joey harrington

VICKISOURQB

1965steve (2/15/2008)
They released Alge Crumpler, Rod Coleman,Wayne Gandy, Byron Leftwich, Lewis Sanders, Marcus Wilkins and Jamin Elliott But not joey harrington

Maybe...........just maybe, they didn't want to be like Baltimore, when they released Derek Anderson. Cleveland didn't mind that move.

1965steve (2/15/2008)
They released Alge Crumpler, Rod Coleman,Wayne Gandy, Byron Leftwich, Lewis Sanders, Marcus Wilkins and Jamin Elliott But not joey harrington
Let's see, it's DAY 1.

2nd, there are plenty of reasons to release Leftwich as well as Harrington. Out of the 2 last year, Harrington was definitely the better of the 2.

3rd, just because Harrington is on the roster, it does NOT mean he's going to be the starter. There is free agency and the draft to go through first, as well as the other QB we've got on the roster (Shockley, just in case you needed to go look up who our other QB was).

4th, who knows, maybe Harrington is a part of a trade package we're working on and can't be released yet.

He and Redman are viable options for starter next year, according

to Dimitroff, along with some other options as well. This is verbatim

from 680 interview this afternoon. They have been looking at tape

for 2 weeks. They are also excited about the possibilities of Quinn

Ojinakka. I personally think he gets moved to guard and is used to

pull. I can see him be effective in that role. So they differ from the

nifty message board experts on a few things.

Last I checked it was a lot more difficult to fill the QB position than it was to fill the TE position.

so yeah. Joey may get cut next week, but to be honest, it would be foolish for them to cut harrington until they either sign a FA QB or take a QB in the draft. And even then it would still probably be stupid.

Bring It (2/15/2008)
1965steve (2/15/2008)

Maybe...........just maybe, they didn't want to be like Baltimore, when they released Derek Anderson. Cleveland didn't mind that move.

someone had posted the salary impact in another thread and i can ONLY hope that if he is NOT cut that he is the 3rd stringer, clip-board holder for $750K/yr!!:pinch: