Mularky Offense

Who said he doesn't use a TE in his offense? Where is this coming from?

I'd say he does. Last year he was a TE coach(he must like TE's) and the year before that when he was an O coordinator his TE was second on the team in receptions. Seems to me he uses his TE.

Do I need to go back further?

Maybe i'm just venting but our team is going to miss Crump!!!

HatedInRayJay1 (2/15/2008)
Who said he doesn't use a TE in his offense? Where is this coming from?

I'd say he does. Last year he was a TE coach(he must like TE's) and the year before that when he was an O coordinator his TE was second on the team in receptions. Seems to me he uses his TE.

Do I need to go back further?

Maybe i'm just venting but our team is going to miss Crump!!!

I'll miss Crump, too. But like you said, I beleive he played TE, he coached TE's. Either he doesn't use them in his offense enough to warrent having Alge Crumpler, or he knows enough about TE's that he doesn't think Crumpler will be productive in his offense. Either way, I'm going to trust this dicision, I may not like it, but I will trust and hope it was the right move.

Not to mention that his knees have been a problem for the past several seasons and have required surgery two years in a row in the offseason. He's had some weight issues and was a vocal opponent of the coach last year (though who can blame him, right?).

I still don't like it much, and I bet he goes straight to Carolina to pull a Chris Draft on us and have career days twice a year.

Direwolf

From 1996 to 2003, the time Mularkey was either the TE coach or offensive coordinator for Pittsburgh, the most catches by any TE was 19 in one season.

And TE as a group only surpassed 35 catches twice in those 8 seasons.

At Buffalo, no TE caught more than 19 passes, and the TE group never surpassed 35 catches.

The last 2 years at Miami were a bit different, McMichael caught 60 calls in 2006, and the TE group last season had about 60 catches.

Still, history shows Mularkey doesnt care about the TE position as a pass option, and to be honest, Blakely is only a pass catching TE anyways.

I have no problem with them deeming Crump expendable, but Crumped helped this franchise a lot...and has been fun to watch...I wish him the best.