Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waterproof_ace83

Official AFMB Fantasy Baseball Draft Thread

820 posts in this topic

gamecocknfire (2/20/2008)
With the 11th pick CocknFire selects.....1B Ryan Howard

don't go anywhere gamecock. goodoleboy sent me his picks via PM, so you're about to be on the clock again in just a few minutes.:D

and with the 12th and 13th picks, via PM, goodoleboy selects Albert Pujols, 1B, STL and Alfonso Soriano, OF, CHC. gamecocknfire, you're back on the clock.:w00t:

mookie6927 (2/20/2008)
and with the 12th and 13th picks, via PM, goodoleboy selects Albert Pujols, 1B, STL and Alfonso Soriano, OF, CHC. gamecocknfire, you're back on the clock.:w00t:

AHHHHHH!!!!! Already!!?!?!?!? :w00t:

Nah, give me a minute. Im working on a paper.:doze:

mookie6927 (2/20/2008)

AHHHHHH!!!!! Already!!?!?!?!? :w00t:

Nah, give me a minute. Im working on a paper.:doze:

just think though....after this pick, it'll be a little while before you pick again.:P

With the 14th pick CocknFire selects........2B Chase Utley.

he dropped further than i would've thought. atl2123 is now on the clock.

mookie6927 (2/20/2008)
With the 14th pick CocknFire selects........2B Chase Utley.

he dropped further than i would've thought. atl2123 is now on the clock.

Yeah, I figured it was probably a steal to get him.

One more pick before I'm on the clock. I'll be out and about for a few hours this morning/afternoon so I PM'd my picks to mookie so that I don't hold it up like I did in the first round...:cool:

EddieK (2/21/2008)
One more pick before I'm on the clock. I'll be out and about for a few hours this morning/afternoon so I PM'd my picks to mookie so that I don't hold it up like I did in the first round...:cool:

i'll get ya taken care of. i should be at my desk most of the morning if not most of the day.

mookie6927 (2/21/2008)
EddieK (2/21/2008)

i'll get ya taken care of. i should be at my desk most of the morning if not most of the day.

Cool...thank you sir.

no laughing at my picks by the way.. I do fantasy football every year (usually 3 leagues), but i haven't done fantasy baseball since the last time I was in this league.. LOL I got my work cut out for me this year to get back into the baseball groove.

SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)
no laughing at my picks by the way.. I do fantasy football every year (usually 3 leagues), but i haven't done fantasy baseball since the last time I was in this league.. LOL I got my work cut out for me this year to get back into the baseball groove.

i thought the braun pick was a gamble since he was a rookie last year, but if he can produce similar numbers over a full season, it's a good pick. i'm just always shy on 2nd year players or "no name" players who have huge year for the first time and may just be a 1 hit wonder. i love consistent players though

I like the braun pick, kid's a stud. Sac taking him made my life much easier though since i didnt have to choose betweeh him and Prince.

mookie6927 (2/21/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)

i thought the braun pick was a gamble since he was a rookie last year, but if he can produce similar numbers over a full season, it's a good pick. i'm just always shy on 2nd year players or "no name" players who have huge year for the first time and may just be a 1 hit wonder. i love consistent players though

I've played with a salary cap, so sometimes it's warranted to get rookies or second year players. Sac I felt that was a good pick also.

SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)

i hate fantasy football. baseball is so much better. football is more of a crap shoot since there are so many other factors besides talent. in football the better player doesnt always perform better. ive noticed that as ive become better at being able to see talent in players and evaluate them ive become worse at fantasy football. i cant say the same about baseball.

Waterproof_ace83 (2/21/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)

i hate fantasy football. baseball is so much better. football is more of a crap shoot since there are so many other factors besides talent. in football the better player doesnt always perform better. ive noticed that as ive become better at being able to see talent in players and evaluate them ive become worse at fantasy football. i cant say the same about baseball.

fantasy football just does not hold my attention. changing rosters once a week just doesn't do it for me. baseball seems to be more of a challenge and require much more strategy imo.

mookie6927 (2/21/2008)
Waterproof_ace83 (2/21/2008)
SacFalcFan (2/21/2008)

fantasy football just does not hold my attention. changing rosters once a week just doesn't do it for me. baseball seems to be more of a challenge and require much more strategy imo.

yeah, football is just a race to the waiver wire to pick up the latest moderately talented player who becomes a product of the system they are playing in.

what i really hate about fantasy football is the type of fans it creates. because of fantasy there are two types of fans: those who atcually understand the game, and those who dont know ##### but can give you meaningless stats about players. its not like that with any other sport. (maybe its because stats are much more meaningful in other sports?)