WHAT DID WE JUST DOOO!!!???

twyntefour

we just cut THE ONLY quality starter on offense. statistics show that young quaterbacks do better with quality tight ends that they can trust as check downs. look at rivers success with gates and romos success with witten. this is terrrrible. This better mean we dont take a qb in the draft because with no weapons he is sure to fail and be considered a bust no matter who we take.

Of these first cuts why wasnt dunn cut? why are we refusing to give a man who averages 6 y/c a chance? and if such players like gandy or colemen dont have value on the trade market why are we just releasing them? are they saying coleman is that terrible he cant even provide depth for us at all? i dont understand alot of these moves and i did have hope for us still having a winning season next year but its obvious we are in complete rebuild mode, look for D Hall, Norwood, White, Boley, and Abe to all be cut in the comming weeks, our front office is proving their youth and incompetance by these cuts and not getting value on the trade market.

twyntefour (2/15/2008)
we just cut THE ONLY quality starter on offense. statistics show that young quaterbacks do better with quality tight ends that they can trust as check downs. look at rivers success with gates and romos success with witten. this is terrrrible. This better mean we dont take a qb in the draft because with no weapons he is sure to fail and be considered a bust no matter who we take.

Of these first cuts why wasnt dunn cut? why are we refusing to give a man who averages 6 y/c a chance? and if such players like gandy or colemen dont have value on the trade market why are we just releasing them? are they saying coleman is that terrible he cant even provide depth for us at all? i dont understand alot of these moves and i did have hope for us still having a winning season next year but its obvious we are in complete rebuild mode, look for D Hall, Norwood, White, Boley, and Abe to all be cut in the comming weeks, our front office is proving their youth and incompetance by these cuts and not getting value on the trade market.

Receiving TE isn't an important position in our new offense. There's still time left - Dunn may well be cut here in coming weeks. Coleman might have provided depth for us, but he was being paid too much to be a reserve player, especially coming off injury. You say we have no quality starters now on offense, but then say you want us to keep Norwood and White: if they aren't quality starters, why should we keep them around? Gandy has no value at all whatsoever (trade or playing), and was coming off a major injury that would put him in jeopardy of missing all of the offseason workouts, training camp, and even the first few games.

I'm not sure why the FO would cut Hall, Norwood, White, Boley, or Abe - if they do, then I would agree that they are incompetent. But I can at least understand where they are coming from with the moves made today...

we are in complete rebuild mode, look for D Hall, Norwood, White, Boley, and Abe to all be cut in the comming weeks

kind of over the top, don't you think?

You have to consider that the type of offense that Mularkey will be using does not necessarily use the tight end position. Good TE, better person, I do not know why they did not get draft picks for him but hey I can respect the decision.

I have to agree with you about Crumpler. Crump had a bad year, and for that he gets cut? At least try to get him to restructure. The man when healthy has solid hands, and is a bruiser on the run. I'm very sorry to see him go. He's been my favorite player on the team for sometime now.

What stinks even more about this, is that he is probably going to another NFC South team.

I hope the FO has got some great TE in mind, because guys like Alge don't grow on trees.

twyntefour (2/15/2008)

Crump was 18th among TE's in the NFL in receptions last year. He was 16th in yards per game. It's not like he's a pro bowler anymore. His lost hands & his bum knees have pretty much derailed his pro bowl abilities. He's a shell of his former self.

twyntefour (2/15/2008)

clues: get ready dude...

Alge USED to be a starter, comparing Whitten and ALge is just wrong...your noobness shines brightly.

Dunn, uh, nobody said the cuts are even close to being done/Dunn yet.

Gandy and Coleman, bot far past their prime. Gandy is older than Morton and holds better than an octopus.

Coleman, he is a hospice project. Why not try to rebuild a rusty '41 Willys.

Rod took hiomself out in 2007 by being stupid in the offseason and getting hurt in the lake on a jet ski. NOT our problem anymore.

Some of the others you complain about will be traded vs being cut.

But, many more are GONERS dude.

be patient man.

i dont understand cutting crump or coleman, the rest i can see. but im sure coleman would have restructed and taken a pay cut, we now have ABSOULUTLEY no interior defense. mike smiths D is predicated on being strong in the middle. we dont have a single starting DT on our roster. i was overstatting my point earlier but i just dont see the logic in cutting crump just because he has great hands. he obviously was a good blocker ive seen him run people over and throw some huge blocks for big time runs that weve had. its just frusterating knowing that for the next three years our team will not post a record above 4-12. im a falcons fan till the day i die. But this franchise is about to suffer in misery for many years.

michaelgee (2/15/2008)

Rod took hiomself out in 2007 by being stupid in the offseason and getting hurt in the lake on a jet ski. NOT our problem anymore.

Not to mention how much safer the deer around Flowery Branch feel.

cutting crumpler was a stupid move; he was a real playmaker

this even eclipses the stupidity of cutting jackson in the middle of last season

we got mike smith as a HC, even though his ability to call plays has never been tested.

then we scrambled to get the staff from some of the worst performing teams in the NFL.

TD and mike smith's decision to keep dunn but cut crumpler makes me question our team's ability to even judge talent

twyntefour (2/15/2008)

It's funny how we all demand change,and when it happens, we begin to riot. The only thing we need to understand and know is at best, we only understand a tenth of a percent of what really goes on behind the scenes. Our perception is skewed by video games, fantasy football and our desire for all good things to happen. Keep in mind that Crumpler had bad knees and spent the first part of camp the last few years being held out of two a day practices. It's likely his knees did not improve after another season of punishment, and to pay him his salary hampered the teams chances to improve in the next couple of years. If they could have traded him, I am certain they would have. And the other possibility which was broached by Direwolf was just maybe, Crumpler did not want to be here any longer. To attack the front office and accuse them of destroying this team(which was already destroyed), or not knowing what they are doing is absurd if you base it only on emotion and past memories.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but.....

Don't get me wrong...Alge is a good Tight End but the reason for his success is because of MV's. I read in a post a while back about MV's style of play. Basically, Alge was MV's go-to-guy because after breakdancing halfway across the field (lol), he had to go to somebody. Is it not strange that Alge was the top receiver in '06 and Roddy was in '07? It's a surprising move but it's not a bad one.

The Rebuilding has begun!

my real questoining about all of this is you can hate on crump all you want but he still has value on the market. even it was for a 4th round pick or some depth at another position, and the same for colemen we could have gotten something in return for him. there is no need to call me a newb i understand how to build a team and im glad to start rebuilding but getting no value in return for crump and coleman is poor management. we take a cap hit either way so why not get value is all im sayin.

michaelgee (2/15/2008)
hitman404 (2/15/2008)
I think you may be overreacting a bit. Alge was a surpise though. The others where just dead weight. Hopefully know we can lock up Boley for a long term deal!

Alge was dead weight too, only he made 5-6 plays in a whole season.

Now who still thinks YKW is in our plans?

You know you have Alge's jersey. Calling him dead weight, whats wrong with you. Just kidding Michaelgee. Im all for change is that all the cuts for today. I know everyone is holding there breath on Brooking and Dunn. Isnt that a country singing group? Brooks/Dunn?

twyntefour (2/15/2008)

FILM doesn't lie. Dimitroff and Smitty have been watching film 24/7 and they KNOW what to look for.

Sit back and relax. It's going to get bloody.............but MUCH better.

Relax.

Shiney_McShine (2/15/2008)
It's funny how we all demand change,and when it happens, we begin to riot. The only thing we need to understand and know is at best, we only understand a tenth of a percent of what really goes on behind the scenes. Our perception is skewed by video games, fantasy football and our desire for all good things to happen. Keep in mind that Crumpler had bad knees and spent the first part of camp the last few years being held out of two a day practices. It's likely his knees did not improve after another season of punishment, and to pay him his salary hampered the teams chances to improve in the next couple of years. If they could have traded him, I am certain they would have. And the other possibility which was broached by Direwolf was just maybe, Crumpler did not want to be here any longer. To attack the front office and accuse them of destroying this team(which was already destroyed), or not knowing what they are doing is absurd if you base it only on emotion and past memories.

Great post !! You, Sir, are in touch with reality.

Bring It (2/15/2008)

Great post !! You, Sir, are in touch with reality.

Must I remind you I am not wearing pants?

Robb4242 (2/15/2008)
michaelgee (2/15/2008)

Yes, they're all jumping for joy right now lol.

im not pissed about losing these players in the light of rebuilding im just very upset that we didnt get anything in return for a few of them. you can lay off flamming me, you act as if they CUT one of your fav. players you wouldnt be in question. im excited about getting younger but like i said we now have no strength in the middle of our line and no check down reciever for our terrible qb's. all i can say at this point is we BETTER NOT!!!! draft a qb with the first pick. after these CUTS we will need some quality starters at LT and DT. we offer no protection for a young qb and since we continue to refuse to start norwood we again will have no running game, so the only opt. our qb will have is to throw to the much improved white.

FalconMama (2/15/2008)
Robb4242 (2/15/2008)
michaelgee (2/15/2008)

Yes, they're all jumping for joy right now lol.

Had not seen you around much lately FalconMama, congrats on baby Landon.

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me from just about any of the possible candidates for a pink slip. Maybe Brooking. But DHall has as much as intimated that very thing. Man, I hope I don't hear his name come up anywhere w/in 1000 miles of these cuts, though.