Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waterproof_ace83

Official AFMB Fantasy Baseball Draft Thread

820 posts in this topic

mookie6927 (2/21/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)
no laughing at my picks by the way.. I do fantasy football every year (usually 3 leagues), but i haven't done fantasy baseball since the last time I was in this league.. LOL I got my work cut out for me this year to get back into the baseball groove.

i thought the braun pick was a gamble since he was a rookie last year, but if he can produce similar numbers over a full season, it's a good pick. i'm just always shy on 2nd year players or "no name" players who have huge year for the first time and may just be a 1 hit wonder. i love consistent players though

I understand what you are saying and it's a riskier pick due to his youth, but i saw him in person myself and to me he was amazing.. It was either him or fielder.. I just hope he gets enough starts at 3b.. he looks to be possibly moving to the outfield.

Waterproof_ace83 (2/21/2008)
I like the braun pick, kid's a stud. Sac taking him made my life much easier though since i didnt have to choose betweeh him and Prince.

well it was either fielder or braun for me as well. Glad I could make it easier on ya.

With their 2nd round pick, the Gator Mafia selects Grady Sizemore, OF, Cleveland Indians.

How freaking unreal is it that almost half of the first 21 players taken(9) are from the NL East. Wow!

Jgator2113 (2/22/2008)
How freaking unreal is it that almost half of the first 21 players taken(9) are from the NL East. Wow!

3 from NYM

3 from Philly

1 from Atlanta

1 from Florida.

mookie6927 (2/22/2008)
Jgator2113 (2/22/2008)

3 from NYM

3 from Philly

1 from Atlanta

1 from Florida.

4 from NYM. Santana,Reyes, Wright, and Beltran.

capologist (2/22/2008)
I'll be picking in just a few, just got home...

stick around cappy. i'm on line with back to back pics, so you'll be back on the clock within a few minutes of me picking.:D

WTA (2/22/2008)
Swingerz selects OF Carlos Lee, HOU...

Jgator is now OTC...

i considered lee and ordonez/phillips, but knew none of the 3 would be around when i picked again. i liked phillips 30/30 ability and ordonez edged out lee for me b/c of that stacked lineup he's in. he may not get that .363 average again, but should get 115+ RBI's and could easily top 30 HR's

Goodoleboy58 (2/23/2008)
Waterproof_ace83 (2/23/2008)
straight cash homie select Erik Bedard - SP - Sea

eddiek is on the clock

stop reading my draft sheet!

haha. i was thinking about seeing if he would get back to me for my next pick, but i quickly thought better of it. looks like that was a good move! ill gladly take the next AL cy young winner in the 3rd round!