I told you that Lefty and Crump would be cut and Brooking kept , Be Glad people .

Draftnut57

Crump was awful last year and you can't blame anybody for dropping so many passes that is right in your hands , you can try to blame sombody else , but it just don't work.

At least the Qs could sy they needed better OL but some things are very evident that the player is just flat out no good.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our LB corps was very good last year, and Brooking was one of the reasons for that.

Too many here think that if he;s not as god as Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher in their primes, that means he;s no good....they can;t see how productive he is down to down.

I always assumed Brooking would be asked to take a paycut and stay. That would be a great thing for us, regardless of what all his detractors think.

FalconsFor6 (2/15/2008)
8-ball (2/15/2008)
With the cut of Coleman we will probably be drafting Ellis or Dorsey first round or atleast that is my hope

That makes 2 of us...

Make that 3 of us , Crump is like Shockey with the Giants , he is way over hyped and over paid , at least Shockey did catch the ball thou. But he stays hurt all the time , not as much as Lety did but still out aobut 25 % of the time , Lefty is out about half the time .

Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
Crump was awful last year and you can't blame anybody for dropping so many passes that is right in your hands , you can try to blame sombody else , but it just don't work.

At least the Qs could sy they needed better OL but some things are very evident that the player is just flat out no good.

It's not written in stone that we keep Brooking either.

Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
FalconsFor6 (2/15/2008)
8-ball (2/15/2008)
With the cut of Coleman we will probably be drafting Ellis or Dorsey first round or atleast that is my hope

That makes 2 of us...

Make that 3 of us , Crump is like Shockey with the Giants , he is way over hyped and over paid , at least Shockey did catch the ball thou. But he stays hurt all the time , not as much as Lety did but still out aobut 25 % of the time , Lefty is out about half the time .

Right on bro! This makes me realize that TD and Smith are as Smart as I thought they were , Brooking will take a cut to stay and retire a Falcon , No player I have ever known loves being a Falcon like Mr. Falcon !!!! Him and William (Smiley) Andrews are my all time favorite Falcons ..........Attitude IS EVERYTHING!!!

Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
FalconsFor6 (2/15/2008)
8-ball (2/15/2008)

That makes 2 of us...

Right on bro! This makes me realize that TD and Smith are as Smart as I thought they were , Brooking will take a cut to stay and retire a Falcon , No player I have ever known loves being a Falcon like Mr. Falcon !!!! Him and William (Smiley) Andrews are my all time favorite Falcons .

You do know Brooking is going to be cut right? I guess not. It's going to be a sad season for you. It doesn't matter how much you want to be a Falcon, that's going to stop the team from cutting. Ask Jessie Tuggle how much he wanted to stay a Falcons.

Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)

I will be glad if Brooking stays but only if he restructures his contract, any way he won't be released until after June cuts anyway I hope he stays.

statz (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
FalconsFor6 (2/15/2008)
8-ball (2/15/2008)

That makes 2 of us...

Right on bro! This makes me realize that TD and Smith are as Smart as I thought they were , Brooking will take a cut to stay and retire a Falcon , No player I have ever known loves being a Falcon like Mr. Falcon !!!! Him and William (Smiley) Andrews are my all time favorite Falcons .

You do know Brooking is going to be cut right? I guess not. It's going to be a sad season for you. It doesn't matter how much you want to be a Falcon, that's going to stop the team from cutting. Ask Jessie Tuggle how much he wanted to stay a Falcons.

Your going to have a sad season when he reworks his contract and leads the team in tackles again! ;)

Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
statz (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
FalconsFor6 (2/15/2008)
8-ball (2/15/2008)

That makes 2 of us...

Your going to have a sad season when he reworks his contract and leads the team in tackles again! ;)

Well he didn't lead the team in tackles last year. Looks like he is on the steep hill of decline.

SacFalcFan (2/15/2008)
I agree with Draftnut.. The cuts today were great IMO. I am sure there will be more pretty soon and a few guys who will take pay cuts if they want to stay. I like what they are doing right now. So happy to see that lefty wasn't being considered as a candidate for anything..

Thank you , I'm a little surpriced , I thought I would get swamped with a bunch of negative threads .

statz (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
statz (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
FalconsFor6 (2/15/2008)
8-ball (2/15/2008)

[/quoteThat makes 2 of us...

Make that 3 of us , Crump is like Shockey with the Giants , he is way over hyped and over paid , at least Shockey did catch the ball thou. But he stays hurt all the time , not as much as Lety did but still out aobut 25 % of the time , Lefty is out about half the time .[/ Right on bro! This makes me realize that TD and Smith are as Smart as I thought they were , Brooking will take a cut to stay and retire a Falcon , No player I have ever known loves being a Falcon like Mr. Falcon !!!! Him and William (Smiley) Andrews are my all time favorite Falcons .

Well he didn't lead the team in tackles last year. Looks like he is on the steep hill of decline.

I wonder why??? Him playing out of position??/ If they put him back into his place he will lead this team in tackles again , that is what I was talking about! :)

Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
statz (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
statz (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
FalconsFor6 (2/15/2008)
8-ball (2/15/2008)

Make that 3 of us , Crump is like Shockey with the Giants , he is way over hyped and over paid , at least Shockey did catch the ball thou. But he stays hurt all the time , not as much as Lety did but still out aobut 25 % of the time , Lefty is out about half the time .[/ Right on bro! This makes me realize that TD and Smith are as Smart as I thought they were , Brooking will take a cut to stay and retire a Falcon , No player I have ever known loves being a Falcon like Mr. Falcon !!!! Him and William (Smiley) Andrews are my all time favorite Falcons .

I wonder why??? Him playing out of position??/ If they put him back into his place he will lead this team in tackles again , that is what I was talking about! :)

He average more tackles as a MLB than as a WLB. And what does leading the team in tackles means when most of them are pile jumping or tackles already after a first?

I hate to say it, but I would not have cutt Alge. Very very bold move to say this is TD & MS first year on the job..Happy trails though. I guess Atlanta's saying out with the old in with the new, the MV7 era is over! Well I say lets move forward. I love watching Mike Vick play and I hope he returns to the NFL after he does his time, but It wont be in a ATl uniform. I think the vick supporters on the teams will start sweating after this first roster cutt, because I think there are more that will follow. IMO Atlanta is about to clean house and bring a new VIB to the team and organization. New players, and new attitudes. I hope Atlanta gets rid of the other dead weight, and pick up some top names through freeagency like Micheal Turner, and Alan Faneca. Draft Glen Dorsey, and (Flacco or Woodson in the second round). It may take the next two seasons for Atlanta becomes competitive again, but I'm ready to see what happens

Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
statz (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
statz (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
Draftnut57 (2/15/2008)
FalconsFor6 (2/15/2008)
8-ball (2/15/2008)

Oh , I get it . never mind , I know your problem , People who want to keep players that are flat out terrible players and want to get rid of our very best players have issues . You will find out before the end of the 2008 season that TD and Smith knows more about Football than you think they do.

Hey , I have to go watch my DVR of NFL network and NFL live and catch up on all the Draft prospects for today and the News.

Jay Z (2/15/2008)
I hate to say it, but I would not have cutt Alge. Very very bold move to say this is TD & MS first year on the job..Happy trails though. I guess Atlanta's saying out with the old in with the new, the MV7 era is over! Well I say lets move forward. I love watching Mike Vick play and I hope he returns to the NFL after he does his time, but It wont be in a ATl uniform. I think the vick supporters on the teams will start sweating after this first roster cutt, because I think there are more that will follow. IMO Atlanta is about to clean house and bring a new VIB to the team and organization. New players, and new attitudes. I hope Atlanta gets rid of the other dead weight, and pick up some top names through freeagency like Micheal Turner, and Alan Faneca. Draft Glen Dorsey, and (Flacco or Woodson in the second round). It may take the next two seasons for Atlanta becomes competitive again, but I'm ready to see what happens

I agree with everyting you said except forth Turner pick up , This Draft is loaded with great RB talent and will be much youger and cheaper talent than Turner. WE will draftone of the big power backs in this draft . Can't wait.

gazoo (2/15/2008)
Our LB corps was very good last year, and Brooking was one of the reasons for that.

Too many here think that if he;s not as god as Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher in their primes, that means he;s no good....they can;t see how productive he is down to down.

I always assumed Brooking would be asked to take a paycut and stay. That would be a great thing for us, regardless of what all his detractors think.

I agree. Brooking is still a solid LB. We will not be able to get a better one via draft or FA. He knows the team and is a born leader.

frankthetank966 (2/15/2008)
gazoo (2/15/2008)

I agree. Brooking is still a solid LB. We will not be able to get a better one via draft or FA. He knows the team and is a born leader.

Nice , I love that reply BC it is so true.

frankthetank966 (2/15/2008)
gazoo (2/15/2008)

You could have said the samething about Crumpler. THe fact is, Brooking is past his prime and is dead weight. People take about moving him to the outside? Are you serious. He can't keep up with the Rbs in the flats. Do you not remember how Michael Pittman torched him? Yes, Brooking is solid. If solid means tackling a guy 5 yards after a first down. This guy has the 2nd highest cap hit for LBs this year and is playing like Matt Stewart.