Good Cuts and Good start on rebuilding

We have the best TE we have ever had in my opinion, but it was needed. His knees would be better off on natural grass, and it saves us money. Coleman was a player in decline, but with a new team may have one more good year. Leftwich is a tough QB, but he should not have been signed in the first place.

These decisions seem based on a realistic assessment of our future direction and where we need to go in order to get on the winning track.

xcomm (2/15/2008)
We have the best TE we have ever had in my opinion, but it was needed. His knees would be better off on natural grass, and it saves us money. Coleman was a player in decline, but with a new team may have one more good year. Leftwich is a tough QB, but he should not have been signed in the first place.

These decisions seem based on a realistic assessment of our future direction and where we need to go in order to get on the winning track.

I agree, I think many on here forget that we're rebuilding.

I hate to see Alge go but in hindsight this move will be worth it.

it was good to start rebuilding but we gave ourselves nothing to rebuild with, we are cutting players vs. trading them for depth at other positions. thats the dumbest part of all of this. i realize this isnt madden and we arent going to get a 2nd for crump or a 1st for coleman but i bet teams would have been willing to give a 4th or a 5th or a back up DE or back up OL for these guys. we have great talent evaluators and will be able to draft so well but if we dont get the picks and depth to back up the players we draft we will be in sticky situations.

twyntefour (2/15/2008)
it was good to start rebuilding but we gave ourselves nothing to rebuild with, we are cutting players vs. trading them for depth at other positions. thats the dumbest part of all of this. i realize this isnt madden and we arent going to get a 2nd for crump or a 1st for coleman but i bet teams would have been willing to give a 4th or a 5th or a back up DE or back up OL for these guys. we have great talent evaluators and will be able to draft so well but if we dont get the picks and depth to back up the players we draft we will be in sticky situations.

What makes you think,the front office didn't attempt to trade those players??

Does Nobody is willing to give a pick factor into your rant???

What makes you think,the front office didn't attempt to trade those players??

Does Nobody is willing to give a pick factor into your rant???

your seriously saying that the colts, lions, packers, 49ers, dolphins, ect. wouldnt be willing to part with a 4th or 5th rd pick to get a pro bowl caliber player (when healthy) for a late day two pick?

or teams like chicago, philadelphia, tampa, new orleans, ect. wouldnt be willing to do the same to get an at least DECENT TE?

I like the cuts, Crumpler has been injured alot the last couple years, and TE is not going to be a big part of our new offense..

Now we need to bring in some key free agents, but who is there really???

I dont think we'll get any of the high priced players(haynesworth,faneca,samuel..etc_)

But who is there really to add??? Im not really sure who will be available and is a good fit for our team.

The H.N.I.C. 2! (2/15/2008)
I like the cuts, Crumpler has been injured alot the last couple years, and TE is not going to be a big part of our new offense..

I dont think we'll get any of the high priced players(haynesworth,faneca,samuel..etc_)

But who is there really to add??? Im not really sure who will be available and is a good fit for our team.

there will be more releases league wide the next couple of days so there will be even more FA's to look at.

The H.N.I.C. 2! (2/15/2008)

Other teams are going to make cuts and that will make players available too!

FalconMama (2/15/2008)
xcomm (2/15/2008)

I agree whole heartedly with you FM! WE have never truly rebuilt this team. Ever. ITs always been a piece meal process by adding a few players, then several over the hill F/A's, then an iffy draft. Always enough to have a team, never really enough to challenge year in year out. Hence the never having back to back winning seasons.

I agree, I think many on here forget that we're rebuilding.

I hate to see Alge go but in hindsight this move will be worth it.