steve wyche on the radio in miami

Tuggle'2

I live in miami, and was listening to to him today and the one thing he was talking about all the cuts today except a couple of guys these moves were made because of injuries. Listen guys i love alge to but his production had dropped alittle because of them and there not getting any better when dealing with knees all the time. people have to understand they are rebuilding and there are going to be some cuts that people wonder about. **** miami just cut the heart of there team because of injuries in zach thomas.

He was also saying that they got down to about 17 mil today and that TD wants to be in the range of 23-25 under when free agency starts so expect som more in the coming days.

Third thing he was saying is the same things we have been hearing that they want to get stronger up the middle and the lines. He said if d-mac is there when we pick we will take him, if not expect one of the d-tackes!

I live in miami, and was listening to to him today and the one thing he was talking about all the cuts today except a couple of guys these moves were made because of injuries. Listen guys i love alge to but his production had dropped alittle because of them and there not getting any better when dealing with knees all the time. people have to understand they are rebuilding and there are going to be some cuts that people wonder about. **** miami just cut the heart of there team because of injuries in zach thomas.

He was also saying that they got down to about 17 mil today and that TD wants to be in the range of 23-25 under when free agency starts so expect som more in the coming days.

Third thing he was saying is the same things we have been hearing that they want to get stronger up the middle and the lines. He said if d-mac is there when we pick we will take him, if not expect one of the d-tackes!

Not sure Zach Thomas is the heart and soul. That may go to Jason Taylor and I think they still have this guy named Joey Porter.

um i live n miami and listen to ther radio station all the time, in this case i think i knw more than you, that zach was the heart of this d-fense. my point is sooner or lter you need to rebuild, and parcells is doing it. people are not as pissed cause its parcells, and not cam cameron. Give these guys a break and let them do what they need. Our record was not that great with them. Doesnt mean i didnt like alge, but if they wanted more of a blocking te then why pay a guy alot of money to do something that they dont as much as they need other things for there system to work. I agree d-mac if he is there, if not i got no prob with the tackles.

ok, first off, porter was no way the heart of the defense. zach and tayler were. they were the 2 leaders on the team.

secondly, why would d-mac be a better pick than ellis. first off, he wouldn't have a line to run behind and wouldn't gain any yards even if he was good. second, we already have a capable back to play football. third, we just released rod coleman, our best dt. ellis would fill that whole on our d-line. just like how anderson replaced kerney, we need a guy to replace coleman.

Listen, when you have a chance to take real game changers you take them. Nothing againest anyone in the top five but if you get the best pllayer in the draft with the 3-4-5 you take it. There is still FA poeple stop frecking out. If they go sign a guy like cory williams people will be fine with d-mac. What else do you want from a guy that put up the numbers in the best conference in college, with no passing game, and most importantly, played the way he did in the BIG GAMES!

somecut8 (2/15/2008)
ok, first off, porter was no way the heart of the defense. zach and tayler were. they were the 2 leaders on the team.

secondly, why would d-mac be a better pick than ellis. first off, he wouldn't have a line to run behind and wouldn't gain any yards even if he was good. second, we already have a capable back to play football. third, we just released rod coleman, our best dt. ellis would fill that whole on our d-line. just like how anderson replaced kerney, we need a guy to replace coleman.

A few things of issue with your post...

1. Darren McFadden is the kind of player you can build a team around. Ellis would tremendously improve what we already have. Both are good picks for us.

2. Whether we take DMC or Ellis, how does that have anything to do with the o-line? So if we draft DMC, he doesn't have a line to run behind... if we draft Ellis, o-line isn't an issue? There are 7 rounds in the draft my man... and we currently have 5 picks from rounds 1-3. I'm pretty sure we can address the o-line no matter who we pick in the 1st round. And not only that, but it is HIGHLY debateable as to whether or not there is even an OT worth taking in the top 5.

3. Norwood has proven he's capable of gaining good yardage with limited play. Any time he has gotten popped hard or had several carries in a short span of time, he's gone out of the game with some minor injury. I love Norwood, he's one of my favorite players on the team, but to suggest he's reliable as the go-to guy at RB is silly.

4. How was Coleman our best DT if he was never on the field? He played all of 5 games in 2007.

5. We needed someone to replace Coleman last year when we should have taken Amobi Okoye. Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey would be a great pick, but so would DMC. There are several options in the following rounds for DTs, as well as RBs. Either choice in the 1st still gives us plenty to look at afterwards.

Tuggle, I live in Lauderdale. It's good to hear that the Falcons have at least one other supporter down here.

I would not put too much stock into what a reporter says about the draft. It is all speculation.

If the Falcons sign Corey Williams in free agency, their draft certainly opens up. They could go QB, OT, FS, or RB in the first round. Personally, I have a "dream" scenario that has them trading down and trading Hall. They would have three first rounders and end up drafting an OT, QB and FS.

The point is that painful cuts have been made and more of the same are on their way. After my initial shock and anger, I understand why the cuts have to be made. I believe that Dimitroff has thought this through and will end up with a younger and hungrier team. Hopefully, the team will be stronger up the middle on O and D. If that happens, winning will follow.