What's your favorite cut of beef?

falconchef (2/15/2008)
Hands down, the Porterhouse...Tenderloin on one side, New York Strip (and who doesn't like anything with the word "strip" in it!!!) on the other...plus a bone to knaw on when you're done, Rargh Rargh Rargh!!!
I wholeheartedly agree. Wifey cooked me one last night for Valentine's Day!:D

It would definitely depend upon the use of the particular cut of meat, but if I am merely looking to eat like a steak, I would have to go with a Rib Eye. Great percentage of fat content, and well marbled. Filet Mignon is great, but a Rib Eye is a man's steak. I am a purist when it comes to meats: salt, pepper, medium-rare.

Tetsujin-28 (2/16/2008)
falconchef (2/15/2008)
Hands down, the Porterhouse...Tenderloin on one side, New York Strip (and who doesn't like anything with the word "strip" in it!!!) on the other...plus a bone to knaw on when you're done, Rargh Rargh Rargh!!!
I wholeheartedly agree. Wifey cooked me one last night for Valentine's Day!:D

sounds like someone is getting an early start for Steak & BJ Day

I haven't decided yet. They are all to **** good.

I just recently went to the Publix and got two of every cut they had (one for dinner and one for lunch the next day). I'm working my way through them, I will let you know in a couple weeks which was the best. Man I really need a nice meat market close to me the only one I know of is about a 15 minute drive.