IF IT TURNS OUT THAT THE PATRIOTS CHEATED MORE THAN WHAT PPL THINK

ATLballer

It seems this hole is getting deeper and deeper for the Patriots and R Goddell.I think there was more to it than what we know...$500k a week after the recording is discovered ....I think they were doing more than just recording....

This investigation is getting bigger and I think a cover up will be exposed....

Maybe the patriots were not as good as everyone thinks...Maybe they had a whole lot of help

Didn't think it was that serious when it broke, don't think it is serious now. As far as td is concerned.... very difficult to imagine he had anything whatsoever to do with spygate.

Thats like saying a kid I was in the same class with was caught cheating, therefore I am probably guilty of the same.

I bet half of the teams in the NFL are doing this. NE just got caught.

Anyone ever get pissed when teams try to steal signs in baseball? knowing what is coming in baseball would be a lot more beneficial than it would in football. At least in football the other team will have a chance to audible. Not to mention, half the time the opposing team has a very good idea what is coming anyway, it is just all about who can execute better.

This is just a non issue.

ajohnson1050 (2/15/2008)
Nothing changes in my eyes. Signal stealing? How much can it help?

Today's football is not Techmo Bowl. You can't just call the same play and it's an automatic loss. The players still have to play the game.

Recent allegations are that New England secretly filmed the Rams final walk thru before the 2001 superbowl. This goes way deeper than filming signal during NFL games

Sting129 (2/15/2008)
What does Goodell gain from helping the Patriots?

Goodell doesn't necessarily gain anything from helping the Patriots, but if it is exposed that their cheating was really bad it makes the league look really bad too and people will be wanting asterisks by their championships. It's much the same as we are seeing in baseball right now with the steroids scandals. Goodell doesn't want to tarnish the "impeccable" reputation the NFL has with a cheating scandal. Personally, I think the Pats cheated for every superbowl.

atlballer (2/15/2008)
It seems this hole is getting deeper and deeper for the Patriots and R Goddell.I think there was more to it than what we know...$500k a week after the recording is discovered ....I think they were doing more than just recording....

This investigation is getting bigger and I think a cover up will be exposed....

Maybe the patriots were not as good as everyone thinks...Maybe they had a whole lot of help

My perception of them won't change....I've always hated their guts and thought (and still think) that Belicheat is something I would scrape off of the bottom of my shoe after walking through a kennel exercise yard.

ajohnson1050 (2/15/2008)

Today's football is not Techmo Bowl. You can't just call the same play and it's an automatic loss. The players still have to play the game.

Why do it if it doesnt help?The level of play is so high knowing the call is huge.You dont get called in front of congress over a pass interference play.I pray belichick is standing tall infront of the man in DC soon.He may get suspended or banned if they can whip the congress into a publicity stunt.

Bloodhoundz Reborn (2/16/2008)
Overblown to me. Lets not act like cheating is new when it comes to what we do in life.

Dont act like getting busted is new then.They are cheating because theygot caught.They did it after getting caught.Belichick did it the whole time in NE up until recently.

ajohnson1050 (2/15/2008)

It takes a whole lot of the competition out of the game when the other team knows where you are going to be going.

ajohnson1050 (2/15/2008)

It takes a whole lot of the competition out of the game when the other team knows where you are going to be going.