(if we have the 4th pick)..in the 2nd round we would pick 3rd........................... in the 3rd round we would pick 6th(and so on...it just keep switching)

(if we have the 3th pick)..in the 2nd round we would pick 6th........................... in the 3rd round we would pick 5th(and so on...it just keep switching)

dude its just us and OAK tossing the coin..so well either get the 3rd or 4th...

Dude , your wrong , If we win the toss then it is all over BC Oak will pick above KC BC of tie breackers , but if we lose the flip with Oak then we have to flip with KC for the 4th spost BC we are not in the same div as KC and Oak . but KC can not pick about Oak.

So we could end up any where form 3 to 5 , Oak will end up at either 3 or 4 at worst , and KC will pick at either 4 or 5 , That is how it is .

UGA_DAWG46 (2/16/2008)

Miami- Chris Long

St. Louis- Jake Long

Oakland- Glenn Dorsey

Kansas City- Matt Ryan

Um i dont know if you have been watching football stuff lately... but Kansas City already said that Brodie Kroyle is their future.. and will start next year with Huard as his back up... Kroyle is actually pretty good to... i highly doubt they would draft Matt Ryan for no apparent reason..

UGA_DAWG46 (2/16/2008)

Miami- Chris Long

St. Louis- Jake Long

Oakland- Glenn Dorsey

Kansas City- Matt Ryan

Um i dont know if you have been watching football stuff lately... but Kansas City already said that Brodie Kroyle is their future.. and will start next year with Huard as his back up... Kroyle is actually pretty good to... i highly doubt they would draft Matt Ryan for no apparent reason..

That;s right and they will take Jake Long if he is still there.

Draftnut57 (2/16/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/16/2008)

Miami- Chris Long

St. Louis- Jake Long

Oakland- Glenn Dorsey

Kansas City- Matt Ryan

yep.. we NEED the 3rd pick if we want to have a choice of who we take... it makes no sense to want the 5th and just take the leftovers

Draftnut57 (2/16/2008)
UGA_DAWG46 (2/16/2008)

Miami- Chris Long

St. Louis- Jake Long

Oakland- Glenn Dorsey

Kansas City- Matt Ryan

yep.. we NEED the 3rd pick if we want to have a choice of who we take... it makes no sense to want the 5th and just take the leftovers

The positive of getting the 3rd pick in rd one is that we are dealing with so much more value BC of the elite 5 players in the draft .... Plus we would get to pick 3rd in the 7th round also, so we would pick 3rd in 4 rounds and 5th in 3 rounds but if we get the 5th pick in rd one we would pick 5th 4 times and 3rd in 3 rds , after looking at all the facts , there is no doulbt that we need the 3rd pick .