WHAT'S A REAL FALCON FAN

dewey

I'm confused what's a real falcons fans. I thought fans supported a team because of the players the team had. Because the quailty of the product on the feild was entertaining and good to watch. So I ask you if your favorite players are no longer on the team you supported and the front office is not bring anyone in that entertains you why support that team. So again what's a real falcons fan.

I am starting to THINK THAT A REAL FALCONS FAN IS SOMEONE WHOS LOYAL TO THE OWNER AND MANAGEMENT, by the way some of you talk

dewey (2/15/2008)
I'm confused what's a real falcons fans. I thought fans supported a team because of the players the team had. Because the quailty of the product on the feild was entertaining and good to watch. So I ask you if your favorite players are no longer on the team you supported and the front office is not bring anyone in that entertains you why support that team. So again what's a real falcons fan.

I am starting to THINK THAT A REAL FALCONS FAN IS SOMEONE WHOS LOYAL TO THE OWNER AND MANAGEMENT, by the way some of you talk

So by your way of thinking once your favorite player retires you are no longer a football fan because your favorite player isn't there ?

I've got news for you the game is bigger than the players and the owners.

If fans stopped following teams because one player left, the old teams wouldn't have any fans.

So Green Bay will have no fans once Farve retires ?

what about the Giants? Taylor retired

Chicago do you think they will have fans once Urlacher is traded? ohh they will be pissed but they will still be fans in the end.

To answer your question a fan is someone that cheers for a group of men that have skill in a game that raises the hearts and moral of regular people. We don't always agree with what they do but a true fan will still be there when the owners have changed, and your favorite player has been cut, because a real fan will first believe the cut was for the best of the team and in the long run the best for the fans.

dewey (2/15/2008)

someone who watches the games and knows who the players on the team are. that qualifies

So by your way of thinking once your favorite player retires you are no longer a football fan because your favorite player isn't there ?

I've got news for you the game is bigger than the players and the owners.

If fans stopped following teams because one player left, the old teams wouldn't have any fans.

So Green Bay will have no fans once Farve retires ?

what about the Giants? Taylor retired

Chicago do you think they will have fans once Urlacher is traded? ohh they will be pissed but they will still be fans in the end.

To answer your question a fan is someone that cheers for a group of men that have skill in a game that raises the hearts and moral of regular people. We don't always agree with what they do but a true fan will still be there when the owners have changed, and your favorite player has been cut, because a real fan will first believe the cut was for the best of the team and in the long run the best for the fans.

The difference is those teams have tradition that has drawn the fans in for years. Those teams do not divide their fan base, or lie to their fans. In Green Bay the fans own the team. The Falcons have a tradition of losing so people become fans of certain players b.c they give them something to cheer about b.c the team has not been all that great. So take away fan favorites and wins, and you have something boring going on. The Falcons also do not have a good game day experience. This is the difference from being a fan at home or in the sports bar, or being a fan in the actual stadium.

A 'real fan' supports the team. He doesn't leave the team because his favorite player leaves or because he doesn't like the new coach. If a real fan doesn't like something the team is doing he doesn't leave for another team, he calls for the team to make changes whether it's coaching changinges, management, ownership or whatever. I personally have always rooted for the Falcons because they are my home town team and I grew up watching them. I'm not like a lot of Atlanta sports fans who become "long time Cowboys fans" when things are down.

falconfootball (2/15/2008)[/b

... or those that just root for the laundry. :P

You nailed it ff. You root for the colors and the logo....The premise of this thread is fairly stupid.

goatehall (2/15/2008)[/b

The difference is those teams have tradition that has drawn the fans in for years. Those teams do not divide their fan base, or lie to their fans. In Green Bay the fans own the team. The Falcons have a tradition of losing so people become fans of certain players b.c they give them something to cheer about b.c the team has not been all that great. So take away fan favorites and wins, and you have something boring going on. The Falcons also do not have a good game day experience. This is the difference from being a fan at home or in the sports bar, or being a fan in the actual stadium.

Well gosh goat if pulling for the Falcons is such an unpleasant experience I think it would be wise for you to join the horde who are apparently jumping ship today.

statz (2/15/2008)
Those who drink the kool-aid, wear the blinders, and let Arthur Blank run this team down into the ground even more.
....and those who whine and moan every time the wind blows at Flowery Branch make everything sooooooooooooo much better.

dewey (2/15/2008)

I think you have quoted the true bandwagon fan definition.Way to go boner.

And if true fans rooted for players then they need to look at

the Bengals and the Browns.Loyal ex door mat teams of the NFL,sold stands out while producing a steady loosing season.

Great fans and the kind of support base we need in Atlanta.

Well gosh goat if pulling for the Falcons is such an unpleasant experience I think it would be wise for you to join the horde who are apparently jumping ship today.

I never said I would stop pulling for the Falcons I love the Falcons. As a child my dad would take me to watch the Falcons practice. I grew up on Dominque Wilkins, And Dale Murphy. Good friends with Lou Hudson and family. The point is people want a good product and I'm not different. IF the product is not to my liking or there are favorites for me I will support the team from my living room or a sports bar as opposed to giving Arthur Blank my hard earned money. Just like a movie. Some movies people go to the theatre and see. Others people wait until it comes on TV.

halsey (2/15/2008)
Rooting for your home town team is not just 'rooting for laundry'. The Falcons are part of this community. I root for the Falcons in the same way I root for the U.S. Olympic team: Because they are my home team. That's not simply 'rooting for laundry'.

I don't disagree w/that balsey, it was more or less a joke. ;) A joke somewhat based in truth because even if they had a "no trade same players always have to play for the same team rule", eventually guys are gonna retire or get old & die, maybe even a team gets sold, so if ya think about it...

I actually started rooting for them for the same reason, about 10-11 yrs. after I moved down here. But if I ever moved to Charlotte or New Orleans or Tampa, I don't think there's any way in he.ll I could do the same thing there. Where ever I live from now on, I'll always be a Falcons fan.

goatehall (2/15/2008)

I never said I would stop pulling for the Falcons I love the Falcons. As a child my dad would take me to watch the Falcons practice. I grew up on Dominque Wilkins, And Dale Murphy. Good friends with Lou Hudson and family. The point is people want a good product and I'm not different. IF the product is not to my liking or there are favorites for me I will support the team from my living room or a sports bar as opposed to giving Arthur Blank my hard earned money. Just like a movie. Some movies people go to the theatre and see. Others people wait until it comes on TV.

Okay, you hit a soft spot with me when you brought up Lou Hudson....my favorite Hawk of all time and one of my top 5 favorite NBA players ever....

and a helluva gentleman from different accounts I have read.

falconfootball (2/15/2008)
halsey (2/15/2008)
Rooting for your home town team is not just 'rooting for laundry'. The Falcons are part of this community. I root for the Falcons in the same way I root for the U.S. Olympic team: Because they are my home team. That's not simply 'rooting for laundry'.

I don't disagree w/that balsey, it was more or less a joke. ;) A joke somewhat based in truth because even if they had a "no trade same players always have to play for the same team rule", eventually guys are gonna retire or get old & die, maybe even a team gets sold, so if ya think about it...

I actually started rooting for them for the same reason, about 10-11 yrs. after I moved down here. But if I ever moved to Charlotte or New Orleans or Tampa, I don't think there's any way in he.ll I could do the same thing there. Where ever I live from now on, I'll always be a Falcons fan.

Yeah, I know it's a joke, that I believe Jerry Seinfeld started, but I think some people take it literally, as if rooting for a favorite team no matter who the players are is simply rooting for a uniform.

Okay, you hit a soft spot with me when you brought up Lou Hudson....my favorite Hawk of all time and one of my top 5 favorite NBA players ever....

and a helluva gentleman from different accounts I have read.

Lou is a good guy and a family friend. He is very funny as well and he still has that sweet shot. His family also helped me go to college so I'm forever indebted to them. You talking about you favorite Hawks. Had lunch with Lou and Dominique together. Dominique gives them much respect.

well, as a falcons fan, i felt physically ill when i found that we were losing a TE who's been a 4 time Pro Bowler

i hope that helps answer your question.

dewey (2/15/2008)

goatehall (2/15/2008)

Lou is a good guy and a family friend. He is very funny as well and he still has that sweet shot. His family also helped me go to college so I'm forever indebted to them. You talking about you favorite Hawks. Had lunch with Lou and Dominique together. Dominique gives them much respect.

Alright now I'm officially pizzed...Lunch with 'Nique and Sweet Lou? Man, I would have enjoyed being at that table myself.