This Organization is driving the fans away

Hard Knock (2/16/2008)
You will see a lot more crying more cuts are coming and I am glad. We are rebuilding so

chill out and come along for the ride. Or go jump on the Giants band wagon.

You're correct. You can't play as bad as these guys did and expect to keep your job.

No team is in the business of rewarding for being nice guys or community leaders. It's all about winning football games.

red2play (2/15/2008)
They are keeping Hoey for what reason? He's washed up. A good backup? How about a backup who can manage the game and have even an OUNCE of upside.

Yeah, that's talent worth paying for ... looking at a former insurance salesperson and a washed up no talent, no arm, scared kitten on the field. Yeah, that's what I'd pay for. /NOT

Let's not trade Alge, the heart and soul of the offense. The guy on the front page of www.AtlantaFalcons.com with a competitive spirit. Let's just cut him in the FIRST round of cuts.

In the end, they cut out the heart of the team and they still have guys who underperform consistently with BIG paychecks so that we can't build a future on.

Is this a rebuilding year? Yes. The question is, what are we building?

ITS HARD HARD HARD!!! to believe we are building things up while they say that Hoey can lead this team. Horrible.

i get your point. as i observe this team this last year, alge was our best player on offense and ab on defense. these players were coached by people who had no reputation in the nfl in terms of leading their former teams to playoffs and sbs. people tends to respond positively toward successful people something the falcon players hadn't had since dan reeves. if alge got health issues that could limit his duties they did the right thing but if not bad move. players who should stay: john abraham, lawyer milloy, michael boley, bring back grady jackson, tony taylor, chris houston, david iron, daren stone, stephen nicholas, and yes deangelo hall-now on offense: chri redman, dj shockley, laurent robinson, alge crumpler(if healthy), justin blaylock, quinn ojinnaka, jerious norwood, jason snelling, kynan forney michael koenen(p), roddy white(maybe). i could careless for the rest.

Point 1.

Lets examine last off season.

We traded our second string QB a few weeks before the draft. This move made sense at the time, as we were going to loose him anyway, and we would have never had the balls to bench Vick. Shockley gets hurt in preseason, Vick is carted off. Our second string QB is our starter for most of the season.

So we went into the season, very light at QB. I think the falcons may have learned their lesson. I think they are going to keep as many QB's around as they can until they have some concrete ideas about our direction we are going to take.

Point 2.

Isn't it a whole lot easier to replace a TE, than it is to find a legitimate starter at QB? So there is your reason for why we cut a TE first. An injured TE, an Aging TE, a TE that would not likely have fit into our new scheme. We did the guy a favor. Know many 30 year old football players with bad knees that want to go thru a 2-4 year rebuilding process? Doubtful.

Point 3.

It is February 16. We have a long way to go before we even get to the freakin draft. The falcons may clean house. It wouldn't be unheard of. The saints did that very thing a few years back. Patience.

Even after saying all of that, I wish we hadn't cut Crumpler, but I do understand why we did it. Things need to change.

red2play (2/15/2008)
They are keeping Hoey for what reason? He's washed up. A good backup? How about a backup who can manage the game and have even an OUNCE of upside.

Yeah, that's talent worth paying for ... looking at a former insurance salesperson and a washed up no talent, no arm, scared kitten on the field. Yeah, that's what I'd pay for. /NOT

Let's not trade Alge, the heart and soul of the offense. The guy on the front page of www.AtlantaFalcons.com with a competitive spirit. Let's just cut him in the FIRST round of cuts.

In the end, they cut out the heart of the team and they still have guys who underperform consistently with BIG paychecks so that we can't build a future on.

ITS HARD HARD HARD!!! to believe we are building things up while they say that Hoey can lead this team. Horrible.

The fans that are leaving are only serving to unify our fan base. They aren't real fans, and that's just the simple truth. It's never easy for a team to go through whole-sale changes like this. But I believe the cuts that were made, though very tough and emotional, were correct. Alge and Rod were well on their way to being dead cap-weight. (declining production and often injured) Most of the great teams in the league cut players like this. The Falcons haven't because of poor management. I am liking what I'm seeing so far out of Dimitroff, Smith, and Co. And I'm excited for the future.

Sappy and optimistic? Maybe. But I get like this when I see my team making sound decisions and moving in the right direction.

As someone once said in a post long ago...

"It will take some time to get used to the Falcons actually making SMART decisions!!" Meaning, all the cryers out there have gotten so used to watching us make decisions based on "feelings" and "loyalty" that they've forgotten that those decisions have usually turned out to be good for sentimentality but bad football decisions.

This is the fan base that:-

- Was desparate for us to trade for Peerless Price

- Was desparate for us to trade for Abraham, even though it meant using all of our cap space and 1st round pick.

- Were ecstatic when we made MV the highest paid player in NFL history. In fact, there were many on here who openly admitted that they would have given vick twice as much money if that's what it would have taken to keep him.

- spend every off-season calling for us to trade for Moss/TO/CJ, but dont give the o-line a second thouhgt (although after 4-5 years of this, some are finally starting to recongise the importance of the OL).

Most of our fans wouldn't know a good decision if it walked up and punched them in the face.

ukfalc (2/16/2008)
This is the fan base that:-

- Was desparate for us to trade for Peerless Price

- Was desparate for us to trade for Abraham, even though it meant using all of our cap space and 1st round pick.

- Were ecstatic when we made MV the highest paid player in NFL history. In fact, there were many on here who openly admitted that they would have given vick twice as much money if that's what it would have taken to keep him.

- spend every off-season calling for us to trade for Moss/TO/CJ, but dont give the o-line a second thouhgt (although after 4-5 years of this, some are finally starting to recongise the importance of the OL).

Most of our fans wouldn't know a good decision if it walked up and punched them in the face.

Don't worry, I think many will know what a good decision is when they get those season ticket renewal invoices.

red2play (2/15/2008)

Relax........and let people who know football do there job. Refreshing for a change.

1989fan (2/15/2008)
you ever think they were doing Alge a favor by cutting him in the first round.

Let the guy pick his new home.

Or, maybe he even asked to be released?

No he didn't think, thats the problem with these whiners, they b*tch first then pretend they never said anything once they realize the truth.