Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waterproof_ace83

Official AFMB Fantasy Baseball Draft Thread

820 posts in this topic

Goodoleboy58 (3/21/2008)
just to be clear im only picking 1 guy right? just want to double check... and im pm'ing mookie the name right now cause i gots to go

Are we just making one pick?

yes, goodoleboy is only picking one player.

you can claim anyone on waivers as soon as the rosters are sent in, which i will do as soon as the next 2 picks are made.

these players are NOT free agents, they are on waivers. you put in a waiver claim and you may or may not get them. my advice to all of you is to claim more guys than you need and rank them in order so you will be sure to get someone. there will be empty spots on the roster so you dont have to drop someone in the waiver claim. if you end up not getting enough guys through waivers you can fill your roster through free agency.

Maybe I'm slow, but I understand waivers, but not in how it is being explained here.  So, we are setting up a time on Sunday to go pick up players that haven't been picked yet?  Is this a free for all, or are we still going in order?

I won't be on much today, but send me a PM and I should be able to reply within the hour. 

And why didn't we just try to finish the draft with maybe one hour time limits?  So in this case, people would be skipped, but we wouldn't have to wait the 24/48 hours for a player to clear waivers. 

Maybe I'm not thinking through this right, but I don't understand what we are doing now. 

gamecock's 6 hour window is up, so with that, goodooyle boy selects Julio Lugo, SS, BOS. waiting on gamecock now

oh and waterproof, will you everything with thet us know when we're ready to begin the waiver wire thing? maybe even designate a time for it to begin...

draft results have been submitted. to set your lineup you have to go to tomorrow's lineup. all of your players are on the bench.

you can start making waiver claims anytime you want. i am going to shorten the waiver time to 1 day so we can fill the rosters quicker.

After the draft, every player goes on waivers before becoming free agents.

A brief explaination of waivers for those who dont understand it...

The players all stay on waivers for a certain period of time. for us it's 2 days (it wouldnt let me switch the players who are already on waivers to 1 day). during the time that players are on waivers, you can put in a claim for them if you want any of them. whoever has the highest "waiver priority" for each particular player will get him. The default waiver priority is the reverse order of the draft, so Goodoleboy is #1. when you successfully pick up a player off of waivers you fall to the bottom of waiver priority. It's really pretty simple and a fair way to finish this. I think its better than just putting everyone on free agency and having a free for all. if you are 5 minutes late for that you might not get anyone good. with waivers, everyone gets a fair shot

capologist (3/22/2008)
2 starting UTIL? and 9 P's in a lineup???

A bit overkill on the starters isn't it?

There's min. innings pitched. If you don't pitch more than 20 innings your pitchers all loose.

ty down (3/22/2008)

There's min. innings pitched. If you don't pitch more than 20 innings your pitchers all loose.

Just seems like 1 too many on each side starting to me at least to what's been done in the past. Oh well, the bench is larger too I think so I might be whining about nothing...:D

capologist (3/22/2008)
ty down (3/22/2008)

Just seems like 1 too many on each side starting to me at least to what's been done in the past. Oh well, the bench is larger too I think so I might be whining about nothing...:D

It just makes the league a little deeper. And i'm not sure, but I think we had 9 pitchers last year too. There were no "P" slots though, just 4 starters and 5 relievers

capologist (3/22/2008)
ty down (3/22/2008)

I think it gives more of competitive edge, but who am I to say. I don't want to change now. I'm just grateful we aren't doing the auto-draft.

Waterproof_ace83 (3/23/2008)
Sac and Cappy, make sure you guys set your lineups. every player is on the bench until you set the lineup.

thanks waterproof.. it's been handled.

Waterproof_ace83 (3/23/2008)
Sac and Cappy, make sure you guys set your lineups. every player is on the bench until you set the lineup.

Thanks for the reminder, I was just waiting for the season to get closer but I see the 1st game is on the 25th now...wow, they are starting EARLY!:D