Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Waterproof_ace83

Official AFMB Fantasy Baseball Draft Thread

820 posts in this topic

Waterproof_ace83 (2/18/2008)
Goodoleboy58 (2/18/2008)
so is today the first official day?

I was thinking tomorrow, since its a long weekend

i wish it were a long holiday, but nnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo...people have to have healthcare...:P

we'll officially start this up tomorrow. you have 10 hours to pick, and if you go over the time limit the person after you can make their pick. if you miss your pick you can come back and make your pick at any time. you DO NOT hve to wait until your next pick. if you pick someone who has already been picked the next person may go. it is your responsibility to know who is available. in the event this happens it will be treated the same as someone going over the time limit. the reason for this is because a few times lst year someone would pick someone who was already gone and immediately sign off, which slowed us down bigtime.

we'll officially start this up tomorrow. you have 10 hours to pick, and if you go over the time limit the person after you can make their pick. if you miss your pick you can come back and make your pick at any time. you DO NOT hve to wait until your next pick. if you pick someone who has already been picked the next person may go. it is your responsibility to know who is available. in the event this happens it will be treated the same as someone going over the time limit. the reason for this is because a few times lst year someone would pick someone who was already gone and immediately sign off, which slowed us down bigtime.

So does that mean as of 7:00 a.m., EddieK was officially on the clock?

Also, if you know you may not be around when your pick comes, PM your picks to someone who may be around. We did this last year and it worked well.

mookie6927 (2/19/2008)

Also, if you know you may not be around when your pick comes, PM your picks to someone who may be around. We did this last year and it worked well.

yeah, unless there are any objections from the rest of the league

Waterproof_ace83 (2/19/2008)
mookie6927 (2/19/2008)

yeah, unless there are any objections from the rest of the league

Had eddiek visited this thread yet? The first round pick is big and I don't want anyone to be skipped the first go around if they are at work and haven't had an opportunity to check in... Anyone have any way to get ahold of Eddie? I'll be on the boards til 4 pm yalls time.. then im off til 8 am... If we can get a few more picks in I'll be able to accurately project someone who may be there come my spot but as of right now id be shooting in the dark

Goodoleboy58 (2/19/2008)

Had eddiek visited this thread yet? The first round pick is big and I don't want anyone to be skipped the first go around if they are at work and haven't had an opportunity to check in... Anyone have any way to get ahold of Eddie? I'll be on the boards til 4 pm yalls time.. then im off til 8 am... If we can get a few more picks in I'll be able to accurately project someone who may be there come my spot but as of right now id be shooting in the dark

he hasn't posted in this thread. then again, neither have atl2123, gamecocknfire, or Sac. according to the rules, his 10 hour limit ended at 5:00 so commish, do we want to let Sac go ahead and pick and continue with the draft?

hey mook im back today... i see we didnt get too far lol... ill be around til 4 pm yalls time so if my pick comes up in that window ill be here to make it... if not ill try to give you another list before i get off work today

Goodoleboy58 (2/20/2008)
hey mook im back today... i see we didnt get too far lol... ill be around til 4 pm yalls time so if my pick comes up in that window ill be here to make it... if not ill try to give you another list before i get off work today

works for me.:)

SacFalcFan (2/20/2008)
sac is here and about to pick, but working on a server issue.. give me a few minutes

Don't be making excuses. Fantasy Baseball >>>>>>Server Issue. Get you priorities in line man!!:P

Goodoleboy58 (2/20/2008)
aight atl2123 on the clock

i sent him a message letting him know he was up. so he has until 9:28 tonight to make his pick. i also updated the draft results on page 1.

mookie6927 (2/20/2008)
or cut the time limit from 10 hours to 5 and if you get skipped, you're given the BPA and move on to the next pick

i dont like giving bpa, it can reward people for missing their pick. we had a time limit of either 8 or 10 hours before and never had a problem, hopefully it will work out.

Waterproof_ace83 (2/20/2008)
mookie6927 (2/20/2008)
or cut the time limit from 10 hours to 5 and if you get skipped, you're given the BPA and move on to the next pick

i dont like giving bpa, it can reward people for missing their pick. we had a time limit of either 8 or 10 hours before and never had a problem, hopefully it will work out.

hopefully it will and i see what you're saying about the bpa. we just need everyone to realize that when they're up, or close to being up, it's their responsibility to be ready to jump on line and make a pick. if they won't be around, don't be afraid to PM someone with a list of 5 or 6 guys you want and what order you want them in. i'll gladly pick a player for someone if the want to PM me their picks.....goodoleboy's PM'ed me a couple times already and it doesn't bother me the least.